JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

Better check your stats. They have run the ball effectively all year and that includes against Milan. Last night they were 1 for 2 with a td. Now thats a passing game! This team is hot right now, there is no denying that fact. Their defense is playing much better. But the best thing......almost everyone will be back next year. And as far as living on past accomplishments....well, we're all doing that aren't we? Oh yes, and my understanding is that we will continue to play....even if you are 3A.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the past, but this is 2008 and the Stangs can't throw the ball sucessfully and up until last night couldn't run it on a consistient basis. The Mustangs were 5-5 in the regular season and had to get a week 10 win over Adamsville to even qualify for the playoffs. Yes it is a new season but I'm guessing this week will have a different ending than round 1 for you guys. Obviously you are a BIG fan of Swenson. I hope we can continue to play you guys in the regular season but with Huntingdon dropping down to 1A it would seem unlikely.

bulldog fan you must not have gone to the opening game.i believe huntingdon threw the ball pretty well! let's take care of this friday night, then we'll worry about milan!!!

Huntingdon will destroy JCS. Kennon Holder is going to come back and play a very good game again after he played a VERY VERY VERY good game against USJ. USJ's defense couldn't stop Huntingdon's running game (even after they made an adjustment to the defensive line) and I don't think that JCS's defense is going to be able to stop it either.

bulldog fan you must not have gone to the opening game.i believe huntingdon threw the ball pretty well! let's take care of this friday night, then we'll worry about milan!!!

Best I remember he threw it to us almost as many times as his own guys. Don't overlook the Eagles and we'll try to take care of the Chargers and then we can do it one more time.

Huntingdon will destroy JCS. Kennon Holder is going to come back and play a very good game again after he played a VERY VERY VERY good game against USJ. USJ's defense couldn't stop Huntingdon's running game (even after they made an adjustment to the defensive line) and I don't think that JCS's defense is going to be able to stop it either.

Huntingdon will not destroy JCS. Beat them? Maybe but they can't destroy them.

The key to this game will be Huntingdon's defense. JCS has big threats whether running or passing and it will be a huge task to keep them down.

Milan folks, who has played your team the best game this year? I know USJ scored on you but you won going away. Same at JCS. Has anyone caused your team to have to work hard to win this year?

Both USJ and JCS were two of the toughest games of the year. We needed two KO returns to get by you guys and needed to make a 4th Quarter pick to change the tide against the Bruins. I was looking forward to a 2nd round rematch of both you two but I don't guess it was meant to be. Good luck this week against Huntingdon. Don't know if you have ever played there but some strange things can happen in November on that field.

i know you stang fans are excited and outside of my beloved dogs i always root for the stangs because you guys are a well respected tradition rich west tenn program. sorry to say your cinderella journey will end next friday because in my opinion jcs has a much more balanced offense and they can stop the run and with no passing game the stangs will go back to h-town looking forward to a dominating season next year. i will be rooting for ya'll though. good luck and stay healthy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I really don't like being called a fool especially when you have the wrong team listed. I am saying that when you lose 4 posessions due to turnovers and give another team 4 extra posessions than you are not going to win many games. Huntingdon was the better team last night. Would they win if played tonight? Who knows - Who cares, doesn't matter. I'm saying something odd happened at Paul Ward last night because if the Huntingdon team that played in the regular season had showed up last night than it would be basketball time in Mustang country /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just for the record, Huntingdon also turned the ball over 3 times during the game on fumbles so no one can really say Huntingdon only won because of turnovers because we had our share of them as well.

Secondly, teams are never remembered for what they do in the regular season. This isn't college football were you have to go 11-1 or 12-0 to get into the championship game, or the NFL where a team goes undefeated once every thirty years. This is high school football and every year there are teams that go undefeated and lose early in the playoffs. Yes Huntingdon went 5-5 during the regular season and made a lot of mistakes but they have learned a lot about their self from those mistakes and have been able to recover and make it to the playoffs and now everyone that made it has a chance.

And lastly, I would take Huntingdon's QBs arm over any other arm in West TN, it has just taken some time for the offense to start clicking. It took some of the players a little bit longer to learn the offense than was expected but it seems everything is clicking right now and if Huntingdon needs to throw the football I expect them to be able to do it. Not really a reason to when one player is rushing for 503 yards and 6 td's though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Both USJ and JCS were two of the toughest games of the year. We needed two KO returns to get by you guys and needed to make a 4th Quarter pick to change the tide against the Bruins. I was looking forward to a 2nd round rematch of both you two but I don't guess it was meant to be. Good luck this week against Huntingdon. Don't know if you have ever played there but some strange things can happen in November on that field.

We've played baseball and basketball in Huntingdon, but never football, at least in the last 12 years....