Page vs. Giles County

timeflies

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is an easy argument that neel is more valuable to page than bo is to giles county. both have talented supporting casts around them, but bo's is called on more to help carry the load.

all you have to do is look at the season stats (you can see both teams stats on unapproved website). bo has basically passed for 1,000yds and rushed for 1,000 yds. neel has done about the same thing... a few hundred yards less. but the difference is in what percentage of the offense their yards account for.

neel is the leading rusher in terms of yards, carries, and touchdowns for his team. he has 50 more carries than their runningback and twice as many yards (who is very good in his own right and actually averaging more per carry).

giles county's main ball carrier, tobias houston, has 60 more carries, 300 more yards, and twice the number of touchdowns as bo.

also, neel plays defense all the time. bo is only in on passing situations.

i think it is an easy argument that neel is more valuable to page than bo is to giles county. both have talented supporting casts around them, but bo's is called on more to help carry the load.

all you have to do is look at the season stats (you can see both teams stats on unapproved website). bo has basically passed for 1,000yds and rushed for 1,000 yds. neel has done about the same thing... a few hundred yards less. but the difference is in what percentage of the offense their yards account for.

neel is the leading rusher in terms of yards, carries, and touchdowns for his team. he has 50 more carries than their runningback and twice as many yards (who is very good in his own right and actually averaging more per carry).

giles county's main ball carrier, tobias houston, has 60 more carries, 300 more yards, and twice the number of touchdowns as bo.

also, neel plays defense all the time. bo is only in on passing situations.

Ok lets get things straight. It doesnt matter how much of the offense neel has accounted for his numbers still arent bo's and maybe he is just a uhm for lack of better words "dealing with his situation a little differently". and as far as bo's touchdown numbers why does it matter if tobias has more he is a beast in his own right and really shouldnt be compared to the quarterback. a runningback traditionally should run more and have more yards. Last i checked football was a team sport not a quarterback sport and i really dont think it matters how big a game bo has as long as GC functions as a team like last weeks game. Shout out to Nick bockoven who stepped up with two touchdowns last week and what about that offensive line simply amazing to watch them play.

Watch out for the bobcats Lipscomb is on their mind and i dont think Page can stop them from getting back to them.

Ok lets get things straight. It doesnt matter how much of the offense neel has accounted for his numbers still arent bo's and maybe he is just a uhm for lack of better words "dealing with his situation a little differently". and as far as bo's touchdown numbers why does it matter if tobias has more he is a beast in his own right and really shouldnt be compared to the quarterback. a runningback traditionally should run more and have more yards. Last i checked football was a team sport not a quarterback sport and i really dont think it matters how big a game bo has as long as GC functions as a team like last weeks game. Shout out to Nick bockoven who stepped up with two touchdowns last week and what about that offensive line simply amazing to watch them play.

Watch out for the bobcats Lipscomb is on their mind and i dont think Page can stop them from getting back to them.

Lipscomb should not be on their minds untill the time comes. If they are then Page will pull this one off. Giles needs to worry about Page this week and then if Lipscomb should win and Giles should win then they can worry about the Mustangs next week. You cant look any farther than what is right in front of you at this point in the season.

No....let's get things straight the right way. Bo is awesome........but Neel is much more valuable to his team because of all the roles he has to play. Does Bo play LB 100% of the time....no!!!...but that does not diminish what he does for GC.

"Dealing with his situation differently".....what the heck is that supposed to mean? Is he stricken with an illness or does he have more power than a speeding locomotive or did he get a bad haircut ?????

I do like your comment that Lipscomb is on your mind...playing Lipscomb was on Southside's mind as well

Page winning would not be a huge upset in my opinion. They have been the most improved team in the region the last two years. If they continue to show that improvement in game 12 this year... they will win this game.

My vote for Coach of the Year in the region is Coach Daniels at Page. David Lipscomb, Giles County, and Marshall County were all expected be in the playoffs. The Page staff prepared well to get that team step it up to the next level.

Nice Region 5 rematch. There is friction between these teams that will make the rematch a dandy I'm sure.

The bad news for Giles Co. is that it is tough to beat a good team twice.

The bad news for Page is that the rematch is on the road and Bo Wallace is not Giles County's only weapon.

Help me out on this one, guys...what was the trouble with the buses and the coaches? I watched as the Page coach didn't shake hands with our coaches...why?

I know that Giles is a good team and they have alot of weapons, but so does Page and they are playing GREAT football, I look for this game to become a low scoring war Page 17 Giles 14

Page wins it in a HUGE upset

Good luck to both teams with no injuries

Dude! I don't know what your smokin but I want some of it.

No way Page keeps Giles under 30, heck Page will score 21. If Giles can get as balanced attack going this week as they did last it could get ugly. I think Page hates playing here and that will work against them.

Help me out on this one, guys...what was the trouble with the buses and the coaches? I watched as the Page coach didn't shake hands with our coaches...why?

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! Shake the Page bus!

If it would have happened to Giles Co we would have never admitted it and laughed it off. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dude! I don't know what your smokin but I want some of it.

No way Page keeps Giles under 30, heck Page will score 21. If Giles can get as balanced attack going this week as they did last it could get ugly. I think Page hates playing here and that will work against them.

I think it will be a low scoring game I may be wrong, but if you think Page has an issue playing there your way out of wack, they are looking forward to seeing Giles twice in one year on thier home field. Im pretty confident the second go around wont end up like the first.

I gotta feeling the ol Bobcats get tamed come Friday night!!!!! At home!!!!!

I think it will be a low scoring game I may be wrong, but if you think Page has an issue playing there your way out of wack, they are looking forward to seeing Giles twice in one year on thier home field. Im pretty confident the second go around wont end up like the first.

I gotta feeling the ol Bobcats get tamed come Friday night!!!!! At home!!!!!

This will be Pages 7th road trip in 9 weeks. Its works on a team. If its a place they have had a lot of success it can be a good thing. It won't be easy for them.

That feeling you got is probably some bad chinese food /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />