2nd Round Millington vs Whitestation

Millington players thanks for the exciting football season... Hold your heads up..

I hate to say it...but i think Millington needs to get new coaching... I like Hawkins but it seems the same plays are run over and over even though there getting shut down. You have to mix things up run diff sets keep the other team thinking... 1 thing is practice more passing.. Bragg seemed to throw the ball pretty dang good only if he were to throw the ball more in the game ... Doesnt have to be long passes keep them short slant or sideline shots. The defense was getting ate up by #1 up the middle with the same play over and over again... Change the def up... I just hate seeing a team with all the talent Millington has just not use it.. There is all kinds of things i want to say and i really cant think of what i want to say... Well next yr Millington has a very good chance to run the board again but coach hawkins needs to work on new sets on both sides of the ball dont be affraid to try things. I would work on alot of passing and the only way to get better is what? Practice passing... Get your qb and recievers timing down and do it over and over ......Millington alrdy has the ground game but change it up have both.. Where you can use it anytime several times during the game. Dont just run the wingT... Again i like ya Hank but try different things it will help more than hurt.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the six years (i know its not long) I've watched Millington this was one of the worst called games I've seen. We ran the same play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. AND over. Its 3rd and 15, we run the ball. Really? Bragg can throw the ball. He may not be Brett Farve, but atleast he can throw. We might as well have gave them our playbook, which consisted of about 5 plays.... I know Millington is better then that. We all know it. White Station even knows it. Against Collierville, we ran to the right side of the field 98% of the time. Tonight, we ran up the middle almost every single time. This game was poorly coached. #1 ran up the middle every time, and he prolly ran for 130+. Where was the defense? We didnt hit the qb once! All he would do was hand it off to #1 and poof there he goes. Why? Everyone rushed the qb. I feel bad for the guys because they were the better team. They should have won. They know it too.

Congratulations White Station! Heck of a Gameplan last night. Your staff obviously had a great game-plan and stuck to it.! Brandon Moore (#1) is a huge weapon. He had 190 yards and 2 TD's last night. Very impressive. Just as impressive on defense was Fred Harvey (#44). He will be playing on Saturday's in a couple of years!. Good luck Next week vs Germantown. Looks like Ya'll will get to pick where the game is played.....

SpartanFan... It was nice to meet you. I hate that you had to be out in th elements taking pictures. But, with the big win, I am sure the weather was perfect!

Congratulations MILLINGTON!.... Another GREAT year!! I thought we played extremely HARD and that the gameplan was fine. Coach Hawkins is taking a ton of heat by the previous two posters, But I feel it is undeserving. WhiteStation just deserves credit. They limited our ability to bust the big play. In order for Millington to be able to do the things that they want to do, they need to break a big play or two. They did not. Infact, there was only 3 plays all night that went for 20 or more yards. (Tausean's 21 yard TD run, Tauseans 39 yard Reception, and Mario Harwell's 20 yard run.)

One thing that stood out to me last night was that our offensive and defensive lines were pushed around pretty good. We need to hit the weight room hot and heavy in offseason conditioning. In our last 3 losses (Woodale 06, Independence 07, and White Station 08) we have been convincingly domintated in the trenches. Our running game didn't have a chance last night because our our O-line couldn't fend off the Spartan defenders. Much the same on the other side of the ball, Brandon Moore was able have such success, because our D-line was owned by the Spartan O-line.

This should prove to be extra incentive for the Trojans to have a GREAT Offseason. There is plenty of talent returning to make another run at a State Title. However, there are key positons to be filled. QB and K chief among them.

GO TROJANS!!

Congratulations White Station! Heck of a Gameplan last night. Your staff obviously had a great game-plan and stuck to it.! Brandon Moore (#1) is a huge weapon. He had 190 yards and 2 TD's last night. Very impressive. Just as impressive on defense was Fred Harvey (#44). He will be playing on Saturday's in a couple of years!. Good luck Next week vs Germantown. Looks like Ya'll will get to pick where the game is played.....

SpartanFan... It was nice to meet you. I hate that you had to be out in th elements taking pictures. But, with the big win, I am sure the weather was perfect!

Congratulations MILLINGTON!.... Another GREAT year!! I thought we played extremely HARD and that the gameplan was fine. Coach Hawkins is taking a ton of heat by the previous two posters, But I feel it is undeserving. WhiteStation just deserves credit. They limited our ability to bust the big play. In order for Millington to be able to do the things that they want to do, they need to break a big play or two. They did not. Infact, there was only 3 plays all night that went for 20 or more yards. (Tausean's 21 yard TD run, Tauseans 39 yard Reception, and Mario Harwell's 20 yard run.)

One thing that stood out to me last night was that our offensive and defensive lines were pushed around pretty good. We need to hit the weight room hot and heavy in offseason conditioning. In our last 3 losses (Woodale 06, Independence 07, and White Station 08) we have been convincingly domintated in the trenches. Our running game didn't have a chance last night because our our O-line couldn't fend off the Spartan defenders. Much the same on the other side of the ball, Brandon Moore was able have such success, because our D-line was owned by the Spartan O-line.

This should prove to be extra incentive for the Trojans to have a GREAT Offseason. There is plenty of talent returning to make another run at a State Title. However, there are key positons to be filled. QB and K chief among them.

GO TROJANS!!

I agree to disagree on several of your comments above. The players played hard and should be proud of another undefeated Region Championship season but are/should be disappointed they lost to White Station.

I agree to disagree on several of your comments above. The players played hard and should be proud of another undefeated Region Championship season but are/should be disappointed they lost to White Station.

I second cam6, I agree and disagree with some of what you said. I do not think our kids believe they had a great season, as a matter of fact I know they Do Not. This group of kids are hard working and extremely dedicated, and they want to be pushed to success. WE just need to help them. There is no reason to publicly critisize our players or coaches we know what is wrong I would challenge al of us involved to pick it up a notch and help these kids meet their goals.

Trojans stay motovated and go get it next year. Next years team will be better than this years. The seniors and juniors next year have only lost twice in a combined three years.

Coaches open the weight room and clear the track the boys are ready to work. Work Them.

GO TROJANS!!

It was good to meet you Rob (and Mark). I enjoy being able to put a face to a name on the message board.

I was concerned with the affect the weather could have on the game, but thankfully the wind calmed down and the rain we had was rarely more than a sprinkle. And with the excitement of the game, it was a non-factor.

I'm also grateful to Millington for doing a fine job hosting the game. The facilties and hospitality are great! Even though we got hammered by Millington in '07, I came away appreciative of the way we were treated.

It's tough any time a team loses in situations such as playoffs. There's simply no next week to redeem yourself. All the effort of an off season and the regular season games come down to playoff football. And this is how so many people judge us. ("us" being anyone associated with a given football program)

Millington got to 11-0, defeated some quality opponents along the way. They used a powerful running attack and a strong defense to get the job done. They will always look back to this season with pride of what they accomplished, and can even use this loss as guidance in handling things that come up in their lives as adults. I think they laid it all out there, so there should be no regrets.

I watched the game last year between Millinton and Indy (after you thumped us, I wanted to support your efforts to go further). I saw the same thing then that I saw last night. Primarily in the 2nd half of both games, your linemen, offense and defense, began to loose the battle in the trenches. It looks like the conditioning is lacking and they get tired before the opponent does. I think you hit it spot on to us this as motivation to do the work in the offseason for better conditioning.

Congratulations to both teams. As a Spartan fan, of course I am happy we won ( last years' game was a tough one , especially as my son was a graduating senior then ) . But hats off to the Trojans, another great year. After our game last year we were pulling for Millington to win it all. I hope some of you will consider coming out to watch us play the Red Devils, or at least pray for some good weather, no injuries, and a WSHS victory .

In the six years (i know its not long) I've watched Millington this was one of the worst called games I've seen. We ran the same play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. AND over. Its 3rd and 15, we run the ball. Really? Bragg can throw the ball. He may not be Brett Farve, but atleast he can throw. We might as well have gave them our playbook, which consisted of about 5 plays.... I know Millington is better then that. We all know it. White Station even knows it. Against Collierville, we ran to the right side of the field 98% of the time. Tonight, we ran up the middle almost every single time. This game was poorly coached. #1 ran up the middle every time, and he prolly ran for 130+. Where was the defense? We didnt hit the qb once! All he would do was hand it off to #1 and poof there he goes. Why? Everyone rushed the qb. I feel bad for the guys because they were the better team. They should have won. They know it too.

I know alot of what you are saying is simply frustration from losing a game you thought you should have won. It's easy to critique the coaches decisions when things aren't working. But consider this, if you will. Your head coach guided this team to 11-0 this year. He has used certain tools to do so. He studies films of the opponents, comes up with a game plan he believes in, and has one week to get his team set up to play that game. So through 11-0 he does the job. He loses one game and becomes the scapegoat? The opposing team doesn't deserve credit for their efforts? You think if the Trojans could have gained 200 plus yards passing that their coach wouldn't have gone to a passing game? You believe if he felt he could gain more yards running left than up the middle that he wouldn't have done that?

Do you realize how difficult it would be to change your game plan in the middle of a game, and have success doing that? You have to revise blocking schemes, re-establish different running lanes, etc. It takes a week of practice to prepare for the proper execution of the game plan you have. You can't simply change your mind in a game. Also, other than one long pass play, your passing game was in-effective last night. It takes alot of off season work, and continued fine tuning during a season to establish a credible passing attack. You don't just decide to draw it up in the dirt and have it become effective.

I think you need to give your coach and players some credit for getting to this level of performance. There's countless teams that would love to be 11-1 and had the opportunity to play in the playoffs. I think you can be assured your coaches did everything they felt they could do to win this game. The players laid it all out there too. They know it's a win and play again, lose and go home situation.

Give your guys the credit they deserve for playing their hearts out. I didn't see any quit in them. I also saw the disappointment after the game that comes with losing a game that your tried so hard to win. You might also consider giving WS some credit, because last night they were the better team. We had 3-4 guys get pretty banged up (including #1 and #4) yet they went back in for more. Therer was no 'quit' in either of these teams. Perhaps the fans can learn something from the players?

Congratulations to both teams. As a Spartan fan, of course I am happy we won ( last years' game was a tough one , especially as my son was a graduating senior then ) . But hats off to the Trojans, another great year. After our game last year we were pulling for Millington to win it all. I hope some of you will consider coming out to watch us play the Red Devils, or at least pray for some good weather, no injuries, and a WSHS victory .

Hi stranger! We had some of the players from last year show up. Good to see them supporting this years team. They always have some good advice to pass on. One of them told my son to really appreciate these moments. He said when you're in the moment, you don't always appreciate it until it's over.

Coaches call the plays but they have all season to prepare to change things up and good coaches do that... If something isnt working you change it up and not keep doing the same thing... The players did what they were taught to do and they did the best they could last night. But they were getting shut down so the coaching staff needed to make changes on both sides of the field which they didnt. That same running play WS ran with Hayes up the middle killed Miilington every time.. Matter of fact WS ran it a few times in a row if im not mistaken and it gained them tons of yard for numerous 1st downs. Well that right there should tell the Def coaches to change something up... But didnt. I know i can say all this and soo on but its the truth some changes need to be made or taught. Try new things.