Loudon vs Happy Valley

Fanof2AA

I also heard that SG came out and played well early, but then loudon decided to start playing. Now im not a fan of SG but i was wanting them to win so as to take some heat off of our region. I do however have to disagree with you on your next piont, that loudon would have given up. I have never seen a team in high school football "give up." Teams do not do that unless the score is too large to overcome, and then some teams still give it their all until the very last whistle. Especially with this being a playoff game, loudon would have kept plugging away and eventually turned it into a ballgame. To question a kids want for a win in a playoff game or any game is very dangerous, especially when they have been beaten by teams that are very good and they know that they can play with anyone. So you might want to choose your words a little better when talking about "giving up" in high schol football. Its not gonna happen, trust me. Im still rooting for HV but if youre loudon, you got some bulletin board material now from fanof2aa. Good luck to both sides!

I spoke with a parent whose son starts for Loudon, a sophomore on defense, and he said his son went out the 3rd or 4th play w/ an injury. His replacement was also a sophomore so it may have taken a few plays to settle in. It was also a sophomore who intercepted the pass in the end zone. After the interception SG was shut down by an aggressive and young Loudon defense. Any team on any given Friday can win, but if Loudon comes ready to play they can come out victorious.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game ! Both teams really played their hearts out, HV has nothing to hang their heads about they played a great game. only dissapointment was the officiating crew . i think loudon was penalized more in this one game than the entire season , our Redskins are coached to play until the whistle blows and if that is a penalty well let the laundry fly, Great Job by both teams overcomming the officials

GO BIG RED!!!!

What a game ! Both teams really played their hearts out, HV has nothing to hang their heads about they played a great game. only dissapointment was the officiating crew . i think loudon was penalized more in this one game than the entire season , our Redskins are coached to play until the whistle blows and if that is a penalty well let the laundry fly, Great Job by both teams overcomming the officials

GO BIG RED!!!!

15 to 3 was the penalty ratio. Loudon was flagged for 5 personal fouls. There was at least 5 illegal procedures, EVERYBODY I talked to said 1 was legit.When the officials let the boys play it was great football action. I would like to see the film and see if I could see what the officals saw.

Loudon was playing 16 people friday night (11 players and 5 referees). If the refs would had known a Loudon player tied one cleat tighter than the other one, he would have found some way to penalize them. The Redskin players are drilled in practice to play until the whistle blows and are punished when they dont do so. From what i heard, the Happy Valley players had filthy mouths and complained to the refs all night. Don't get me wrong, Happy Valley played a heck of a game and fought hard but the refs made it a much closer game than it should have been. If Loudon gained 20 yards, you could almost bet that there would be laundry laying somewhere on the field to bring it back another 10 or 15 yards. TSSAA should review that film and be sending some seemingly blind men straight to the unemployment line. All in all, it was a great game to watch. Good luck to Loudon next week as they face Alcoa