Knoxville Catholic vs Anderson County

chokeonaloaf

according to ruse?

AC line>KC

according to me: line:AC my have more experience but KC's won more games plus i don't think they've had any trouble running it do u?

AC qb >KC

according to me:QB first year QB sure but a first year qb that is yet to lose

AC WR>KC WR

according to me:although this looks like the only position going AC's way all KCs wr has to do is block and catch about two passes in this one

AC LB/FB> KC LB/FB

according to me:

maybe but i'm happy with a 6.5 yd average at fb and the 1st team d only gave up 7 last time

u talked alot about AC tailbacks but how can u just not mention KC's RBs r u kidding me? #3 8 .0yds/per #22 8.1 per . One thing i don't understand is if AC has got all this talent why doesnt it reflect in there record?

On the other hand KC has won ALL there games and to me seems like the youth is growing up i mean at this point theyve already have atleast a season under tallythere belt. and yes i am toatally aware of playoff records but i just don't see AC doin it if it rains kc42-14 if its dry kc41-14

nakedhogan.

I'll respond in order. I have no idea, about stats; however, I will say with much certainty that no team ran the ball well against Kingston.

1st year QB in the playoffs, and the first game was probably a "Mercy" rule. Hasn't played a real one yet.

Don't know about KC's WR blocking ability, but I'll say that if they can't or won't, Pemberton will not play them. FWIW, they have to throw it to catch it. AC's WRs' are very good.

The Blakley or Blakely or whatever his name is did not play against you last time. His averages are well above 8 per carry. Nearly double that.

AC does have talent, and experience. Sometimes that does not equate to victory. Catholic won the first game. On the other hand, last year's Catholic team was easily the most talented team (even with the injuries), and still got bounced by AE. Catholic is 11-0 because of hard work, good coaching, tough play, and.....luck. AC is 8-3 because of much of the same, and perhaps the luck tipped the other way.

The question was "who do I think should win the game?" The answer to me is AC. Just like last year when I said Catholic should beat AE, or the year before that when I thought Catholic would beat Fulton because they beat them by 2-3 TDs in the regular season, or the year before that when Catholic beat Fulton in the playoffs after Fulton had detroyed them by 4 TDs in the regular season.

ruse?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nakedhogan.

I'll respond in order. I have no idea, about stats; however, I will say with much certainty that no team ran the ball well against Kingston.

1st year QB in the playoffs, and the first game was probably a "Mercy" rule. Hasn't played a real one yet.

Don't know about KC's WR blocking ability, but I'll say that if they can't or won't, Pemberton will not play them. FWIW, they have to throw it to catch it. AC's WRs' are very good.

The Blakley or Blakely or whatever his name is did not play against you last time. His averages are well above 8 per carry. Nearly double that.

AC does have talent, and experience. Sometimes that does not equate to victory. Catholic won the first game. On the other hand, last year's Catholic team was easily the most talented team (even with the injuries), and still got bounced by AE. Catholic is 11-0 because of hard work, good coaching, tough play, and.....luck. AC is 8-3 because of much of the same, and perhaps the luck tipped the other way.

The question was "who do I think should win the game?" The answer to me is AC. Just like last year when I said Catholic should beat AE, or the year before that when I thought Catholic would beat Fulton because they beat them by 2-3 TDs in the regular season, or the year before that when Catholic beat Fulton in the playoffs after Fulton had detroyed them by 4 TDs in the regular season.

ruse?

Not to show any disrespect at all, ruse?, but i disagree with you.

1. Yes the new RB is very good, not arguing with that, but his stats are very misleading. In amounting his 300+ yards rushing, i can almost guarantee you that about 200 to of those yards came in the last regular season game against Stone.

2. Catholic does have good receivers. 11, Spencer Mackle, has great hands and has made some very good receptions. The qb is also good. The decision to throw the ball very little is not their responsibility. But they can perform when called upon.

3. Yes, experience advantage does go to AC. However in the previous KC/AC game the less experienced, younger line won out against the older, more experience AC line. So that factor completely goes out the window.

4. Yes Catholics QB is inexperienced and hasn't played a "real playoff game". Then again, there's not many people on the Catholic team that have. And look how far they've gotten.

On the other hand ruse?, you may be right and i could be putting my foot in my mouth completely. Only time will tell. If Catholic wins though, you must take the bagpipe lady out on a date. She prefers waffle house.

1. Yes the new RB is very good, not arguing with that, but his stats are very misleading. In amounting his 300+ yards rushing, i can almost guarantee you that about 200 to of those yards came in the last regular season game against Stone.

2. Catholic does have good receivers. 11, Spencer Mackle, has great hands and has made some very good receptions. The qb is also good. The decision to throw the ball very little is not their responsibility. But they can perform when called upon.

3. Yes, experience advantage does go to AC. However in the previous KC/AC game the less experienced, younger line won out against the older, more experience AC line. So that factor completely goes out the window.

4. Yes Catholics QB is inexperienced and hasn't played a "real playoff game". Then again, there's not many people on the Catholic team that have. And look how far they've gotten.

On the other hand ruse?, you may be right and i could be putting my foot in my mouth completely. Only time will tell. If Catholic wins though, you must take the bagpipe lady out on a date. She prefers waffle house.

Choakonaloaf.

No problem. This whole site is for opinions. The bagpipe lady and I were actually an item at one time. I can tell you that she skipped the "waffle" and ate the house. I still like AC. More experience, and overall more talent. Again, that's just my opinon. Anderson County should win this game. One thing I did not mention would be the special teams. Catholic has had some trouble over the years covering kicks. Don't know if that is a distance, hang time, staying in the lanes/angles/coverage or what? I believe the AE playoff loss last year was in part due to that. Anyway, should be a good game, but I'm gonna go see the AE & Kingston knock heads.

ruse?

Yes the new RB is very good. He has played in 3 games but only played at RB in 2. No he didnt get all his yards against stone im pretty sure he went for over 150 in each game. Would have went for alot more yards against carter as well if it were not wet. There was at least 2 runs he would have took all the way if he hadnt have slipped.

Will he do it against KC, time will tell. The last game KC line dominated AC line, that needs to change for either back to get any yards. Go Mavs

Well, well, well what do we have here. 7 pages of talk on this game, I have to say I am shocked. It looks like people are excited about this game, probably because the winner should make it to the 'Boro. I expect a well played, tough, very physical game tomorrow. Both teams know what is at stake and both teams know what they have to do to win. I am glad to see this game getting this much attention. Lets go play in the rain and mud again and see who is left standing. GO MAVS!!!!

ruse?

You make some very valid points and I normally go with the team that physically should win the ballgame. AC does have one of the best (very underated) QB's around. AC has a heck of a fullback/LB in #11. They have two WR's that give you a good combo. The running backs do a great job of finding the hole. The line does a pretty good job taking care of the trenches as well. Carter has a pretty dang good running back and he amassed some hard yards against the Mav's, but I don't think that Catholic has a running back with that ability. Everything points to the Mavericks, but the mental part says Irish.

I just don't think that AC can beat the Bagpipe Lady.

ruse?

You make some very valid points and I normally go with the team that physically should win the ballgame. AC does have one of the best (very underated) QB's around. AC has a heck of a fullback/LB in #11. They have two WR's that give you a good combo. The running backs do a great job of finding the hole. The line does a pretty good job taking care of the trenches as well. Carter has a pretty dang good running back and he amassed some hard yards against the Mav's, but I don't think that Catholic has a running back with that ability. Everything points to the Mavericks, but the mental part says Irish.

I just don't think that AC can beat the Bagpipe Lady.

are u kidding me? Cozart and Howanitz aren't as good as carter's rb? There will be 40+ scored by kc I believe because the ball will be wet and picks will be thrown and who needs to throw more?