Page vs. Giles County

timeflies

You are right. No reason for them not too. I would too in that situation.

The point is that kids play for "Lipscomb" from about the 5th grade on.

Coach Mac basically runs the entire football program, although he doesn't have direct coaching responsibilities for these younger kids, he does coach the coaches.

Many of the players at Lipscomb spend their whole education/athetic careers at Lipscomb.

That creates hunger and loyality for these younger kids to make it at the High School level.

Trust me, the 5th and 6th grade lipscomb kids don't run anything that the high school does, not the same plays, terminology, nothing. In 7th, and 8th grade it is sort of a vague resemblance. Very vague! They don't really learn the gigh school stuff, until you guessed it... high school.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, the 5th and 6th grade lipscomb kids don't run anything that the high school does, not the same plays, terminology, nothing. In 7th, and 8th grade it is sort of a vague resemblance. Very vague! They don't really learn the gigh school stuff, until you guessed it... high school.

With a name like "Eddie Haskell" I ain't trusting you. Mrs. Cleaver might have, but I ain't Mrs.Cleaver. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So what do the 5th graders run? A spread? 5 wideouts?

Not!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

With a name like "Eddie Haskell" I ain't trusting you. Mrs. Cleaver might have, but I ain't Mrs.Cleaver. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So what do the 5th graders run? A spread? 5 wideouts?

Not!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Love the 2 exclamation points after not... that makes that one word almost as powerful as "Psych" was in the mid-1990's. Lipscomb's 5th graders are actually a feeder team for the Navy Midshipmen. As such, they run the triple option to perfection.

ahapplet, you really think I'm the kind of poster who just sits on one thread waiting on replies? Well, I am. However, that gets boring so I start looking at other threads... Then I happen upon this little experiment. Are you really going to run away to a thread of a team you beat? Tell you what... why don't you get some rest, wake up tomorrow, put on a fresh pair of Pull-Ups, and use your big boy voice over in the thread that is relevant.

Well no I actually did not think you were the kind of poser who just sits on one thread. I didn't run away at all. I just sort of sat back and waited for you to follow and you did. I did just as you suggested, (except for the pull-up part) and awoke to find that when I call, you come running just llike my best little pony always did. Good pony!

Well well.....alltherash......my point was simple ...or so I thought until you applied your diminished mental capacity to this. AND you think Bombsquad is full of himself...take a look in the mirror.

I was at both practices and how I accomplished that shall remain quiet.

Page DOMINATED GC for YEARS and took mercy on them many many times. Here's the point now and don't miss it.....talent in 3a public schools run in cycles....Page had a long cycle and like most 3a schools went thru a down period.......your time is coming..........your coach's background????......what is the longest he has stayed at a school and has he coached long anywhere he had losing teams.

Mark my words......a few more great seasons and he will move on...or have you guys already forgot Tim J. It's called MONEY!!

By the way...we used to get some real laughs out of the GC posters some years back when we heard that Tyler Smith was going to play football...now that was a gas.

Get on here and do your barking now while you can.

Some of the GC fans are great to talk to ....but dude.....go rock your own bus...that is about your speed.

Bobcats don't bark; they growl...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Please tell me how you got to both practices? I think Page had a good team this year. Number 9 is awesome and you can tell he loves to play the game.

Well no I actually did not think you were the kind of poser who just sits on one thread. I didn't run away at all. I just sort of sat back and waited for you to follow and you did. I did just as you suggested, (except for the pull-up part) and awoke to find that when I call, you come running just llike my best little pony always did. Good pony!

I'm no poser... Keep working to get that post count up... I hear if you just keep posting other people's comments again and again, you get CoachT trickpoints.

Bobcats don't bark; they growl...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Please tell me how you got to both practices? I think Page had a good team this year. Number 9 is awesome and you can tell he loves to play the game.

Practice was sort of boring......lots of walk thru plays. Moving personnel around. Both coaching staffs eager to play and nervous at the same time.

GC middle schools do not run the same offense and defense as the high school and up until 2 years ago the freshman did not run the same as the jv and varsity. I have heard people say that they should all run the same to help the boys better prepare for the Varsity team.

The middle school in town tries to, both feeder schools have volunteer coaches and its not likely they will be nearly as intergrated or efficient in running OC's offense as the system DL is able to. And under OC the fresh have began running the high school offense. They couldn't have hardly run it before he came to the school. But running it now should pay nice dividends in the years to come. IMO the freshman class is very talented.

The middle school in town tries to, both feeder schools have volunteer coaches and its not likely they will be nearly as intergrated or efficient in running OC's offense as the system DL is able to. And under OC the fresh have began running the high school offense. They couldn't have hardly run it before he came to the school. But running it now should pay nice dividends in the years to come. IMO the freshman class is very talented.

Wow I didn't know a public school system would have a pay system which included dividends. Very forward thinking down there in Alabama.

The player's at Cox have got a new Coach just about every year for the last 7-8 years. The admin at Cox cares nothing about Sports. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The admin at the feeder schools in Giles aren't big football fans, there good people its just not their thing. I know that a few years back Cox would drop the hammer every time they played Bridgeforth but the last few years its been a bit more of a level playing field for the two.