Sullivan North vs Morristown East

EASTFAN

Just want to say ditto on rebelrebelman's comments. Everybody takes everything so seriously on here. that's why it's so easy to get everybody riled up. Have fun with life. People get me every now and then and I sit here and laugh about it and then come back with something to see if I can get them. For a serious prediction, I haven't seen Mo East play this year but I did see them last year. It was 21-0 before we could turn around and then had to dig our heels in and make our comeback. From what I've read, Knight isn't disciplined so that will probably be a key. What key players does Mo East have back on offense and defense from last year? As far as North, run defense is great if there is no threat of a pass (Tennessee High game, I was there. Tn High had a lot of injuries at that time too so it was a different team than what they are now). If you spread them out, there are some lanes there. You may not break a 50 yard run but 5 yards at a time will work. I've read that Mo East has speed so that will be North's downfall I believe. Speed kills. On defense, Mo East just needs to make sure any receiver doesn't get behind them because the QB for north floats passes. Load 9 or 10 in the box, play a 3-4 if possible to keep them from getting the corners. Hard to make a prediction without knowing starters back from last year so I'll wait until after I see that before I give mine.

I think the offense returned 7 or 8 players. Had to rebuilt the defensive line, but still returned 7 starters.

Turner was our QB last year before he got hurt.This year,T-Turner has really turned it up the last few game,

he could be the different. Morristown East's is mostly a Juniors ladden team, our whole backfield will return next year. We have more speed on offense & defense this year. Our main problem all year, has been Fumbling the football. Most of the fumble come when we our trying to get extra yards.

I hope we get a chance to return to Sullivan South this year, but we will need too beat North 1st.

Looks like rain, That could be a problem for East's. We our 0-2 in rain games. GO CANES!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right all right. You guys are comin' on strong! I'm just having fun on this message board. I'm not really that arrogant about South, I mean, we can play our best ball and still have to run into Maryville. I'm no idiot, I know what Maryville is capible of. I'm proud of South on conference championships, so I get on here and have a little fun. But I don't want any of my South compadres getting mad at me for any of this, so lay off the Raiders for now.

I really do think that MoEast wins this game because their opponent is a little too primitive on offense. There ya go, an honest man's prediction. How bout it kingsportfan, are we square?

Yeah, what you said there makes perfect sense. South fans have every right to be proud of themselves, they've earned that. I think it will be a good game friday.

North played tough but went down 32-3 . East defense played their

best game. It was not the best called game---too many flags thrown

on both teams . North probably should have scored 2 TD's.

The injury list for East ( a broken arm ) and one with a hand injury

will have to be overcome with players stepping up for the South game

next week. I would give the winning player to the entire East team .

North played tough but went down 32-3 . East defense played their

best game. It was not the best called game---too many flags thrown

on both teams . North probably should have scored 2 TD's.

The injury list for East ( a broken arm ) and one with a hand injury

will have to be overcome with players stepping up for the South game

next week. I would give the winning player to the entire East team .

John how do you guys always have so many injuries. You all give a new meaning to snake bit. Good luck next week.

Morristown East may have speed, but Norths defensive line (Brad Baker, Jacob Hartsoe, Steven Hartsoe, Carl Magathy, Sterling Throp, Nick Gorman) are all great ball players. Yes, many may argue due to the South Lost,

but North does still lead the league in defense. This team has nothing to lose, they have exceeded all there goals and know what they are facing. All I know is GO NORTH and always hold your head high great job this year. By the way rain for Friday, North plays great in rain Morristown does not.

Missed it by that much!!!!