(2nd Round) Franklin Rebels vs. Hendersonvile Commandos

huskergymnast33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats mean squat. All you Franklin supporters have been reading the Centennial threads too long. If stats make the better team, why play the game? Just show up with your book of stats and let the accountants figure out who wins, right? Wrong. It's settled on the field, no excuses. All we've been hearing since that game is that Brentwood got lucky, if only there weren't so many penalties, or turnovers, etc., etc. etc.

ok... now dont start being an idiot please. stats, why do they even use stats? BECAUSE they are a great ASSESSMENT tool. coaches, tv announcers, and newspapers all thrive off of them and to say stats mean squat is just ignornance. I will agree that stats dont make a game but they show how a team is performing, show how they did the last game and really looking at the end of the game without knowning the score GENERALLY you can tell who won the game if you read them correctly.

Your right all you've been hearing is if there werent as many penalties or turnovers if would have been a different game with Brentwood. Those statements are correct... those are too big facits of the game and you get those taken care of it usually changes the game for anybody. use your head

hey H-ville. hope you guys do great and play your best night of football .....and to the H-ville offensive linemen make sure you guys set the tone and punish franlins d linemen..

I believe this group will decide the game. Franklin has a great offense and great defense. For Hville to win they have to be able to run the ball and keep it away from the rebels.

Let me get this right, this is the HHS-Franklin thread I believe. Let's see HHS has 1 loss to Beech who lost to White House who lost to Alcoa whose only lost is to Maryville, so Maryville beat HHS. Franklins only loss is to Brentwood whose only loss is to Ravenwood who lost last week to HHS. WOW. All in fun just wanted to type that stuff in here.

Seriously, Franklin is really really good, but dont count out the Commandos, they are a pretty good team themselves. I think if HHS is able to successfully run the ball they win, if not Franklin wins. Can the Commandos line wear down Franklin or does Franklin wear down the Commandos. If it is within 1 score either way about halfway through the 3rd Qtr I think the commandos will win.

The stats question, I dont think HHS has beat any of the good teams they have played statistically but 1 stat that doesnt show up is the hidden yardage, HHS holds there own here. As for Yazzie, no he is not 6'4" 215 running a 4.4 but he is a heck of a player with a big heart and fundamentally sound that is what makes him special and this group of commandos has no quit in them and they have heart and character, that makes up for a lot in High school football.

With all this , I really think it will be a close game, probably come down to the fourth qtr drive for one of them. Franklin travel safe and get ready for a rocking stadium I know you guys will bring a big crowd and I fully expect the same type of atmosphere as last friday night in Commando Country.

Good luck to both teams. Prediction (biased) HHS 20 - Franklin 17 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm liking our chances already. Just the way teams usually get beat by teams with "less talent"(hahahaha- I don't believe that for a second) The Superior Team comes in overconfident or looking past a team to get to another and BAM! SMASH! POW! they get it handed to them. Time and time again it happens ask Florida or Michigan(last year) and so many more. Maybe that's what happened in the first Franklin-Brentwood, every other excuse has been used except the weather, must have been really great weather.

All year long Hendersonville has played one game at a time with a very workman like attitude, and that will not change this week. The game is won with superior preparation and execution on Game DAY. both of which the Commandos will bring to the game.

Maybe all the Franklin parents, Alum and maybe players who are posting here now will have their team ready to play Brentwood this week and maybe we can Win again and move on and watch the Franklin-Brentwood rematch. no wait that wouldn't work will it.

GO COMMANDOS. ANOTHER WEEK, PREPARE-FOCUS-EXECUTE, That's how the job is done.

Sorry the week at a time we underdog ( you were not that last week ) and the franklin overlooki us will not go this week franklin will not o erlook ans if they do blink they hav e the advantage on all sides of tje ball and can get away with it . As much as I admire ur team and our debates I think your season ends friday

Sorry the week at a time we underdog ( you were not that last week ) and the franklin overlooki us will not go this week franklin will not o erlook ans if they do blink they hav e the advantage on all sides of tje ball and can get away with it . As much as I admire ur team and our debates I think your season ends friday

must be on the blackberry juice again. I think you're saying we can't play the underdog card this week. We know we have a great team. Everyone else on this thread semm to be planning some sort of rematch in Williamson Co. So all I'm saying is go ahead overlook us because it has been done before and we sorta like it.

It will take a near perfect game with some breaks going our way but we will bring the "a" game and fight till the end.

I am pretty sure you predict us to lose every single week. What team do you root for exactly, or are you just anti-Sumner County? Yeah, this is already getting pretty annoying seeing all this Brentwood-Franklin rematch nonsense. Hey Franklin, you still have to come to Hendersonville and win a football game, and to all the real Franklin fans out there ya'l know that is easier said than done.

i dk who goldendome is but dude u run ur mouth way to much u just need to stick ur foot in ur mouth and shut up cuz i think u just say watever comes out ur butt......wich aint good...................and like i said last week.......there is the old lsu sayin "fear the hat"........HATFIELD AND THE COMMANDOS GET IT DONE THIS WEEK ALONG WIT THE GREAT OUTSTANDING COMMANDO CRAZIE.....FRANKLIN HASNT FACED A CROWD LIKE THIS ALL YEAR LONG.....HHS CROWD WILL BE A FACTOR

i dk who goldendome is but dude u run ur mouth way to much u just need to stick ur foot in ur mouth and shut up cuz i think u just say watever comes out ur butt......wich aint good...................and like i said last week.......there is the old lsu sayin "fear the hat"........HATFIELD AND THE COMMANDOS GET IT DONE THIS WEEK ALONG WIT THE GREAT OUTSTANDING COMMANDO CRAZIE.....FRANKLIN HASNT FACED A CROWD LIKE THIS ALL YEAR LONG.....HHS CROWD WILL BE A FACTOR

Can I get a translator for this nonsense?

The key to this game will be franklins defense vs. h-villes wing -t

Two years ago Franklin was the #1 seed, had one of the best defenses in the state and got all they want from the wing-t. This years defense is not up to par as previous years so running the wing-t is an advantage for h-ville. If franklin can keep the h-ville offense off the field they will be traveling to brentwood next week.