John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also said he led the nation in scoring, 62% FG percentage and I think it said 42% 3 pt %.

Hope he succeeds at Vandy.

According to ESPN, 42.5 ppg, 62% field goals, 48% three pointers. Not half bad. As a Vandy fan, I couldn't be more thrilled about Jenkins. I hope Prather decides to join him.

Nice that he got some face time last night. He should by all logical measures be a McDonalds All American tonight ... but, logical measures don't apply with those folks. Hope I'm proven wrong.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> What?

I don't know the %...but I'll guarantee his shooting % is better (way better) than 25%. IMO, bad post gator... If he was at the hs you support you wouldn't have said this.

If there are tons of kids that can score 40+, in that gameplan (whatever that means)...Where are they? Its been 15 to 20 years since anyone has averaged 40+ in Tennessee.

Im not saying he isnt a fine ballplayer. And yes I would have said it if he were at a HS I support. I have been there before, as I said in the original post.

And yes, there are a plenty of kids that could do it, if that were the gameplan. I have seen a lot of ball in my life.

LET ME CLARIFY RIGHT HERE: This Jenkins kid is a fine ballplayer. I wish him the very best in every endeavor. I mean that. I think he probably deserves whatever accolades come his way, and if that means he is Mr Basketball, I am fine with that.

HOWEVER. a 20 page slurpfest? I just think that this thread is over the top. He is a fine ball player. I have seen better, that got less attention.

As I said somewhere earlier in this thread. John Jenkins is shooting right around 60%. That, my friend, no matter how you want to hate on the kid, is unbelievable. This is not some ball hog running around, jacking up random shots. If you double team him, he plays for the offensive rebound and the fast break. If you run extra defenders at him, he beats you with his lighting quick and awkwardly high release. He is very smart and plays within what the defense is giving.

I wish him well, and it is sad to think the John Jenkins High School Experience is coming to close.

I am not HATING the kid. Honest. I dont know the kid. The 60% is superb. That is indeed quality basketball. I wish him the very best. And I have always been a big fan of the way Vandy runs their athletic program, so I would love to see him succeed at Vandy (except when he plays UF of course)

As I said before, I just think this thread is over the top. He still has a lot to prove. And maybe he will. If he becomes the player that some here already think he is, I will be the first to come back here and shout the praises. He is a fine basketball player. A very talented basketball player.

I wish him well.

According to ESPN, 42.5 ppg, 62% field goals, 48% three pointers. Not half bad. As a Vandy fan, I couldn't be more thrilled about Jenkins. I hope Prather decides to join him.

Nice that he got some face time last night. He should by all logical measures be a McDonalds All American tonight ... but, logical measures don't apply with those folks. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Politics are everything with those people. If the McDonalds folks read this thread he will be in for sho'!!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

smile, you know that one was funny

Politics are everything with those people. If the McDonalds folks read this thread he will be in for sho'!!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

smile, you know that one was funny

As much money as I put into their organization (3 happy-meal loving kids), they should give me a vote!

I don't think you're out of line at all. The 25% comment (hyperbole, I know) was the only thing that caught my eye. I don't have any expectation that he's going to come in and score 25 a game as a freshman - but I do think he can be an immediate contributor, and eventually a great SEC basketball player. And, frankly, he's joining an extremely talented (albeit young) group of players - having guys like Taylor, Ogilvy, Tinsley, and Beal around him should give him the opportunity to excel sooner than later.

It's worth noting that he also lit up some major summer leagues last year, and was identified at the time by several publications as the best shooter in his class.

THEY ANNOUNCE THE TEAM 2NITE?

Im not saying he isnt a fine ballplayer. And yes I would have said it if he were at a HS I support. I have been there before, as I said in the original post.

And yes, there are a plenty of kids that could do it, if that were the gameplan. I have seen a lot of ball in my life.

LET ME CLARIFY RIGHT HERE: This Jenkins kid is a fine ballplayer. I wish him the very best in every endeavor. I mean that. I think he probably deserves whatever accolades come his way, and if that means he is Mr Basketball, I am fine with that.

HOWEVER. a 20 page slurpfest? I just think that this thread is over the top. He is a fine ball player. I have seen better, that got less attention.

Not gonna argue with you, so this wil be it. I just don't think you wouldn't say that if he was at UHS (#1 you don't know the kid, #2 IMO, you'd be building him up every time you got on the T cause he was at UHS-we have read your post before.)

I disagree that there are tons of kids that could score 40+ in that gameplan..again whatever that means. The kid is a pure shooter. He has proven that in high school. He will have to continue that at every level he makes. This is also the same kid who lit up the nations best this past summer in AAU, who I am sure played a different gameplan than Station Camp.

You are not the only one who has watched a lot of ball in a lifetime...But you are entitled to your opinion. Just because you grew up around Magic doesn't make you the authority on BB.

20 page slurpfest?? Maybe so but don't read if it offends you or post on it.. I do agree he is a fine ball player and I have saw better as well... But to say what he does is not impressive from a guy who has saw as much basketball as you claim to have seen is almost laughable and I evidently let it rub me the wrong way. Oh and if you wish him the best...Why would this thread be so bothersome? I mean, think about it, the only reason he is getting this much attention is because some think there is something special about him.

Okay I'm done with my rebuttle.

Im still not impressed. No disrespect to the kid. Just was not impressed with him. There are a ton of kids out there that can score 40+ a game if that is the gameplan. I went to school with a kid that score over 50 many times, but shot under 25% for his career. woohoo.

I wish the Jenkins kid luck in every endeavor. And I hope you prove me wrong and become a star in the SEC.

I happened to come from an area where MANY local players went on to play, and some to STAR, on Division 1 teams.------ Several of these players also went on to play in the NBA. ---If coming from an area such as that makes you an authority on high school basketball, then maybe I can lay claim to knowing a little bit about the game. I also believe that I've probably watched as many or more high school games than you have.-----If you're not impressed with this young man's play, either you've not seen him play or you don't know anywhere near as much about the game as you think you do.-----I've seen a lot of good shooters and I've never seen one that I could say was a better shooter.(Maybe as good-- but not better) -------Saying there are a lot of kids that could average over 40 pts. a game is a joke.-----In another post you talked about his bad attitude.That is also a joke.----I've seen him play several times and never have I seen ANYTHING that would make me think he had a bad attitude. As a matter of fact, I've seen him hacked, bumped and roughed up without showing any emotion other than more determination.-------I've read your posts on other threads and frankly I thought you had more class than to get on here and put down a young man who IMO is one heck of a role model for other kids.

I happened to come from an area where MANY local players went on to play, and some to STAR, on Division 1 teams.------ Several of these players also went on to play in the NBA. ---If coming from an area such as that makes you an authority on high school basketball, then maybe I can lay claim to knowing a little bit about the game. I also believe that I've probably watched as many or more high school games than you have.-----If you're not impressed with this young man's play, either you've not seen him play or you don't know anywhere near as much about the game as you think you do.-----I've seen a lot of good shooters and I've never seen one that I could say was a better shooter.(Maybe as good-- but not better) -------Saying there are a lot of kids that could average over 40 pts. a game is a joke.-----In another post you talked about his bad attitude.That is also a joke.----I've seen him play several times and never have I seen ANYTHING that would make me think he had a bad attitude. As a matter of fact, I've seen him hacked, bumped and roughed up without showing any emotion other than more determination.-------I've read your posts on other threads and frankly I thought you had more class than to get on here and put down a young man who IMO is one heck of a role model for other kids.

Ouch.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />