Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

I really don't have a dog in this fight (i am from Milan) but it looks like the GP fans think have already won this game! Could one of the GP fans tell me again what your teams record was again this year? LC was 11-0 or thats what i read in the Jackson Sun last Saturday.

Most GP fans have not said they have won the game already. Goodpasture is very young this year, and it is suppose to be their "down year". Goodpasture's record is 7-4 and LC record is 11-0. There is just one fan that is talking trash, but I am sure you could find atleast one for every topic this week. Goodpasture's record is not as good as it has been in the past, but they have faced top level competion from 3A, 4A, and 5A teams, and the coaches are hoping it pay's off in the playoffs. They have approximately 15 underclassmen that play very important roles. It should be a great game, and from everything we hear, LC is a great team, and they have had a great season.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys think i'm talking too much trash and your feelings are getting hurt, you might want to stick to the girls basketball forums. I guess you never saw the Camden, Milan, Peabody,DCA, and Alcoa threads last year and the year before that. They were 100% full trash talking threads. Some of the best threads of the season.

If you guys think i'm talking too much trash and your feelings are getting hurt, you might want to stick to the girls basketball forums. I guess you never saw the Camden, Milan, Peabody,DCA, and Alcoa threads last year and the year before that. They were 100% full trash talking threads. Some of the best threads of the season.

Thats sounds great. But just because other people do something, it does not make it right. Yes, you can have fun. But if you are going to say things, remember that the preception is that all GP fans are like that, and they are not. Remember that our school is suppose to stand for something, and trash talking is not one of them. Let other people and schools do that. Just like our young men playing football, they dont trash talk, they let their actions do thier talking. Our kids have been the underdogs all year. Your trash talking does nothing to help our kids or LC's. These boys are not pro's, they are 15 to 18 year old boys. Keep that in mind when you are ripping somebody! It does not sound like you are a father. If you are a current or former student, remember what they preach at school. You should be able to have fun on Coach T, but just remember who you represent and the young men you are talking about. All the teams remaining in the playoffs are good, and I know that I respect and admire these young men on both sides who learn the life lessons that this sport can teach you. Those lessons are teamwork, worth ethic, sportsmanship, and dedication, to name a few. Represent the Goodpasture TRADITION!

Thats sounds great. But just because other people do something, it does not make it right. Yes, you can have fun. But if you are going to say things, remember that the preception is that all GP fans are like that, and they are not. Remember that our school is suppose to stand for something, and trash talking is not one of them. Let other people and schools do that. Just like our young men playing football, they dont trash talk, they let their actions do thier talking. Our kids have been the underdogs all year. Your trash talking does nothing to help our kids or LC's. These boys are not pro's, they are 15 to 18 year old boys. Keep that in mind when you are ripping somebody! It does not sound like you are a father. If you are a current or former student, remember what they preach at school. You should be able to have fun on Coach T, but just remember who you represent and the young men you are talking about. All the teams remaining in the playoffs are good, and I know that I respect and admire these young men on both sides who learn the life lessons that this sport can teach you. Those lessons are teamwork, worth ethic, sportsmanship, and dedication, to name a few. Represent the Goodpasture TRADITION!

represent the Goodpasture RECRUITMENT. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Maybe on Nov 4th, 2008. You should of not joined these forums. I have been a member for 4 years. My old username was deleted due to a server crash so I started a new one "Cougarborown" last year. You are the 1st person on these forums to complain "cry" about this. I guess you have never played football before at GP. We dished it out just as good as everyone else.

Congratulations Kane and Mason. I??™m not big on individual awards during the season, but I??™ve got to say how proud I am of all these young men on this team. What an unselfish bunch of players the Srs. have turned out to be. Someone said to me today that they were concerned that the jealousy bug might hit this team. I can??™t see that happening with this fine group of young men. They have fought together all year through ups and downs and have a common goal in mind. I have to give a special shout out to Jake who, for the past 6 or 7 games, has put the team first better than I ever thought him could. Just watch his ball fakes and blks. when he doesn??™t have the ball, it says it all. And what about Lawson who has quietly been the secret weapon game after game. All I can say about Mathis is he will hit you like he is massive. And if Big Shane ever fully channels his energy in the right direction there will be none better in the history or our school. Eric could be the one to make that big play at any given moment (he has the ability). Good Luck this week guys, stay focused and stay together!

represent the Goodpasture RECRUITMENT. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

LOL, maybe Fulmer can help us out with that this year. Since he will have some free time on this hands. If GP could just build a aluminum plant close by, the kids would be lined up to play for us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is like a church league If you want to see some trash talk come on over to the Alcoa thread, we'll show ya how its done. I hope LC wins this game so we might have the chance to show yall what real football looks like, GP hasn't got nothing for us

Maybe on Nov 4th, 2008. You should of not joined these forums. I have been a member for 4 years. My old username was deleted due to a server crash so I started a new one "Cougarborown" last year. You are the 1st person on these forums to complain "cry" about this. I guess you have never played football before at GP. We dished it out just as good as everyone else.

I am very happy for you that you have been a member for 4 years. I am sure you are proud. I am proud of our boys and Goodpasture. I just think that we can have fun, but also remember who we are talking about, young men. I did'nt cry or ask you for your online resume, I just suggested that we give these kids a little respect for what they have accomplished. There are alot of young men at home this weekend that would love to be still playing. This game should be very good, between two very good teams. I wish good health to both teams.

This is like a church league If you want to see some trash talk come on over to the Alcoa thread, we'll show ya how its done. I hope LC wins this game so we might have the chance to show yall what real football looks like, GP hasn't got nothing for us

Speaking of recruiting...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />