Page vs. Giles County

timeflies

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Region 5 rematch. There is friction between these teams that will make the rematch a dandy I'm sure.

The bad news for Giles Co. is that it is tough to beat a good team twice.

The bad news for Page is that the rematch is on the road and Bo Wallace is not Giles County's only weapon.

You make a point about beating a good time twice that I've said several times. I wonder if anybody has done any record keeping on these rematches from the regular season because the same scenario is playing out all over the state in the second round. It' seems to be the short-coming of how our postseason is set up . . . or is it? I wonder.

You mean the news about Jackie Smith coming back is not accurate? C'mon guys.....give us a break. When I think of the energy that he would bring to the team.....welllll. I am just disappointed.....just bring him back on the sideline and let us see him for the first half

I will rechannel my thoughts. Bo is the key. Don't tell me that GC will beat us if Bo plays a very lousy game on both sides.....not likely but you never know. The Page Defense is improving every week. Even though they appear to be manhandle at times, they overcome that with swarming to the ball. I hope GC uses the Grind it out approach like they did against DL.

I don't know about rematch records. I do know that playing a Jack Daniels coached team twice in the same season is no picnic and you can check on that.

This should be a great rematch! This has turned in to a good rivalry. It would be nice to see the coaches from both sides of the field congradulate each other win or lose after the game friday night. Let your egos aisde and show the kids what true sportsmanship and fellowship is. Bulldog, i realize your take on this but both teams are at fault when it come to this issue.

This should be a great rematch! This has turned in to a good rivalry. It would be nice to see the coaches from both sides of the field congradulate each other win or lose after the game friday night. Let your egos aisde and show the kids what true sportsmanship and fellowship is. Bulldog, i realize your take on this but both teams are at fault when it come to this issue.

My take on what???????? I simply have an issue with the coach....I think the team is awesome. That won't change. You can't treat a gentleman like Daniels the way he was treated and expect him to simply ignore it. I think better supervision at the buses is necessary but that has been an issue with other teams for a while. I don't want to hear any more issues from that and let's just play the game. All this other drama needs to take a back seat to the the GAME.

Just to clarify...the "pit" was my observation of the stadium. There is no official designation. We have our own pit.

Now on to more important things. Can Page stop Bo?....will Bo finally have a sub par game?.....Bo is the key!!! I know that there are other prime players for GC but the key is slowing down BO

I like Page's chances if they play disciplined and stay away from mistakes and the stupid penalties from last time.

Winner gets DL...now that is a nice prize.

Word is that you guys are bringing Coach Jackie Smith out of retirement just for this one game.

Bulldog and I don't agree on many things very often, but I agree with him that Bo is the key in this game. He reminds of Lipscomb's Matt Elrod in the past, he can take his team on his shoulder. This game should be considered one of the more intriguing games in week two of the playoffs. I would like to see this game but not until after eating at the Hickory House. As for Coach Jackie Smith, perhaps he could ride in on his tractor and park it next to one of the concession stands.

My take on what???????? I simply have an issue with the coach....I think the team is awesome. That won't change. You can't treat a gentleman like Daniels the way he was treated and expect him to simply ignore it. I think better supervision at the buses is necessary but that has been an issue with other teams for a while. I don't want to hear any more issues from that and let's just play the game. All this other drama needs to take a back seat to the the GAME.

When the bus starts shaking about 10pm friday night you need to be there to assure the boys everything will be allright. You can tell them there season is over and they won't get the shakes for nearly another year /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Really dog. Lay off the coaches. They have done a superb job for the Giles County program!

When the bus starts shaking about 10pm friday night you need to be there to assure the boys everything will be allright. You can tell them there season is over and they won't get the shakes for nearly another year /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Really dog. Lay off the coaches. They have done a superb job for the Giles County program!

I guess what I said run in one ear and out the other. I doubt anyone can change how I feel about the coach....not coaches...don't put a spin on it.....and hopefully there would be enough supervision to stop any further nonsense.

Your overconfidence is duly noted concerning the bus shaking

Now I ask again ...can we talk about the game and possible matchups or do you really want to go to NO MAN"S LAND with me?

The key is BO....he makes it go!!!!

I guess what I said run in one ear and out the other. I doubt anyone can change how I feel about the coach....not coaches...don't put a spin on it.....and hopefully there would be enough supervision to stop any further nonsense.

Your overconfidence is duly noted concerning the bus shaking

Now I ask again ...can we talk about the game and possible matchups or do you really want to go to NO MAN"S LAND with me?

The key is BO....he makes it go!!!!

Where is "NO MAN'S LAND"? Sounds like an interesting place.