Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

Good game boys! I really wish you would not make parting shots. Every year there are always a few people that react badly. There were several teenagers that made very rude comments to my wife and I when we were there, especially at halftime when we went to get a BBQ sandwich on the LC side. Also, when we went to our car, some LC teenagers in a blue Chevy truck told us to get out of town quick or they were going to damage our car. I cleaned the language up a little right there! My point is, these are high school kids. Both on and off the field they make mistakes. When you post your parding shot, you are implying that Goodpasture does not have class, and that is not right. Did you see the end of the game when our players and coach's went over and prayed with LC's players. Did not mention that in your post. Or did you see the elderly woman from LC who tripped and fell coming out of the game, and one of our Goodpasture parents went and got her car for her and brought it up for her! I do not believe that the young teenagers that made comments to my wife and I are representative of true LC fans, neither should you. I was ready to let those actions go untold, but if you make your parting shots, I have to defend our team and fans!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Effort LCHS. So many thought GP would roll over you, and Fairview would be crushed. Even though you both loss, great effort by both. Very competitive games. The rural schools did themselves, fans and citizens proud. With the loss of so many seniors by LCHS, I would say (without knowing the breakdown for Fairview) Fairview would be the team favored next year. I have read some of the new schedule for next year for these teams, not going to be an easy one. Marshall , Giles and Page all ranked in the top 10 in their class plus Springhill coming back with over 20 seniors. Going to be an interesting year. Regardless of all the statements of "not tough schedule", one and done etc. I would say that was put an end too last night by both teams. Both teams losing by 1 score sure was nothing to hang your heads about. Both rural areas should be awful proud of the teams that represented them. They both played hard and gave it their all. You both did region 6 proud!

Good luck to the seniors......even though you lost...you showed so much heart and never say die attitude for the younger ones to learn from!

Good luck in your Futures.......and always remember the effort you gave and carry through life!

Every year its the same thing the record does not show how weak lewis county seasons games are i said one and done before the playoffs started. Thanks lc for being OVERRATED won some good money on ya'll loseing just like every year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Who do you support? Would really like to know.

One key for you.....LCHS has, was and will be in the playoffs.....consistent!

Let us know your team......GPA.......who?

WIth the attitude like yours.......it seems.......that every school........with exception of Aloca and Goodpasture the last few years......Problem was ......Their schedule.......not that any team was better or more talent.......just that the schedule was to soft, sure makes it simple to plan for nest year!

Region 6 always in recent memory has to travel through the Privates to get to the next step. BTW......All the other teams from the west hasn't be able to get through the privates regardless of their "tougher schedule" Its just a fact.......some teams have more talent regardless of the schedule they play.

Again.....who is your team you support?

bottomline is a Mount Pleasant fan from reading his past posts. Not too sure where he is coming from as I don't see Mount Pleasant making it through to the Boro every year either.

If your right......that figures, its called jealous!

A person does get so tired of hearing the same excuse...seems like the only one....."Not a tough enough schedule". Region 6 recently has had to play region 5 the past few years to move on, and without creating a debate.....that means they have to pass through the Privates. This year if LCHS had beaten GP, then it would be CPA, not saying LCHS couldn't have made it through...just makes a tougher rd. As is with all the teams out East having to go through Alcoa.....a tougher schedule wouldn't solve that problem. They are just talent loaded!

So all these remarks of LCHS....."weak schedule" move on to somthing else.

P.S. if this is a MTP person......they might be right.......LCHS did Have them on the schedule the past two years.....so that might have been why they made that statement!

Time to start to reload.....and good luck to all the players, going to be an interesting year next year!

If your right......that figures, its called jealous!

A person does get so tired of hearing the same excuse...seems like the only one....."Not a tough enough schedule". Region 6 recently has had to play region 5 the past few years to move on, and without creating a debate.....that means they have to pass through the Privates. This year if LCHS had beaten GP, then it would be CPA, not saying LCHS couldn't have made it through...just makes a tougher rd. As is with all the teams out East having to go through Alcoa.....a tougher schedule wouldn't solve that problem. They are just talent loaded!

So all these remarks of LCHS....."weak schedule" move on to somthing else.

P.S. if this is a MTP person......they might be right.......LCHS did Have them on the schedule the past two years.....so that might have been why they made that statement!

Time to start to reload.....and good luck to all the players, going to be an interesting year next year!

Well, there are 53 teams in the new 3A football class and only 4 privates left (I think) - CAK, Chatt. Chr., CPA, GP (Not sure if York is private - that would make 5). So, just be patient, the TSSAA will continue to make changes until all the privates are pushed out of the public classes. That is their unspoken goal. Several gone after this year - Boyd, JCS, USJ, FRA, Ezell, DCA.

The 4 that are left (listed above) are also the 4 smallest enrollment schools in the new 3A football class.

Well, there are 53 teams in the new 3A football class and only 4 privates left (I think) - CAK, Chatt. Chr., CPA, GP (Not sure if York is private - that would make 5). So, just be patient, the TSSAA will continue to make changes until all the privates are pushed out of the public classes. That is their unspoken goal. Several gone after this year - Boyd, JCS, USJ, FRA, Ezell, DCA.

The 4 that are left (listed above) are also the 4 smallest enrollment schools in the new 3A football class.

Well said.

Good post Don, it's one that many of us needed to hear. I'm sure you shared it with little man and the others. We are so very lucky to have the kind of coaches and kids who work very hard to learn life lessons of athletics. Not to mention give so old guys like me something to be proud of and a chance to drift back in my mind to many fond memories. Let's not have any shots or excuses on the game good game by both! God bless and good luck.

Thats good hear. Not a bad idea......Privates vs. Privates, what a concept! Rural vs. Rural, another good idea. Maybe there is hope. Course then you have open zone , closed zone to deal with....LOL. Eventually it will get worked out.

Alcoa is a different beast!

Lately its playing for who is number #2.