Region 3 3A swept again.

WreckingCrew

There's no sense in padding your schedule with patsies for out of region. At least for Greenbrier, I know we've played teams like Ft. Campbell, Beech, Marshall Cty, David Lipscomb, Pope John Paul to name a few. You may suffer some losses but your team is much more prepared for the region run.

Good post. Region 3 needs to pick up some Knoxville with some players that are being recruited. It appears Greenbrier has gone up against players that play on tv on Saturdays now, like Austin Rogers (David Lipscomb) and Golden Tate (Notre Dame). Schedule strength is the deal. Train against better teams to survive in the playoffs. Unforunately 3 3A never gets past one and done.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey southeastern like the big 10? you mean like michigan who lost to appy state but knocked out florida who beats inbred tennessee every year? or penn state who blew tennessee off the field twice. that big 10? or are you referring to ohio state who chokes every year.

jordan jackson would have made a difference

he did, he disrupted the team this year and last year.

That's a 9 team region so there isn't much room on the schedule. Sometimes the rivalry/money games outside the region might not be the strongest but have to be played. Howard played Tyner which is usually good, McMinn Central played Loudon. I'm still not sure why Central no longer plays McMinn County in the regular season, that had to be a huge money game.

Good post. Region 3 needs to pick up some Knoxville with some players that are being recruited. It appears Greenbrier has gone up against players that play on tv on Saturdays now, like Austin Rogers (David Lipscomb) and Golden Tate (Notre Dame). Schedule strength is the deal. Train against better teams to survive in the playoffs. Unforunately 3 3A never gets past one and done.

Many people have forgotten Central tried to see better teams this year by playing McMinn in the spring and Alcoa, So Pittsburg, and Coffee Co in the preseason scrimmages. They went 3-1 against these teams. I think over confidence was a problem after that success and being 9 -0 before the Howard game. There were still some ego issues on this team that will graduate this year. I am looking forward to next year already.

Many people have forgotten Central tried to see better teams this year by playing McMinn in the spring and Alcoa, So Pittsburg, and Coffee Co in the preseason scrimmages. They went 3-1 against these teams. I think over confidence was a problem after that success and being 9 -0 before the Howard game. There were still some ego issues on this team that will graduate this year. I am looking forward to next year already.

you hit the nail on the head!!!!!

McMinn Central should of and could of won last night. Inspite of a couple bad calls, inspite of a couple players off the team, inspite of one player loosing self control....they still should of could of won. Where I personally think it was loss was in the third quarter. No maybe even just before the half. When Central's kicker should of hit the field goal. They would of gone into the locker room with a 3 point lead. But everybody has a bad play once. But in the third quarter the offense was 4th and 4 and later 4th and 5. And instead of taking full advantage of a strong leg kicker the coach opt to go for it. One turned into an interception, one just turned the ball over on downs. The opportunity to get 3 points in better than no points. That hurts the mental play of the game. Defense did fantastic, but to fight and fight and the offense leave without points....weakness a defense by the 4th quarter.

Yet, inspite of the loss, the Chargers played a good game. Much improved from the Howard game. Go chargers!!! Looking forward to next season. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

There were no bad calls and it seems to me you are agreeing that the coaching is not as good in region 3. I agree because they did not get the ball to no. 7 enough. But blame your coaches first not so called bad calls. Dekalb scored 28 points Mcminn scored 14 no bad calls lots of mistakes by your team. We just beat u!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do the schools from 4-3A have middle school football? Do they have enough numbers to play a freshman schedule? I know there is a middle school leaque in Chattanooga, Rhea County has three middle school football teams and South Pitt has middle school football. In Polk, Monroe, Meigs and McMinn counties there are no real middle school teams. All the kids play in either the Sequoyah Conference or McMinn-Meigs recreational leaques. I am not sure if there would be a difference or not. I know Grundy and Norte Dame have middle school football too. Would like to hear some discussion on this subject.

Do the schools from 4-3A have middle school football? Do they have enough numbers to play a freshman schedule? I know there is a middle school leaque in Chattanooga, Rhea County has three middle school football teams and South Pitt has middle school football. In Polk, Monroe, Meigs and McMinn counties there are no real middle school teams. All the kids play in either the Sequoyah Conference or McMinn-Meigs recreational leaques. I am not sure if there would be a difference or not. I know Grundy and Norte Dame have middle school football too. Would like to hear some discussion on this subject.

Almost every middle school in middle Tn has a football team i thought all schools around the state did?

In White House, we have enough boys to field 2 jr pro divisions. We also have a middle school team, a freshman team (they have their own coaches and schedule). Our JV team plays as many JV games as they can get scheduled. These are on Monday nights. Many of our seniors both last year and this year have been playing football together since they were 6 or 7 years old.

While I think it was good to scrimmage these type of teams, a scrimmage is a far cry from a real game. I know for a fact that Alcoa had eight (8) starters not playing against Central in their scrimmage. I'm sure Central had some startes out, too, in that scrimmage......as well as the other teams Central scrimmaged against. Although a good experience for the guys who participated in the scrimmages, and for the coaches to evaluate, it still wasn't a game with all the startes in there. Schedule some of these teams DURING the season, when it counts, and that will help the team see how competitive teams like the ones they'll see in the playoffs.

No doubt there were some ego issues on this Central team, and at least one of the two dismissed from the team at midseason was the very one I predicted wouldn't make it the full season. I know Brandon wanted to give this particular young man a chance to excel, where he probably would have had many scholarship offers and a chance in life. But nooooo, this player thought he was bigger than the team and had to have things done his way. What a waste of tremendous talent, as well as the opportunity to turn his life around with a college education. Who knows where his athletic skills may have taken him, also! Sad to say, but he'll probably end up hanging around the wrong people again and getting into trouble again.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and I suspect that Brandon is learning more and more each with each problem child he has, and how he must remove the cancers from the team sooner.