Soddy Daisy

Luv2Bowl

The Soddy Daisy Boys team is doing really great and I believe they have a lot of potential and will do well this season. Some of the incoming freshman are doing a fantastic job! Don't count them out. They still have a lot of room to grow, but with the return of several of our great bowlers and with the up and coming freshman....they will definitely be a team to contend with. Scott Demirjian and Matt Lyon continue to give solid performances when bowling. Yesterday's match against Signal Mountain High School was 27-0.

Highlights of the game: Matt Lyon (209, 237), Andy Holden (233, 248), Allyn Pickett (289, 199), Kaleb Langston (205), Joseph Leffew (222), Lee Hendrickson (209).

The Soddy Daisy Girls team took a big hit b/c five of the girls graduated. They are in the rebuilding phase right now, but are definitely plugging right along. I expect Sara Merritt, Niki Bell, Lindsay Wright, and Valarie Brown to do well this season. Our new girls are working hard and I'm proud of each and every one of them!

GO SODDY DAISY!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy Daisy's boys' team is doing very well so far. Through the first 8 matches they are untouched with a convincing 8 wins and 0 losses record, having an opposing team score no more than 7 points in any match. The district in which they play is relatively weak, however the numbers can do some talking: with all six of their strongest starters, Soddy has shot single game scores of 1266, 1260, 1256, and 1254. This would put them on pace to shoot around 3690, on average, if the best of their starters were to stay in for an entire match, which has not happened yet. Matt Lyon is leading the team in average thus far for the season with approximately a 216 average, followed by, in a very surprising twist, freshman Allyn Pickett who has achieved an average of approximately 207, followed by Scott Demirjian with an approximate average of 202. However, Soddy has a variety of players, some who are capable of throwing a brilliant load/unload ball, some who can put a lot of side-rotation on the ball, and some who can throw up the back magnificently, which almost guarentees that there will be a few of their bowlers having a good day on any condition. Despite the lack of high averages, Soddy has 3 bowlers with low 200's, 4 bowlers with 190 averages, and 2 bowlers with high 180 averages. There's a lot of room for improvement for this team, and a lot of diversity and versatility among them. They may not be state bound this year, but they will be great within the next three years.

Soddy Daisy's boys' team is doing very well so far. Through the first 8 matches they are untouched with a convincing 8 wins and 0 losses record, having an opposing team score no more than 7 points in any match. The district in which they play is relatively weak, however the numbers can do some talking: with all six of their strongest starters, Soddy has shot single game scores of 1266, 1260, 1256, and 1254. This would put them on pace to shoot around 3690, on average, if the best of their starters were to stay in for an entire match, which has not happened yet. Matt Lyon is leading the team in average thus far for the season with approximately a 216 average, followed by, in a very surprising twist, freshman Allyn Pickett who has achieved an average of approximately 207, followed by Scott Demirjian with an approximate average of 202. However, Soddy has a variety of players, some who are capable of throwing a brilliant load/unload ball, some who can put a lot of side-rotation on the ball, and some who can throw up the back magnificently, which almost guarentees that there will be a few of their bowlers having a good day on any condition. Despite the lack of high averages, Soddy has 3 bowlers with low 200's, 4 bowlers with 190 averages, and 2 bowlers with high 180 averages. There's a lot of room for improvement for this team, and a lot of diversity and versatility among them. They may not be state bound this year, but they will be great within the next three years.

Indeed, We have so many bowlers that can easily average over 200 if they can just make some minor adjustments. Allyn Pickett is by far the most impressive. I can remember last year in the Saturday morning league, he was just averaging about a 160. As for Scott, the only thing I can say is that "he'll be ready" when it comes to district, region, state, ect. He's been battling lane conditions and other problems but will fix them soon like he always does. In conclusion, Soddy is a team that has alot of potential and has lots of "young" talent.

• 3 weeks later...

The Soddy Daisy boys' team has finished the regular season with a 14-0 record. However, will this streak last throughout the tournaments? Soddy shot 1351 in one game earlier in the season and followed it with 1284 to have 2635 at the turn. Though Soddy doesn't have the most powerful team, each and every bowler who bowls for them has shot very VERY well at one time or another, and if they all bring it at once they'll be very hard to beat. Matt Lyon led Soddy's team this season with an overall average of 223.32 as a sophomore, followed by Scott Demirjian with a 208.96 and Allyn Pickett, a freshman, with 205.53. When all these bowlers are hot, they're very hard to get past. On average, their six starters are likely to shoot 3,690 in a match according to my calculations. Also, congratulations to Ian Hutchison for being the fourth bowler in this district to advance to the state individual competition, along with the above three bowlers that were mentioned. Good luck to Soddy as the tournaments begin!

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to Scott Demirjian who apparently won the first Junior Gold Qualifier he has ever attended... Not only did he come in first, but he supposedly was the 5th seed after the qualifying round and then won four consecutive games in the step-ladder to earn first place. Looks like he actually figured out how to adjust to sport shots after all. Haha.

Congratulations to Scott Demirjian who apparently won the first Junior Gold Qualifier he has ever attended... Not only did he come in first, but he supposedly was the 5th seed after the qualifying round and then won four consecutive games in the step-ladder to earn first place. Looks like he actually figured out how to adjust to sport shots after all. Haha.

I am replying to my own comment to further give props to my buddy Scott who shot a perfect 300 game in practice today about 3 hours ago. Not only did he shoot 300, he captured the entire game on film, top to bottom! It was part of an eventual 753 series, in which he compiled 19 consecutive strikes.

Also, congratulations to Allyn Pickett of Soddy Daisy who bowled a 299 game in practice the other day to finish with a 736 series. He has worked harder than most other freshmen in our district to gain an unparalleled knowledge about bowling, and to develop a game that's as solid as a rock! Haha.

Finally, let me congratulate a somewhat underrated Soddy freshman, Cody Hunter, for overcoming some serious alignment issues yesterday in the Saturday morning youth league. Although his first two games were shaky, he lined up very well toward the second half of his second game and proceeded to start the third game with the front 7 strikes for a 255. He has also been coming along very well for Soddy! Congrats dudes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am replying to my own comment to further give props to my buddy Scott who shot a perfect 300 game in practice today about 3 hours ago. Not only did he shoot 300, he captured the entire game on film, top to bottom! It was part of an eventual 753 series, in which he compiled 19 consecutive strikes.

Also, congratulations to Allyn Pickett of Soddy Daisy who bowled a 299 game in practice the other day to finish with a 736 series. He has worked harder than most other freshmen in our district to gain an unparalleled knowledge about bowling, and to develop a game that's as solid as a rock! Haha.

Finally, let me congratulate a somewhat underrated Soddy freshman, Cody Hunter, for overcoming some serious alignment issues yesterday in the Saturday morning youth league. Although his first two games were shaky, he lined up very well toward the second half of his second game and proceeded to start the third game with the front 7 strikes for a 255. He has also been coming along very well for Soddy! Congrats dudes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, it looks like Scott has posted his 300 game on youtube, so take a look folks. Haha. And also, congrats again to Cody Hunter who bowled another 255 game today in a similar fashion as Saturday. If Soddy keeps bowling the way they've been bowling lately, 3900 is definitely within their reach!

Congrats again to Scott for winning the second one he's ever attended. He qualified first seed and then beat Matt Giuliani to win another one. This one was in Canton, GA on January 11, 2009.

...Alright, I'm Scott. So I'll quit talking about myself in the third person now. Haha. Hi everyone /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Since Soddy has progressed to the Regional tournament, we decided to practice at the site of the Regional tournament, Tri-State lanes. During our practice, our six starters warmed up the first game by loosening up and finding lines to the pocket. Then, we chose to shoot 3 games to see what our outcome would be, and we did rather well.

Our first game was a 1230, led by Cody Hunter with a 202, Matt Lyon with a 220, and Scott Demirjian with a 248. Our next game was also very good, as we improved by 99 pins for a 1329, which was led by Allyn Pickett with a 277, Matt Lyon with a 246, Wesley Williams with a 227, and Cody Hunter and Kaleb Langston both shot 201 (I had a 177). Then the other guys had to leave, so Matt and I stayed afterward and shot 466 between us (Matt=214 and I had a 252).

Altogether, we had a 2559 after two, and probably would have shot around 1260 the last game, judging by the streak of strikes, lines, spare shooting, and Matt's and my scores. We should be expecting to shoot around 3720 to 3800 there, hopefully. Just letting anyone who's interested know how we're doing. Good luck to everyone at Regionals! Let us know how you're doing, too! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />