Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

The reason we don't schedule DII schools is because they won't play us. We will play ANYONE. Tell any of those private schools in Nashville to call

I'm not at all implying that you are incorrect but that is the same thing I hear from those guys. They say they would love to play Alcoa but they won't schedule them. I don't really care because every school has the right to schedule who they want, but for everyone's sake we're missing out what would be some great football games. MBA or Ensworth vs. Alcoa or Maryville: I would pay big money to see that.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That, and if it was a dropped forward pass, why did the referee not blow the whistle. Why did he allow the play to continue?

I was told an explanation that came directly from the official and "robjim" can back me up on this. During the play, there was one official who was able to determine that it was a forward pass, but could not determine possession from the angle he was at. Another official could see that it was an incomplete pass, but could not tell if it was a forward pass from his angle. Without certainty, neither of the officials could stop the play at that point, so they let it play out. After Goodpasture picked the ball up and ran it back to the endzone, the officials got together and matched their stories up and ended up calling it an incomplete pass, negating the TD. I am a CPA fan, however I 100% understand the frustration with this. Any time a crucial, game-changing play occurs, and then gets called back, it can really take the momentum out of a team. For the sake of both teams, it would have been best for the right call to be made immediately rather than after an apparent TD, but making the right call in the end is still better than not.

CB, that was actually a quote from PT earlier in this thread. This guy was taking up for you.

Well, it said that that was his 1st post so I don't see where he has posted before. When he said ABC school, I took it as private. I was just telling him what was correct.

I just love hearing this every year at playoff time. How all privates recruit. It never gets old /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

We usually hear it after the game.

Well i don't see how a little private school who is 8-3 on the season, is going to compete with a powerhouse public with a perfect 11-0 season so far, Playing at home, with 2 possible Mr. football canidates and that brutal schedule that LC played this year, Just dont give the cougars a chance prediction LC 42-3 about like the Alcoa score last year. Go Tornadoes

Well i don't see how a little private school who is 8-3 on the season, is going to compete with a powerhouse public with a perfect 11-0 season so far, Playing at home, with 2 possible Mr. football canidates and that brutal schedule that LC played this year, Just dont give the cougars a chance prediction LC 42-3 about like the Alcoa score last year. Go Tornadoes

Surely this little old public school wont whip a private high class bunch such as GP. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not at all implying that you are incorrect but that is the same thing I hear from those guys. They say they would love to play Alcoa but they won't schedule them. I don't really care because every school has the right to schedule who they want, but for everyone's sake we're missing out what would be some great football games. MBA or Ensworth vs. Alcoa or Maryville: I would pay big money to see that.

I join you on that one Matt610. That would be an evening of first class sports entertainment.