Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, maybe Fulmer can help us out with that this year. Since he will have some free time on this hands. If GP could just build a aluminum plant close by, the kids would be lined up to play for us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great stuff CougarBrown. That is a good one! Keep em comming.

I sometimes wonder myself where all of these soccer moms hear about the CoachT forums?

This one looks to be one of the more interesting games out there. Might be worth the trip and price of a ticket to watch!

Haven't seen either in person, but reading over the season of both, it certainly appears to be a toss up game, and of course the old debate "Private vs. Public".

Good luck.....hope to make it there!

This one looks to be one of the more interesting games out there. Might be worth the trip and price of a ticket to watch!

Haven't seen either in person, but reading over the season of both, it certainly appears to be a toss up game, and of course the old debate "Private vs. Public".

Good luck.....hope to make it there!

turfwalker.......It will be worth the price!

This one is going to be a "VERY" hard hitting game. LC home might give them an edge. Would be nice to see LCHS take the next step against them.

GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me again Cougar Brown, how many games did GP LOSE?

It does not matter how many games a team lost during the season. It matters that who is the best prepared, and playing there best going into the playoffs. What is the use of playing a weak schedule if it does not prepare you for victory? I dont know how LC does it, but Goodpasture plays the top teams to get ready for the playoffs. I can name several teams that were "suppose to win" and had great regular season records, but did not make it out of the first round. Im not saying that this is the case for LC, but I am saying that there is something to be said for building a team during the season, and playing anyone - anywhere - anytime!

It does not matter how many games a team lost during the season. It matters that who is the best prepared, and playing there best going into the playoffs. What is the use of playing a weak schedule if it does not prepare you for victory? I dont know how LC does it, but Goodpasture plays the top teams to get ready for the playoffs. I can name several teams that were "suppose to win" and had great regular season records, but did not make it out of the first round. Im not saying that this is the case for LC, but I am saying that there is something to be said for building a team during the season, and playing anyone - anywhere - anytime!

Help me out here alittle, I keep hearing how weak Lewis County's schedule is and how Goodpasture plays the top teams to prepare them for the playoffs but when I look up the schedule strenght for both teams I see that Goodpastures schedule is ranked 2 places below Lewis County's. LC's is 46 and GP's is 48 out of 58 AA schools

Help me out here alittle, I keep hearing how weak Lewis County's schedule is and how Goodpasture plays the top teams to prepare them for the playoffs but when I look up the schedule strenght for both teams I see that Goodpastures schedule is ranked 2 places below Lewis County's. LC's is 46 and GP's is 48 out of 58 AA schools

Ah, Chucky don't worry about it. Every schedule rating system in America could say LC had the toughest schedule in the state and people would say it was still weak. Its a played out reasoning that will continue to get used until LC can prove it can get past the second or third round. If the Panthers want to shut those people up, they are going to have to beat GP and win next week, maybe, or maybe that won't even be enough. Who knows? All LC can and should do is worry about beating Goodpasture, a very good football team that has already earned that respect.

Ah, Chucky don't worry about it. Every schedule rating system in America could say LC had the toughest schedule in the state and people would say it was still weak. Its a played out reasoning that will continue to get used until LC can prove it can get past the second or third round. If the Panthers want to shut those people up, they are going to have to beat GP and win next week, maybe, or maybe that won't even be enough. Who knows? All LC can and should do is worry about beating Goodpasture, a very good football team that has already earned that respect.

i have to aggree with u i thought it was weak by looking at the teams but then i looked it up and its really not that weak not tough tough but by no means weak sry about that one

i have to aggree with u i thought it was weak by looking at the teams but then i looked it up and its really not that weak not tough tough but by no means weak sry about that one

No worries, it's a common mistake outsiders make. We are stuck in a part of the state where people don't know a whole lot about us or our opponents, but we do play some good teams. We don't have a world beater schedule, but we didn't have a Stewart County type schedule either.

I will help you out. I did not say tha LC has a weak schedule. I said that I did not know what LC does, all I said is what Goodpasture tries to do. Goodpasture tires to play traditional good teams every year. Teams like CPA, Ravenwood, Mcgavock, David Lipscomb, and they also scrimmage MBA. People hear what they want to hear. So when I say the Goodpasture schedules tough teams every year, you hear "LC does not". All I have said is that Coach Martin has a very good blue print, and that consistantly makes Goodpasture a team to challenge for a state championchip every year.