JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

Someone please break down Huntingdon's game for those of us who have not seen them play. Obviously they can run Holder, but how? Is it his athleticism or the line play or execution on offense or all the above? Do they pass at all? How will JCS match up? They've shown up against athletic teams this year, though they ended up losing to Milan by a couple of touchdowns.

Here goes my thoughts. JCS will present a much a tougher game plan for the Stangs defense since you guys can and do play with balance. I was impressed in week 7 how you kept our defense on its toes with good play calling. If JCS can find that balance of run/pass it will see sucess to the tune of at least 28-35 points IMO. When Huntingdon has the ball they will run the wing T offense mostly although I heard they ran some power I last night? They didn't have much of a passing game at all at least early in the season. This is generally the time of the year when one dimension offenses go to the house. Last night was a mixture of two teams that were both one dimensional in their offenses. I was surprised by the amount of points that Huntingdon put on the board but that can happen when you benefit from 4 turnovers and execute on offense. I really think JCS can win this game if they have a good night offensively, your run D is much better than what the Stangs saw last night. Should be a good game and good luck to both teams. I hope the winners next game includes an invitation to Milan for a classic quarterfinal matchup /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCS will be a tougher matchup for Huntingdon than was USJ. JCS is much better in defensing the run and a little more diverse on offense. Apparently Huntingdon got in the USJ receivers faces and got physical. I assume this would work again this week but JCS has now seen this on film what will they do to prepare and adjust? As for Huntingdon it's the same thing it has been since the beginning of time. Line up and hit the man in front of you in the mouth. As B2 said it has traditionally been the WingT with Swenson calling the plays. I don't think Holder is as good as Boo Weathers or T Bell was but if he gets behind you no one is going to catch him. If JCS intends to stack the box as USJ did they're gonna need good play out of their safety. Good luck to both teams I hope we get to host one of you next week.

You're right..He is probably looking at the brackets which does say at Huntington but if two teams are in the same region...the top seeded team will play a home no matter what the bracket says.!

Huntingdon and Milan are not in the same Region.

After reading the playoff info, I think ya'll are right. Not sure why they would publish the bracket showing home field though.

Huntingdon and Milan are not in the same Region.

The brackets are set so that even if say Milan was the #1 seed two years in a row. The team from Memphis that is #1 in their region will have a chance of hosting.

Ok - I should have said quadrant instead of region. My mistake. In quadrant's there are no seeds the same, 1 -8. Milan is a #1 seed and will play host every game in the playoffs until they get beat or go to the buro'. Good luck this week with JCS.