Jo Byrns vs. Wayne County

CPR4u

Both matchups will be tough this week. I expect both home teams to be very slight favorites when the Big Ones contest voting is final Friday. I wish ya'll had made a poll at the top of this thread just to see how the voting went.

I agree I miss the poll. I filled out my big one ballot early this morning and Jo Byrns had the advantage but I don't think that it will hold up for the week as more people vote. CPR probably didn't know how to set up the poll. I haven't figured out how to do it either. I wonder if anyone would be mad if we started a new one to have the poll? We could just close the other one? What do you think?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I would like a piece of that. I'm still mad as heck over that game. I may be small but I'm mean. We have however one itsy bitsy thing to take care of first. Wayne County can not be overlooked they will be defending their home turf but as others have learned we are as tough away as we are at home. Our players aren't afraid of a little bus ride and the trip to Waynesboro is great I look forward to coming to visit it again. The people of Waynesboro are very friendly.

I know first hand as a player that the bus ride can be horrible. I would recommend the following...leave @ lunch, drive down to say Franklin and stop and eat a good meal. Get back on the bus and drive the rest of the way. The first part of the bus trip should be fun and the last hour or so should be serious. It's way too long of a bus ride to be serious the whole time. We need to get down there about 2 hrs before the game. It would be even nicer if the bus had televisions and the players could watch a football movie on the way down. Anything to break up the trip...it can be draining.

I agree I miss the poll. I filled out my big one ballot early this morning and Jo Byrns had the advantage but I don't think that it will hold up for the week as more people vote. CPR probably didn't know how to set up the poll. I haven't figured out how to do it either. I wonder if anyone would be mad if we started a new one to have the poll? We could just close the other one? What do you think?

Poll : The winner will be.

Jo Byrns - 10,000

WC - 3

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know first hand as a player that the bus ride can be horrible. I would recommend the following...leave @ lunch, drive down to say Franklin and stop and eat a good meal. Get back on the bus and drive the rest of the way. The first part of the bus trip should be fun and the last hour or so should be serious. It's way too long of a bus ride to be serious the whole time. We need to get down there about 2 hrs before the game. It would be even nicer if the bus had televisions and the players could watch a football movie on the way down. Anything to break up the trip...it can be draining.

Now Moto I know exactly how terrible a trip that is going to be. I was trying to blow a little smoke.

CPR can still add a poll to this thread. He simply has to go to his first post and click on full edit button. From there he can click on "manage Poll" and it is pretty simple from there.

no there isnt , i just went to google maps and the way they would send you would be pretty good till the natchez trace part that would be slow slow slow

Yes I looked that way also. I used to drive to Waynesboro for work occassionally and I went the Trace once just to try and I know what you mean about slow. I was looking at 13 and that actually looks like a promising way to come for those of us on the western side of the school district. What is that route like since you guys came that way when you played us?

the northern part of that route is not bad, but once you get south of waverly it starts getting really curvy , i mean really curvy , actually if you go just like you are going to mtp waynesboro is only 40 min from mtp going that way , you just keep going past mtp on hwy 43 then you turn right on hwy 20 ( next to a sonic ) once through summertown there will be a road that just veers off to the left(store in middle of road) take that left it is hwy 240 which will dead end at hwy 64 take a right there and its 15 min to waynesboro. thats the way i went to jo byrns last time i went , first time i went 13 and it seemed like it took forever that way

the northern part of that route is not bad, but once you get south of waverly it starts getting really curvy , i mean really curvy , actually if you go just like you are going to mtp waynesboro is only 40 min from mtp going that way , you just keep going past mtp on hwy 43 then you turn right on hwy 240 ( next to a sonic ) which will dead end at hwy 64 take a right there and its 15 min to waynesboro. thats the way i went to jo byrns last time i went , first time i went 13 and it seemed like it took forever that way

That actually sounds good. I wonder sometimes what they were thinking when they paved some of these back roads so curvy bad on the brakes bad on gas and slow slow and slow.