Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

If I were a Hampton person, my concern would be this. Who is going to Coach football in the future. Its easy to look at all these area schools and see that good Coaches are extremely hard to come by. Unicoi and Unaka are 2 prime examples, they go through Coaches over and over ,but it don't seem like their success ever changes. Not to many proven winners out there. I can't see JC coaching to much longer and if Mike steps down ,where do you go from there. I'm not knocking these schools or coaches who have a hard time of achieving success. But its easy to see,something just ain't right. Hampton could get lucky and get a Great Coach ,but if you look around,the chances are pretty slim. I know the win ,loss percentages of all these area Coaches ,I know who wins and loses, the big winners are very few.

you do realize that people can go back and read your previous posts don't you?i thought mike didn't want to be the head coach??????????? drop this thread you are loosing more and more cred with every post and to be honest it's a little sad.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do realize that people can go back and read your previous posts don't you?i thought mike didn't want to be the head coach??????????? drop this thread you are loosing more and more cred with every post and to be honest it's a little sad.

You read everything wrong ,I said with Mike stepping down. He don't want the job ,don't you get it. I talked to Little Michael today and he said he was going to Avery. Just what I expected. Don't know what Mike is going to do ,but it won't be the head Coach at Hampton.

I think Rob is the next big winner in this area. I feel like he wins the games he is supposed to win and some of the games he ain't supposed to win. If he gets a complete staff, I feel like Cloudland can return to dominance. He needs a few more positive attitudes walking the sideline.

Robbie has done a decent job coaching cloudland but I don't think he can bring them back to being as dominant as they were in this area,not with the offense we are running now.I honestly think they ran off the best coach when ford baker left,no offense to robbie I just think he knew how to get the best out of each kid,and his offense reminded me alot of whats missing at cloudland now.

As far as the original question goes, I do know that Avery is wanting to hire Mike ,but I don't think its a job he will be able to take. He would be too far down on the totem pole as far as teaching goes and if they had to cut back on teachers, he could be stuck without a job. Just too big a risk .Him and Brewer are best of friends ,but the family comes first. He also enjoys home life alot ,so its going to take a good job to lure him in. I also know that bunches of kids at Hampton have talked to him about staying on , he really like these kids, so who knows ,he may just stay and help JC. The job pays nearly nothing for the amount of time and work it takes ,so if he does stay ,it would be solely for the kids. Its sort of crazy how they pay the assistants,they all make the same thing,and its very little.

As far as the original question goes, I do know that Avery is wanting to hire Mike ,but I don't think its a job he will be able to take. He would be too far down on the totem pole as far as teaching goes and if they had to cut back on teachers, he could be stuck without a job. Just too big a risk .Him and Brewer are best of friends ,but the family comes first. He also enjoys home life alot ,so its going to take a good job to lure him in. I also know that bunches of kids at Hampton have talked to him about staying on , he really like these kids, so who knows ,he may just stay and help JC. The job pays nearly nothing for the amount of time and work it takes ,so if he does stay ,it would be solely for the kids. Its sort of crazy how they pay the assistants,they all make the same thing,and its very little.

I know all counties are slightly different with how they pay coaches but I'd say 95% or more coaches (head or assistants) in TN. aren't paid enough to even notice it on their paycheck. If Mike stays I gaurantee it's only for the kids , if he was wanting to coach for pay he would have left for states like Georgia or Texas by now.

I know all counties are slightly different with how they pay coaches but I'd say 95% or more coaches (head or assistants) in TN. aren't paid enough to even notice it on their paycheck. If Mike stays I gaurantee it's only for the kids , if he was wanting to coach for pay he would have left for states like Georgia or Texas by now.

Coaches pay in NC is about double what it is in Tennessee, thats not really saying alot, the difference in the money comes with teaching, its ALOT more.

Will little Mike stay at Avery, now that Mike may stay on as an asst. coach to JC at Hampton? What kind of job will it take to "lure" Mike in?

Robbie has done a decent job coaching cloudland but I don't think he can bring them back to being as dominant as they were in this area,not with the offense we are running now.I honestly think they ran off the best coach when ford baker left,no offense to robbie I just think he knew how to get the best out of each kid,and his offense reminded me alot of whats missing at cloudland now.

Not arguing points. That is yours and zaza's, but I'm pretty sure they didn't run Ford off. He chose not to coach. His decision for family.

Will little Mike stay at Avery, now that Mike may stay on as an asst. coach to JC at Hampton? What kind of job will it take to "lure" Mike in?

Little Michael will stay at Avery either way, I really doubt Mike will Coach anywhere if not at Avery .The biggest thing it would take to get him over there is a position where he would have job security.

Little Michael will stay at Avery either way, I really doubt Mike will Coach anywhere if not at Avery .The biggest thing it would take to get him over there is a position where he would have job security.

If they don't, BAD loss on their part! We are about to see if Avery wants a football program!?!? Just my guess, they'll do WHAT ever it takes, I WOULD!!!!!!! Just tell Mike good luck for me.(just a Carter Co. football fan, not E-Town)

If they don't, BAD loss on their part! We are about to see if Avery wants a football program!?!? Just my guess, they'll do WHAT ever it takes, I WOULD!!!!!!! Just tell Mike good luck for me.(just a Carter Co. football fan, not E-Town)

I'm with you ,I think it would be a big mistake on their part , but I've seen some bad desisions made at alot of schools. Avery is one of the very biggest 1a schools in the state. They could be a great team.

That's right I am one of Coach Luns players who is staying on him to stay with us at Hampton. He is my coach and I respect him greatly. Little Luns trained me in the weight room my freshman year and I took 2nd place in the weight lifting that year.