Jo Byrns vs. Wayne County

CPR4u

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cpr is right on. we were very vanilla a few years back. the reason for that was we did not have the talent at qb to open it up. we had big lineman, a good back, and a decent running qb but the passing game was just not there. we didn't have the team speed to run around people or trick them so we did the best we could.

where i disagree with him is the fact that if you are good at what you do, you don't have to trick someone. ohio state and southern cal are pretty darn good year in and year out with the two most vanilla offenses in college. neither team relies on trick plays nor do they hardly ever run anything out of their normal offensive sets. southern cal actually runs literally about five different pass plays and 5 different run plays. their alignments are different with different motions but the plays are basically the same.

jb was more talented than us in those years and they made the plays instead of us. our offense is now much more balanced with a great qb and two good backs. we take more chances now because of our ability to pass but were still gonna do what we do best and that is try to establish the running game. i would say that the talent level for the cats across the board is much higher this year than it was the last 2 times wc and jb met. we are young at the skill positions but very good there. this should be a very good game.

cpr is right on. we were very vanilla a few years back. the reason for that was we did not have the talent at qb to open it up. we had big lineman, a good back, and a decent running qb but the passing game was just not there. we didn't have the team speed to run around people or trick them so we did the best we could.

where i disagree with him is the fact that if you are good at what you do, you don't have to trick someone. ohio state and southern cal are pretty darn good year in and year out with the two most vanilla offenses in college. neither team relies on trick plays nor do they hardly ever run anything out of their normal offensive sets. southern cal actually runs literally about five different pass plays and 5 different run plays. their alignments are different with different motions but the plays are basically the same.

jb was more talented than us in those years and they made the plays instead of us. our offense is now much more balanced with a great qb and two good backs. we take more chances now because of our ability to pass but were still gonna do what we do best and that is try to establish the running game. i would say that the talent level for the cats across the board is much higher this year than it was the last 2 times wc and jb met. we are young at the skill positions but very good there. this should be a very good game.

good post ,,,i remeber meeting the young qb last yr and i picked yall to win the region this yr that night and he seem like a fine young man that night so,, i expect a super good game just wanna see how he react's to jbs pressure

good post! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

good post ,,,i remeber meeting the young qb last yr and i picked yall to win the region this yr that night and he seem like a fine young man that night so,, i expect a super good game just wanna see how he react's to jbs pressure

shouldnt be any different thats wat every team we've had success with this year has done start bringin everybody......no doubt jo byrns defense is better than most....but he's matured alot over this last year.....can't wait till friday