John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are better players, for sure. But scouts everywhere are saying Jenkins is arguably the best shooter in this senior class. Just seems odd that the "best" shooter and nation's leading scorer would be left off. I can't argue too much because I obviously have not seen all the other kids who are on the list, but I guess I am just more surprised that someone with his stat line could be omitted. But I guess, regardless of all this, Jenkins has seemed to always fly below the national radar. It wasn't even until this summer that Jenkins broke into the Top 100 senior lists for most major recruiting sources after he torched all of the top guys at the NBA camp.

"When I die, I would rather people walk by my grave and ask why there is no monument, than to walk past a monument in my honor and ask, "Why?"

John Jenkins decorates scoreboards, not wall space. (I give myself two bonus points for my attempt at seeming poetic.)

Like I mentioned earlier in 2006/07 Jon Diebler averaged 41.7 ppg and was omitted from the McDonald's game. He broke all of Ohio's scoring records and went on to sign with Ohio State where he is just a role player. Memphis was recruiting Lawrence Westbrook a few years back and he was averaging 40ppg. He later signed with Minnesota an he is a nice college player. Said that to say this Jenkins is definitly great but that doesn't automatically make him the best ever and lock for the McDonald's game...but keep winning so i can see him in the state

There are better players, for sure. But scouts everywhere are saying Jenkins is arguably the best shooter in this senior class. Just seems odd that the "best" shooter and nation's leading scorer would be left off. I can't argue too much because I obviously have not seen all the other kids who are on the list, but I guess I am just more surprised that someone with his stat line could be omitted. But I guess, regardless of all this, Jenkins has seemed to always fly below the national radar. It wasn't even until this summer that Jenkins broke into the Top 100 senior lists for most major recruiting sources after he torched all of the top guys at the NBA camp.

"When I die, I would rather people walk by my grave and ask why there is no monument, than to walk past a monument in my honor and ask, "Why?"

John Jenkins decorates scoreboards, not wall space. (I give myself two bonus points for my attempt at seeming poetic.)

I like it. Give yourself a 3.

better than two bonus points. The second one gets you a two pointer, but that first one is a long range bomb. I say that was a 3pt shot. no need to even look at the tape.

(not that I am an expert.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ..just sayin')

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I like it. Give yourself a 3.

didnt mean to argue with your post, I hadnt read that far yet. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Jenkins was a stand-out in Akron, and in Orlando. He lit both up, and he is not an All-American? That is crazy, and stupid. JJ is one of the top 20 players in the nation, IMHO.

42.5 POINTS PER GAME. OVER 3,000 POINTS IN HIGH SCHOOL . LEADING SCORER IN A CAMP OF 100 OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS IN AMERICA.

JENKINS WAS ROBBED. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Not only did John deserve to make the McDonald's game because of his stat line but also because of his work ethic and character. Im not saying that there aren't kids that don't work as hard or aren't as humble. But he is constantly working on his game and he does not sing his own praises. He is an awesome kid and its ashame that he was left out of the game. Hopefully he can use this as motivation for Vandy and show everybody what they were missing out on. Best of luck to ya John

Not only did John deserve to make the McDonald's game because of his stat line but also because of his work ethic and character. Im not saying that there aren't kids that don't work as hard or aren't as humble. But he is constantly working on his game and he does not sing his own praises. He is an awesome kid and its ashame that he was left out of the game. Hopefully he can use this as motivation for Vandy and show everybody what they were missing out on. Best of luck to ya John

Best high school player I have ever seen. Just might be the extra motivation that he needs to carry SC to wins over Upperman and LA and on to the State Tournament.

JJ is the real deal to me he is better at this point than Cory Brewer was and look what he's accomplished but saying that I also know those scouts take a lot of things in consideration and they know talent but John can prove himself at vandy; Station camp can beat anyone in the region with a good game, White house is solid but not spectacular well disciplined but neither should beat UHS or LA but could beat either if they don't bring their A game. Good luck BEES and WILDCATS.

43, 48, 38, 30, 55,--42.8

41, 57, 45, 32, 33,--41.6

34, 34, 51, 38, 35,--38.4

41, 36, 33, 47, 52,--41.8

45, 44, 48, 43, 60,--48.0

AVG.-42.5 1063 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR. DANG DUDE DON'T YOU EVER SLOW DOWN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ALSO WENT OVER 3,000 POINTS FOR HIS CAREER. HE MISSED HIS LAST 10 OR SO GAMES HIS SOPH YEAR WITH A KNEE INJURY.

AVG.-42.7 1109 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR. NOT A MCDONALDS ALL-AMERICAN. OH OKAY.

AVG.-42.7 1109 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR. NOT A MCDONALDS ALL-AMERICAN. OH OKAY.

46, 33,

AVG.-42.3 1142 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR.

Nice LB. You are very correct. Think about this, would you rather play in a McDonald's game or an NBA game? It doesn't matter to him if he gets the accolades that we want him to get. He wants that ring/ those rings. Good luck John and God bless you and your family it has been a joy to watch you play.