Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 'down' year for Goodpasture includes losses to the largest school in the state in McGavock, perennial power Lipscomb, DII-AA Pope John Paul II and by 11 to CPA who just kicked Hickman County's rear end.

I picked Lewis County in the Big Ones contest, but I would not at all be surprised if Goodpasture wins and I wouldn't call it an upset. They play a schedule that gets them ready for the playoffs, Lewis County does not.

The Sonny Moore Poll has Lewis Co. as a 7 point favorite. Massey predictions has Lewis Co. by 11. Earl Nall's poll has Lewis Co. as a significant favorite.

Also Murphy Fair picked Lewis Co. Friday night, on the Nashville radio show, to go to at least the Semi's. The favorites shoe is on the other foot from 2006.

yea, but we all know that most people who havn't watched the two teams play much will pick Goodpasture to roll. We have already seen that on this thread already. We will hear all week how much tougher GP's schedule was than LC's and many people truly believe that. I have no problem with that logic, but obviously hope its not valid. That argument will be the dead horse that gets beaten all week. The LC players, coaches, and fans have heard it all before. And it is true that LC has had great regular seasons with dissappointing results in the playoffs many times before. Also GP has dominated the series year in and year out. And they are the three time defending state runner-ups. LC players, coaches, and fans also know all of these facts very well.

However, my personal opinion is that this year's team is different from LC teams of the past. I think they will be ready to play and will win this one against GP, but it will be close. GP is well coached and always talented, but so is LC. It should be a great game.

A 'down' year for Goodpasture includes losses to the largest school in the state in McGavock, perennial power Lipscomb, DII-AA Pope John Paul II and by 11 to CPA who just kicked Hickman County's rear end.

I picked Lewis County in the Big Ones contest, but I would not at all be surprised if Goodpasture wins and I wouldn't call it an upset. They play a schedule that gets them ready for the playoffs, Lewis County does not.

Call me a homer ks, but I truly believe LC would play with all of those teams. I know they played up in classification and LC played down a couple of times, but other than a close first game of the year and the Hickman Co game, the Panthers have not been challenged alot. I could be way off, but I think the Panthers would at least play close games with all those teams you listed, if not beat a couple of them. Just my opinion.

Can someone tell me if the quarter final bracket is right with the home team being the bottom team . Or is it the top seed. It is confusing.

thanks

The higher seeded team hosts the quarterfinals in all cases. In the semis, if the two teams have the same seeding, the bottom half of the bracket gets the home field advantage in even years, and the top half gets home field in the odd years.

For example, if LC and Milan move along to the semis - Milan hosts cause they are at the bottom of the bracket. If LC and JCS, Huntingdon, or anyone but Milan play in the semis, LC hosts. If Milan makes it to the semis, they host no matter what.

I agree that each year is different. But there has to be something said for how Coach David Martin gets his teams ready to play year in and year out. He plays tough teams every year, to get his team ready for the playoffs. He realizes that in the playoffs, every team you play can beat you. So he does his best to test his team during the season, that way they can learn from there mistakes. Especially for the young team he has this year. He even plays MBA every year at MBA for his first pre-season game. Stewart County had a great season, but that game was not even close. Our team, coaches, and fans always respect our opponent. Lewis County has done a great job this year. I just think that Coach Martin has a very good plan for sucess at Goodpasture. Win or lose, Goodpasture will be a team to be dealt with for years to come, and this was suppose to be there "down year".

Turn it twist it, spin it or shake it and it still comes down to one think. If GP and Cunningham can run the ball successfully then they will be effective with the rest of their offense. If they can??™t run the ball then LC will take control of the game. David Martins GP team is not one to take lightly. I assure you that Coach Sharp and Martin have know each other for a very long time and know what the other is going to do come Friday night.