Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW.....CPA4, that wasn't intended to be a slap.....just that all we hear about LCHS is "schedule", it gets old. I was trying to make a point to the person that it isn't that simple.

BTW......Hoping CPA can stop GPA, nice to see someone else in the boro'.

Good luck to your bunch!

The reason you get tired of hearing it is because it is the truth. I knew the private -public would be brought up it always does if your team lost, But after being at the game last nite, I was suprised how much bigger LC was than GP. So you can't say that GP had more talent on the field, no way. They just got out played by a little..By the way you are right about one thing, ALCOA who is a PUBLIC school will beat any 2A team in the state. Quit complaining, Also durning that game last nite you cant tell me those LC players cared that GP is a private school. They just wanted to win and gave an extremely good effort. My guess is Stat pack1 was never a football player, a wantabe

The reason you get tired of hearing it is because it is the truth. I knew the private -public would be brought up it always does if your team lost, But after being at the game last nite, I was suprised how much bigger LC was than GP. So you can't say that GP had more talent on the field, no way. They just got out played by a little..By the way you are right about one thing, ALCOA who is a PUBLIC school will beat any 2A team in the state. Quit complaining, Also durning that game last nite you cant tell me those LC players cared that GP is a private school. They just wanted to win and gave an extremely good effort. My guess is Stat pack1 was never a football player, a wantabe

Look junior...you can attack or make the smart comments all you, it doesn't change a thing. You can view the world your way and I mine. We will never agree......its easy to tell. This started with a MTP person making a remark the only reason LCHS loses is because of schedule nothing else. It does get old! If that was true then LCHS would have won by playing someone else during the season.....just plain crazy. They lost last night because GP had the better team.

CPA4 made a statement about privates being moved by TSSAA, and I said it was a start. If you will look at my post . BTW I played College ball......like that should make any differance on my opinion.....but it seems to be important to you.

No one complain...you should just follow along with the conversation over time and you might understand a little better.

Like I said neither of us will change or opinions.....you spoke yours.....I have mine, best just leave it that way. FYI.....LCHS didn't have anyone near the athlete of #24......he something very special. I believe we will see him on Saturdays somewhere.

Look junior...you can attack or make the smart comments all you, it doesn't change a thing. You can view the world your way and I mine. We will never agree......its easy to tell. This started with a MTP person making a remark the only reason LCHS loses is because of schedule nothing else. It does get old! If that was true then LCHS would have won by playing someone else during the season.....just plain crazy. They lost last night because GP had the better team.

CPA4 made a statement about privates being moved by TSSAA, and I said it was a start. If you will look at my post . BTW I played College ball......like that should make any differance on my opinion.....but it seems to be important to you.

No one complain...you should just follow along with the conversation over time and you might understand a little better.

Like I said neither of us will change or opinions.....you spoke yours.....I have mine, best just leave it that way. FYI.....LCHS didn't have anyone near the athlete of #24......he something very special. I believe we will see him on Saturdays somewhere.

you are one of those whinning fans that thanks they have all the answers. Just go ahead and blame GP for playing good football and downing your LC team that i thought was an excellent team and played hard. You are not giving LC any credit.They lost because GP is private. Yea right.. If you didn't know GP quarter back is 14 yrs old. that sounds like a powerhouse to me

you are one of those whinning fans that thanks they have all the answers. Just go ahead and blame GP for playing good football and downing your LC team that i thought was an excellent team and played hard. You are not giving LC any credit.They lost because GP is private. Yea right.. If you didn't know GP quarter back is 14 yrs old. that sounds like a powerhouse to me

[/quote

You should read more closely. Never blamed GPA for being private, never said they lost because of it. In fact...I'll go slow here..."said they lost to a better team. Does that help you at all?

I gave credit where credit was due!

No excuse.....you should read more slosely before you come out with those remarks.

MTP was mocking LCHS for losing because of schedule...end of discussion.

Have a good day......and good luck with CPA

Look i mean no disrespect to lc yes i won some money on a beat but i would rather see lc or mp or any other public school keep going futher in the playoffs than any private shools like i said NO DISRESPECT TOO LC they are a great program with great kids but i would have rather lose my beat just too see them win i am soory if i mad anyone mad . And i realy mean that

Does any of this matter, ALCOA will get another gold ball.

Well I guess it does matter, you guys are fighting over the silver ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey AlCOA, I have a bowling ball in my garage you can put in that trophy case!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think that the publics are catching up to the privates here in TN. Due to so many more private schools opening up. Parents have more choices to send their children. I also think the economy will start to have an effect on the privates as some parents will no longer be able to afford to send their child there.

But if you look at the two results from Friday night. Goodpasture was given everything they could handle from a tough Lewis Co. team. Fairview took it to CPA and made them play ball. Even though the two private schools won, I think they have to be impressed with how competitive the publics are becoming to them.

I know that all of you "told you so" types will want to put this one on LC's schedule, but that would be inaccurate. Here is the bottom line - GP had more depth. Notice I didn't say more players or that the only reason they had depth was because of recruiting, none of that is true. LC"s first bunch matched up well with GP, however, GP was able to sub in people to keep their best players fresh - that is in no way a knock - more like a compliment. LC and schools its size will almost always deal with this because of numbers. And in rural areas - there are a select few athletes to choose from, unlike urban areas where there is just more people.

You all can say I'm making excuses, but I'm not. It was a GREAT GAME with both teams showing alot of heart. GP was severely underrated. They will always be a contender, for as long as they play football. LC will continue to work hard and come back next year with that same never say die attitude they showed Friday night and no matter what their record ends up being, they will be able to be proud of themselves just like they were Friday night. Good luck to GP.

Does any of this matter, ALCOA will get another gold ball.

Well I guess it does matter, you guys are fighting over the silver ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Really? It only took David one little rock to bring down Goliath! Never stop believing!