JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

from looking at the stats for jcs it looks like qb has several receivers to go to,but has also thrown several ints.#32 johnson provides the ground power. if the mustang defense plays like they did against usj and puts pressure on the qb we should be okay. the"pigskin pals" will be out early and in mass! the mustang faithful may make a difference in this game.

JCS for sure has some good ball players. #32 was very hard to run down, he seemed to be at full speed everytime he took posession of the ball. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldogfan#2... I talked with Coach Swenson last week about dropping down and playing small ball and he said he was hopeful he could beef up the schedule. He said he had spoken with Coach Morris who had worked out something with Humboldt in the scheduling and we would still play the Bulldogs and Camden too.

Yea, I was just having a little fun with some of the Mustang fans. Always a little fun to get under horsehide. Both teams really need to continue playing each other for the gate if nothing else. I'm ptretty sure that has been our biggest gate of the year and I would imagine the same when we play at Paul Ward.

Huntington certainly had an impressive game last week, but you will be playing a very different team Friday. I greatly respect both teams, but will be pulling for Huntington. I have my doubts though. I don't expect Holder to run for 500 yards again. JCS will be focusing on him, so Huntington may have to find a different way to score. A word to JCS though, Paul Ward is haunted.

Guest nwtnsports

A word to JCS though, Paul Ward is haunted.

That makes it sound as if some other "force" made Milan lose there four times in the last five years. Let's just say it's a very tough place for the visitors to play and win, especially in November.

This game should be one of the state's best matchups Friday night. Both teams are, talent-wise, much better than their 6-5 records. Hope the Eagles and Mustangs have a great week of practice and the guys stay healthy.

I've been hearing about the Huntingdon tradition, especially during playoffs, since moving to Jackson over ten years ago. No doubt that the Huntingdon program knows how to win in November.

Whichever team wins will have to play some really good football. Good luck to both teams.

How does the rain for the next couple of days affect each team in practice? JCS has had a dry field for all eleven games this year - has Huntingdon played on a wet field this year? Does a wet field favor either team?

I've been hearing about the Huntingdon tradition, especially during playoffs, since moving to Jackson over ten years ago. No doubt that the Huntingdon program knows how to win in November.

Whichever team wins will have to play some really good football. Good luck to both teams.

How does the rain for the next couple of days affect each team in practice? JCS has had a dry field for all eleven games this year - has Huntingdon played on a wet field this year? Does a wet field favor either team?

i think a wet field goes advantage h town and the runing game again if it comes down to winning on the ground advantage goes to h town and to the people who have said jcs will win big u have never played at paul ward in nov thats woth 7 to 10 points by itself it is hard enough to play there during the regular season but really hard come playoff time so good luck u are going to need it o and another thing u wont run for 205 yard against h town book it

To all the local Huntingdon fans:

I am thinking about coming down to Huntingdon from East Tenn Friday night. Are there any good places to eat there? Anything going on before the game to eat?

yea, we got a place called"MALLARDS" down town.good sit down place to eat. got a couple of bbq joints that are real good. couple of mexican places and the usual fast food. come on down and sit with the PIGSKIN PALS . we're the loudest and most fun fans there!

To all the local Huntingdon fans:

I am thinking about coming down to Huntingdon from East Tenn Friday night. Are there any good places to eat there? Anything going on before the game to eat?

Let me suggest going to the HHS cafeteria located next to Paul Ward Stadium. They are having a fundraiser to raise money for two of the faculty that has serious illness in their respective families. They are having Mustang Stew, drinks,and dessert for $5. The stew has a hamburger base with lots of good vegetables. It's a recipie that the town and school uses for all of its fundraisers.

Concession stand has burgers, hotdogs, nacho cheese chips, coffee , hot chocolate and popcorn... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Sad to say but Shelly has retired from the concession stand after many, many years of loyal service.