District 14A the best in the State in Single A?

volfan007

My unbiased objective opinion is that if these 2 districts were put together, Clarkrange and JC would be 1 and 2. There would be a small drop off to 3 and 4. There you would find Bradford and Humboldt. I would probably take our 3rd team over the rest of your district.

You guys are HILARIOUS!!!! First, going by the Strength+Success ratings, and since 7A only has 6 teams, if you had 14A play 7A, (1) Clarkrange would beat (9) Humboldt. (2) Jackson County would beat (14) Bradford. (11) Clay County would beat (17) Union City. (24) Pickett County would beat (25) Gleason. (43) Red Boiling Springs would lose to (38) Peabody. (60) Monterey would lose to (42) Greenfield. BUT, this has ALL of 7A playing playing the 6 best teams of 14A, but 7A still winning 4 out of the 6 games. And it goes without saying that if you were to let all of 7A play the 6 bottom teams from 14A, they would win.

But, heres a curve ball for those of you with some mathmatical skills. Even 14A admit that Clarkrange and Jackson County are better then anyone in their district. So, if you were to add 4 loses to all of the teams in 14A which the teams in 7A have placed in their record having to play Clarkrange and Jackson Co. twice each, and they would be ranked even lower in the Strength+Success rankings. More proof that 7A as a whole is just plain better.

But please, don't let this discourage you. Keep trying. You amuse me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are HILARIOUS!!!! First, going by the Strength+Success ratings, and since 7A only has 6 teams, if you had 14A play 7A, (1) Clarkrange would beat (9) Humboldt. (2) Jackson County would beat (14) Bradford. (11) Clay County would beat (17) Union City. (24) Pickett County would beat (25) Gleason. (43) Red Boiling Springs would lose to (38) Peabody. (60) Monterey would lose to (42) Greenfield. BUT, this has ALL of 7A playing playing the 6 best teams of 14A, but 7A still winning 4 out of the 6 games. And it goes without saying that if you were to let all of 7A play the 6 bottom teams from 14A, they would win.

But, heres a curve ball for those of you with some mathmatical skills. Even 14A admit that Clarkrange and Jackson County are better then anyone in their district. So, if you were to add 4 loses to all of the teams in 14A which the teams in 7A have placed in their record having to play Clarkrange and Jackson Co. twice each, and they would be ranked even lower in the Strength+Success rankings. More proof that 7A as a whole is just plain better.

But please, don't let this discourage you. Keep trying. You amuse me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are really funny. Your matchups are really bizarre. In your scenario you left out Lake County one of our better teams and you have Trenton playing and they are our #8 team. You better remember that name, Lake County because they will be bringing a Gold Ball or two back to west Tennessee over the next 4 or 5 years. I know why Gleason wasnt playing Jackson County too, Jackson County doesnt want any of Gleason. The last time they played was Jackson Countys worse loss in their history. Wasnt it something like 50 points? well it could have been and you know it if you were there. Your posts are pretty slanted when you defend 7A but dont count out 14A. Whoever comes out of 14A will represent us well and it could be one of eight teams.

If the six best teams from each district play then in my opinion its 4-2 for 14A. I wish we could see in a 7A vs 14A Holiday Tournament but it wont ever happen. Have a good day.

I guess no lower ranked team has ever beaten a higher ranked team. Also, lets look at the college bowl season and make this same comparison. By your logic, Utah should have been beaten by Alabama, Ole Miss should have been beaten by Texas Tech, Misouri should have beaten Northwestern, Okla. St. should have beaten Oregon, Boston College should have beaten Vandy, Geo. Tech should have beaten LSU, Cincinati should have beaten Viginia Tech, East Carolina should have beaten Ky, and no. 1 Okla. should have beaten no. 2 Fla.

Guess what. Games aren't played on the computer. When the season you will know how crazy your argument is. By the way, I said Clarkrange and JC were better, but I didn't say that our top 2 teams could not beat them.

I think that our top 2 or 3 teams could beat Clarkrange and Jackson Co. I'm not saying that they'd win every time they played, or nothing; but they could beat them. I certainly dont think that Jackson Co. and Clarkrange would go undefeated in District 14A. They'd lose some games...especially on the road.

But, I will concede that Clarkrange and Jackson Co. are two of the best Single A teams in the state. Are they the best? Well, we'll see about that in the Boro, wont we?

If you are counting on Bradford to go very far then I dont see it. They scored 16 points last night not in a quarter but in a game.

Gibson County 60 Bradford 16

Hey "CLOWN" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> if you knew anything about last night's game, Bradford played without 2 starters! Jacclyn Street went out early in the first half with a major knee injury and Molly Wallsmith sat the bench last night with an injured knee.

bballgirl,

If you take Molly Wallsmith and Street out of Bradford's lineup, then they're a totally different team. Nowhere near as good. So, the game at Gibson Co. shouldnt even be looked at to see how good Bradford is.

BTW, how long is Street and Wallsmith out of action? How bad was Street's injury? Does anyone know?

Also, Gibson Co. is one of the best AA teams in the state! They would make a lot of single A teams look bad.

You are really funny. Your matchups are really bizarre. In your scenario you left out Lake County one of our better teams and you have Trenton playing and they are our #8 team. You better remember that name, Lake County because they will be bringing a Gold Ball or two back to west Tennessee over the next 4 or 5 years. I know why Gleason wasnt playing Jackson County too, Jackson County doesnt want any of Gleason. The last time they played was Jackson Countys worse loss in their history. Wasnt it something like 50 points? well it could have been and you know it if you were there. Your posts are pretty slanted when you defend 7A but dont count out 14A. Whoever comes out of 14A will represent us well and it could be one of eight teams.

If the six best teams from each district play then in my opinion its 4-2 for 14A. I wish we could see in a 7A vs 14A Holiday Tournament but it wont ever happen. Have a good day.

Now Greenfield, that JC team was very young, inexperienced, not even supposed to have gotten out of region, much less make sub state or state tourney. Ran into a buzzsaw team in Gleason who was very much in the mix to win it all that year and did and many props have been given to that team for winning it all by 28 points not 50. Also, I don't think JC would back down from Gleason now as they certainly didn't then as overmatched as they were. You just like to keep pulling that ONE game out for comparative reasons and then accuse some one else of slanting post(s) defending 7A.

What would you call that (the Gleason-JC game)? A slanted post defending 14A?

In reply to your question. Gleason was actually younger than Jackson County in that game. Gleason started 2 freshman and played another freshman alot. Gleason wasn't even the favorite going into the tournament. Forrest had just won a state championship and had most of their team back. Powerful Clark Range was also in the tournament so little ole Gleason with an enrollment of 166 sure wasnt the favorite. I like talking about that game because I remember a fellow named Devilfanatic and all the bragging and how sure he was 7A was going to meet up again in the finals. I'll never forget that game. Gleason played everybody on the bench in the third quarter or it could have been 50. 14A wasnt suppose to win that year. Last year I will admmit I thought 14A was down. Well Bradford (enrollment 202) scared Clark Range to death and I was told by some Clark Range fans that Bradford was the best team that they played all year.

We could argue this point for years and still not agree so I'm going to just say dont count 14A out this year. Clark Range looks mighty good but you never know.

I'm an LA fan 7-AA. I support 7-A and JC. but that 33-1 record (which was the best that year) entering the state that year for Gleason certainly made them more of a favorite than JC that year? I believe we could agree on that surely as JC was 21-15 (the worst record of all teams there that year). I am sure you do like talkin about that game, but that seems to be the only game you do like to talk about when this discussion of "who's better" 14a-7a comes up. I respect what 14a brings to the table, because these are the 2 best districts in A ball. I just think that one game is getting long on the tooth. It was a great win and great tourney for Gleason, but I also think those lopsided games between the top teams from each district are few and far between.I don't keep up with 7A aand 14A that close, so I may be wrong about that last comment on lopsided wins when the two teams meet up. I do believe that there is a ton of talent from each area and that s why 14A and 7A are the best. Well good coaching, support from communties, pride and tradition are also factors too as to why both are so good.

I never have counted out 14-A, I know better. And there is probably another argument to made about the best coach in the state, Frazier is good, no doubt, but Brown and Rogers over here in 7-A can handle their own I am satisfied. As far who should make the call between JC and Gleason...I believe you made the remark that JC would want no part of Gleason. So maybe Frazier should draw the line in the sand??? Im not saying who wins, Im just saying Brown and co. would cross the line.

Hands down, IMO, these are the 2 best districts year in and year out and I would like to think we can all agree on this. Sleep well and have a good day tomorrow. Good luck to 14A the rest of the way.