Soddy Daisy

Luv2Bowl

Since Soddy has progressed to the Regional tournament, we decided to practice at the site of the Regional tournament, Tri-State lanes. During our practice, our six starters warmed up the first game by loosening up and finding lines to the pocket. Then, we chose to shoot 3 games to see what our outcome would be, and we did rather well.

Our first game was a 1230, led by Cody Hunter with a 202, Matt Lyon with a 220, and Scott Demirjian with a 248. Our next game was also very good, as we improved by 99 pins for a 1329, which was led by Allyn Pickett with a 277, Matt Lyon with a 246, Wesley Williams with a 227, and Cody Hunter and Kaleb Langston both shot 201 (I had a 177). Then the other guys had to leave, so Matt and I stayed afterward and shot 466 between us (Matt=214 and I had a 252).

Altogether, we had a 2559 after two, and probably would have shot around 1260 the last game, judging by the streak of strikes, lines, spare shooting, and Matt's and my scores. We should be expecting to shoot around 3720 to 3800 there, hopefully. Just letting anyone who's interested know how we're doing. Good luck to everyone at Regionals! Let us know how you're doing, too! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not only did we have a good practice yesterday, we followed it up with an even better one today. Our first game, as always, was a warm up and a few corner pin shots to loosen up, followed by finding a strike line the last few frames.

Then, we shot the best single game we've shot all season with a 1373. Leading the team in this game were Kaleb Langston with a 245, Wesley Williams with 251, Cody Hunter with 220, Scott Demirjian with 258, and Allyn Pickett with 226. Matt, in trying to save his balls' coverstocks for the tournaments, bowled a 173 because the particular ball he was using kept falling off his hand. However, he picked up his Cell the next game and shot a 245, where our team total was 1260.

In our last 4 practice games, our six starters have shot 1230, 1329, 1373, and 1260 for a grand total of 5192, and an average of 216.3 per bowler. Although these scores don't contest with what Smyrna has accomplished this year, I'm still proud of our hard-working team... All the guys do their best to bowl well, and we also do our best to keep good attitudes on the lanes as well. We might not win state this year, we might not even make it to state, but we've certainly got heart that can't be matched... And we're going to give it everything we've got to succeed /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyway, how have Smyrna and Siegel been doing lately? Columbia Central? How about Greenville and Dobyns Bennett? Hendersonville, Hardin county, White Station?? Give some info guys!! Haha. Just curious to see how people are doing /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did we have a good practice yesterday, we followed it up with an even better one today. Our first game, as always, was a warm up and a few corner pin shots to loosen up, followed by finding a strike line the last few frames.

Then, we shot the best single game we've shot all season with a 1373. Leading the team in this game were Kaleb Langston with a 245, Wesley Williams with 251, Cody Hunter with 220, Scott Demirjian with 258, and Allyn Pickett with 226. Matt, in trying to save his balls' coverstocks for the tournaments, bowled a 173 because the particular ball he was using kept falling off his hand. However, he picked up his Cell the next game and shot a 245, where our team total was 1260.

In our last 4 practice games, our six starters have shot 1230, 1329, 1373, and 1260 for a grand total of 5192, and an average of 216.3 per bowler. Although these scores don't contest with what Smyrna has accomplished this year, I'm still proud of our hard-working team... All the guys do their best to bowl well, and we also do our best to keep good attitudes on the lanes as well. We might not win state this year, we might not even make it to state, but we've certainly got heart that can't be matched... And we're going to give it everything we've got to succeed /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyway, how have Smyrna and Siegal been doing lately? Columbia Central? How about Greenville and Dobyns Bennett? Hendersonville, Hardin county, White Station?? Give some info guys!! Haha. Just curious to see how people are doing /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i know siegels A side will be consistantly good. B side had not been doing so hot in last couple practices. Yesterday our B side bowled well. If we can put our A side and B side bowling what they are capable of we should be solid.

i know siegels A side will be consistantly good. B side had not been doing so hot in last couple practices. Yesterday our B side bowled well. If we can put our A side and B side bowling what they are capable of we should be solid.

ain't that the truth... if all 6 bowlers hit at the same time, we're nearly untouchable. However, if we have an average game, we could end up getting beat, and if no one hits then we're completely out of luck... It just so happens that we've all been firing quite well lately, so don't get the misconception that this is common for us. Haha. Good luck to you Siegel and keep us posted on practice games and tourney scores, etc. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ain't that the truth... if all 6 bowlers hit at the same time, we're nearly untouchable. However, if we have an average game, we could end up getting beat, and if no one hits then we're completely out of luck... It just so happens that we've all been firing quite well lately, so don't get the misconception that this is common for us. Haha. Good luck to you Siegel and keep us posted on practice games and tourney scores, etc. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Will do.

I would just like to throw out a congrats to Matt Lyon for shooting a 789 today at Tri-State lanes. His games were 279, 267, and 243. Soddy's team shot well again today in practice hitting about 1260-1290 each game. Our regional will be on 1/21/09, and I'll post the results of it afterward. Good luck to everyone!!

I posted the results of our regional on another topic, Tournament Results, but I'll just note that Soddy shot rather well today with an average of 204.3 per bowler. We shot 3649 and 3706 to win 1st place in the regional tournament. Good luck to everyone, and let us know how you did /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Today Soddy practiced for our sectional match on Monday. Considering we were bowling on lanes that had previously been bowled on by little kids (meaning spottyness and carrydown in weird places) we did quite well. As a team, we came together and meshed well. No one really bowled incredibly well by themselves, but we worked as a team to shoot well.

Our games were 1288, 1289, and 1249 for a grand total of 3826. This set was led by Allyn Pickett with 251, 254, and 192 (697), Scott Demirjian with 216, 235, and 232 (683), Kaleb Langston with 231, 204, and 220 (655), Cody Hunter with 208, 181, and 214 (603), Wesley Williams with 187, 223, and 177 (587), Joseph Leffew with a 214, and Matt Lyon with 195 and 192.

If Matt had been bowling well, we might have shot 3900+. Oh well. We kicked him off the team. He won't be holding us back anymore.

Today Soddy practiced for our sectional match on Monday. Considering we were bowling on lanes that had previously been bowled on by little kids (meaning spottyness and carrydown in weird places) we did quite well. As a team, we came together and meshed well. No one really bowled incredibly well by themselves, but we worked as a team to shoot well.

Our games were 1288, 1289, and 1249 for a grand total of 3826. This set was led by Allyn Pickett with 251, 254, and 192 (697), Scott Demirjian with 216, 235, and 232 (683), Kaleb Langston with 231, 204, and 220 (655), Cody Hunter with 208, 181, and 214 (603), Wesley Williams with 187, 223, and 177 (587), Joseph Leffew with a 214, and Matt Lyon with 195 and 192.

If Matt had been bowling well, we might have shot 3900+. Oh well. We kicked him off the team. He won't be holding us back anymore.

Haha, back spasms don't feel to good, but should have bowled better than that after coming off a 705 earlier that day, well since I'm off the team, I guess ill move to smyrna and join them /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haha, back spasms don't feel to good, but should have bowled better than that after coming off a 705 earlier that day, well since I'm off the team, I guess ill move to smyrna and join them /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sure they could do without your weak 190 games! HAHA! nah, i'm just kidding. Matt shot 705 in league that morning, but his back started killing him during our team practice. If he'd shot 705 instead of the 601 that existed in his spot, we'd have shot a 3930. Take it or leave it. Heck, I'll take it.

I'm sure they could do without your weak 190 games! HAHA! nah, i'm just kidding. Matt shot 705 in league that morning, but his back started killing him during our team practice. If he'd shot 705 instead of the 601 that existed in his spot, we'd have shot a 3930. Take it or leave it. Heck, I'll take it.

Ill be satisfied if we bowl that in the match. We shoot like 3700+ consistently in practice now so lets bring it to the matches shall we?

Ill be satisfied if we bowl that in the match. We shoot like 3700+ consistently in practice now so lets bring it to the matches shall we?

That's a great idea Matt. Spectacular actually! We did shoot that 3706 against Bradley Central, but that was with a 141, another 141, a 175, and a 180. Who knows, we might've shot better than that, but there was no need to keep all the starters in during the last game. We'll just have to give 110% and see what happens.

That's a great idea Matt. Spectacular actually! We did shoot that 3706 against Bradley Central, but that was with a 141, another 141, a 175, and a 180. Who knows, we might've shot better than that, but there was no need to keep all the starters in during the last game. We'll just have to give 110% and see what happens.

HAHAHAAHAH! i hope yals trash doesnt recycle! and yal get all this trash shoved back in yals face...really guys all we did was talk crap last year and look where it put us....