Wells fired as Blackman head football coach

CommonSenseMD

Just a word to the wise: Whomever takes over this position, bring your own security with you. Most of the Parents at Blackman are voltures.

As a Blackman parent who has worked their butt off for that football program for 7 years, I resent that. You may think you know "most" of the parents, but I can assure you that "most" of the parents are NOT vultures and do everything that they can to help support the players and the coaches and I can tell you that support will continue whoever the next head coach at Blackman may be. Obviously there are a few parents that are there just for their own kids, but I'm sure it's like that at Oakland and every other school too. Blackman is a great school and I'm proud that my children attend Blackman.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Blackman parent who has worked their butt off for that football program for 7 years, I resent that. You may think you know "most" of the parents, but I can assure you that "most" of the parents are NOT vultures and do everything that they can to help support the players and the coaches and I can tell you that support will continue whoever the next head coach at Blackman may be. Obviously there are a few parents that are there just for their own kids, but I'm sure it's like that at Oakland and every other school too. Blackman is a great school and I'm proud that my children attend Blackman.

I guess its just the ones that are out for the own kids that happen to get coaches fired. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

There are several former riverdale coaches that would fit in at Blackman. Matt Snow ,Currently at Oakland would be a great addition.As mentioned earlier Greg Wyant would be a good one.There is also Jason Scharch currently at spring hill.as well as Nick Patterson who had a great year at Hickman county, I believe he went 8-3 his first year as a head coach. Any of the above would turn the blaze program around ,with no hidden agendas.

Just a word to the wise: Whomever takes over this position, bring your own security with you. Most of the Parents at Blackman are voltures.

mr. oakland patriots...over this season i have read most of your post and enjoyed and admired your insight into oakland football, region 4-5A football and beyond...i have also admired the class in which you communicated...

but...this statement does not seem to be in line with your previous track record on the "T"...

first...it is not true...we have a great core group of parents that make up the "most" you talk about

second...how do you know except through hearsay?...you don't live in our community...you don't attend practices...you don't encourage our guys win or lose with us...you don't serve the team with us...

third...every school has some "crazy maker " parents...a handful of folks who are never satisfied, are mad that their kid is not playing, and are always critical...and we have ours...but "most" of our parents are just like the parents at oakland...and...oakland has there few "crazy makers" as well

this is over the bounds...inflamatory...a lie...and shocks me that it would come from YOU...

if you make this kind of statement...then be man enough to put your name at the bottom of the post so we can at least evaluate the source...

come on back and do the right thing and own your mis-placed and untruthful words...an apology would be accepted by me and the many other parents who have cared for this program...

I think Steve Mathews, the current head coach at Moore Co, would be an excellent choice. He did a tremendous job this season at Moore Co in leading the Blue Raiders to a 3rd place finish in their district, in what was considered a rebuilding year at Moore Co. He has coached under the highly successful John Olive at Tullahoma, played QB at UT and at the Univ. of Memphis, where he set many records. He has played QB in the NFL with the Jacksonville Jaguars. It would be a great opportunity for Blackman to get a up and coming young coach with a great future.

Wow!! I had no idea that Blackman parents were so powerful! I wonder what else they can do?

I heard they (the parents) have proof that the government is hiding aliens from us. I also heard from a secret source that the Blackman parents had "something" to do with the Kennedy assassination. A former coach once told me that they control global warming... and they were the first to put a man on the moon.

Shhhhhhhh!! What's that? I think I hear them coming. They are watching me!?!?! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

mr. oakland patriots...over this season i have read most of your post and enjoyed and admired your insight into oakland football, region 4-5A football and beyond...i have also admired the class in which you communicated...

but...this statement does not seem to be in line with your previous track record on the "T"...

first...it is not true...we have a great core group of parents that make up the "most" you talk about

second...how do you know except through hearsay?...you don't live in our community...you don't attend practices...you don't encourage our guys win or lose with us...you don't serve the team with us...

third...every school has some "crazy maker " parents...a handful of folks who are never satisfied, are mad that their kid is not playing, and are always critical...and we have ours...but "most" of our parents are just like the parents at oakland...and...oakland has there few "crazy makers" as well

this is over the bounds...inflamatory...a lie...and shocks me that it would come from YOU...

if you make this kind of statement...then be man enough to put your name at the bottom of the post so we can at least evaluate the source...

come on back and do the right thing and own your mis-placed and untruthful words...an apology would be accepted by me and the many other parents who have cared for this program...

As I said in a previous post, I retracted to say that Most are good folks. However, unlike everybody else's bad apples, Blackman's seem to have the ability to get either get coaches in trouble, and I think that is the main difference.

Is it really inflammatory when you force coaches to want to go elsewhere? Blackman has such a reputation that coaches think twice before applying for a job there, where it is warranted or not.

It was a poor choice of words to say most, but I maintain my position that coaches think twice before going to Blackman because unlike other schools ignorant crazy makers, Blackman's crazy makers are ignorant and dangerous, and past events support this. I am not like some of these who talk trash, post garbage and hide behind a game, my real name is Eric Smith, an Oakland Alumni of 2003, and when Oakland isnt involved, I am a supporter of all things Rutherford County.