Best Freshman in 2008-2009

wbballer22

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co should have two of the best in Cedarius Taylor and the Hudson kid I've been reading about..But I haven't seen Hudson in person..so not sure..Also Dyer Co has a couple more that's as good or better than most teams in Fred Yarbrough and Cranston Fisk...Dyer Co is going to be special the next few years ! And I'm not posting this because I'm Dyer Co..Lake Co is my team and Lake Co has 1 good freshman as well in Raphael Tyler,who could start...But Dyer Co could really have 4..!

After seeing Hudson play for DC tonight and watching Mitchell Simpson from GC play in 2 scrimmages, Simpson is by far the better athlete as well as basketball player now. I thought the opposite when they were in middle school, but Simpson has gotten a lot better since being at GC. I think he could be really good if he keeps staying out of trouble and I have heard nothing but good things about him. Too bad the Hudson boy didnt stay at GC, him and Simpson with some of the other underclassmen at GC could of really done some damage for 4 years.

Not sure about best freshmen, but one of the top eighth graders in the state is Desmond Robertson. He goes to Whiteville Elementary, a feeder school for Bolivar Central. He is 6'2, long and athletic and can play a number of positions. He has scored 39 and 36 in his last two games. He has post moves and finishes strong and he also can shoot the three. He dunks with ease already and gets a dunk about every other game.

I kno coach Bills at Whiteville Elem. and he told me Desmond has the potential to be the Best to ever come out of not only Bolivar but West TN. Bolivar just keep em coming

I wish I had a dime for every freshman (8th grader in deference to kid at Whiteville) that never came close to all the hype. Anyone remember Paris London (or was it London Paris) in Memphis. No, probably not. Guess what. He was just one can't miss. Had coaches drooling when he was in middle school. Had a press conference to announce his high school selection. Let's see, what NBA team is he with?

Let the poor kids play a bit before projecting for Dick Vitale's Diaper Dandy team!

I wish I had a dime for every freshman (8th grader in deference to kid at Whiteville) that never came close to all the hype. Anyone remember Paris London (or was it London Paris) in Memphis. No, probably not. Guess what. He was just one can't miss. Had coaches drooling when he was in middle school. Had a press conference to announce his high school selection. Let's see, what NBA team is he with?

Let the poor kids play a bit before projecting for Dick Vitale's Diaper Dandy team!

Yea but he ending up going to Memphis so he did pretty well, and getting a college scholarship is a very good accomplishment. Wat I think u dont notice is that ALOT of the dudes who are highly recruited in high school dont survive in the NBA.

And he was also a top 50 players coming out of high school. So he was a cant miss he just didnt go to the NBA which is an achievement that mean he was a bust in high school. And if u remember that 1998 class, u will remember Korleone Young who declared for the NBA and was a top 5 player coming out of high school. Do u even know where he is now?

I remember Paris London.....He was a bust!!!!!!!!! Kinda Like Sylvester Gray..........Gray could have been a great one but had off court issues.

Ok guys, the best Freshman in the state is also the best kept secret in Tennessee. His name is Jedidiah Covington. He's about 6'7 and 220. I've seen the guy play several times and he can flat out play. He plays the three position, but can mix it up down low as well. He has quite a wide array of dunks in his arsenal as well. He has been homeschooled all of his life, but next year (his sophomore year) he is going to Trinity in Jackson, TN. I work with his uncle so I know about him first hand. He was raised in the mountains of Chattanooga, in a sort of Ammish-type lifestyle, but now he's moved to Jackson with his parents, as his father recently took a job at Proctor and Gamble. Trust me, ladies and gentlemen, this kid is the truth. I don't know much about Trinity, but they are gonna be awesome next year with the addition of Covington.

Ok guys, the best Freshman in the state is also the best kept secret in Tennessee. His name is Jedidiah Covington. He's about 6'7 and 220. I've seen the guy play several times and he can flat out play. He plays the three position, but can mix it up down low as well. He has quite a wide array of dunks in his arsenal as well. He has been homeschooled all of his life, but next year (his sophomore year) he is going to Trinity in Jackson, TN. I work with his uncle so I know about him first hand. He was raised in the mountains of Chattanooga, in a sort of Ammish-type lifestyle, but now he's moved to Jackson with his parents, as his father recently took a job at Proctor and Gamble. Trust me, ladies and gentlemen, this kid is the truth. I don't know much about Trinity, but they are gonna be awesome next year with the addition of Covington.

That's good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see him next season.