Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

represent the Goodpasture RECRUITMENT. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I pay my monthly tuition /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Great stuff CougarBrown. That is a good one! Keep em comming.

I sometimes wonder myself where all of these soccer moms hear about the CoachT forums?

I also hate soccer.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me out here alittle, I keep hearing how weak Lewis County's schedule is and how Goodpasture plays the top teams to prepare them for the playoffs but when I look up the schedule strenght for both teams I see that Goodpastures schedule is ranked 2 places below Lewis County's. LC's is 46 and GP's is 48 out of 58 AA schools

This is laughable. Gp played 3 5A teams, the 3A state champion, and a Div II team. How can that be an easier schedule than a couple of middle of the road 1A teams, and a lot of below average 2A teams.

There??™s not that much difference in the strength of this year??™s schedule. Now granted year in and year out GP plays a tougher schedule than LC because they have a very hard time getting public schools to play them. I talk to a Coffee County coach a while back and he said that they have some of the worst talent that they??™ve ever had. Also, calling MP and WC middle of the road 1A schools is unfair as well. You are kidding yourself if you think that David Martin wouldn??™t love to have a different schedule. If you have little choice in who you??™re going to play and very few natural rivals you might as well go ahead and say that he makes his schedule out ???getting ready for the playoffs???, but in really that??™s not true.

It is true that the privates cannot get any publics to play them, so they have to grab games that they can. In most cases, they have to play up to do that. The last 2 years CPA played down one game to Riverside Christian because they requested to play us. They felt it would be good for them to play a good team.

Lewis County is very good this year. I've had them #3 in my personal Top 10, but I firmly believe both CPA and Gp would have been 10-0 playing LC's schedule. Are GP and CPA better than LC? Not saying that (yet), but they would be 10-0 with LC's schedule this year, and if GP and CPA played all 2A teams, they would probably be 10-0 or 9-1 every year.

One thing for sure, when you play MBA, Ravenwood, Ensworth, etc., you don't get surprised by another 2A team's talent in the playoffs (except maybe Alcoa). Playing up doesn't mean you are better than those who don't, but it does prepare you for meeting talented teams. The down side is that it hurts your seeding, and you risk more injuries.

one of you will win then you'll have to meet milan in the semi's . that's when your season ends. so really all ya'lls jibberish is for nada. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is true that the privates cannot get any publics to play them, so they have to grab games that they can. In most cases, they have to play up to do that. The last 2 years CPA played down one game to Riverside Christian because they requested to play us. They felt it would be good for them to play a good team.

Lewis County is very good this year. I've had them #3 in my personal Top 10, but I firmly believe both CPA and Gp would have been 10-0 playing LC's schedule. Are GP and CPA better than LC? Not saying that (yet), but they would be 10-0 with LC's schedule this year, and if GP and CPA played all 2A teams, they would probably be 10-0 or 9-1 every year.

One thing for sure, when you play MBA, Ravenwood, Ensworth, etc., you don't get surprised by another 2A team's talent in the playoffs (except maybe Alcoa). Playing up doesn't mean you are better than those who don't, but it does prepare you for meeting talented teams. The down side is that it hurts your seeding, and you risk more injuries.

Well said!

Well, I hope LC can pull this one out. They went up to the pasture a couple of years ago with statistically the best defense in school history, only to get lit up by the balanced attack of what amounted to be the equivalent of a junior college in Mississippi. Don't be fooled by Goodpasture's record. Just because they aren't 11-0 or 10-1 and seem to be a little off their normal game, doesn't mean this is going to be easy for LC. I might actually come to this game. I hope LC can match the speed of Goodpasture this time. The last time, Goodpasture had at least a half dozen players and 2 cheerleaders that were faster than our fastest man.

Congratulations to Stovepipe and Kane.

I agree with this statement. I can't believe that I said that.