DII Mr. Football Finalists

ehstiger09

Linemen

DII-AA: Wesley Johnson, MBA; Austin Long, Briarcrest; Thad McHaney, Brentwood Acad.

DII-A: Blair Arrington, Davidson Acad.; Daniel Gant, First Assembly; Will Rikard, Harding Acad.

Backs

DII-AA: Barry Brunetti, MUS; Tavarres Jefferson, Ensworth; Spencer Wise, MBA

DII-A: Marlon Brown, Harding Acad.; Ryan Dubois, SBEC; Justin Williams, Davidson Acad.

These are all great football players that are deserving of this award. Who do you think will or should win?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linemen

DII-AA: Wesley Johnson, MBA; Austin Long, Briarcrest; Thad McHaney, Brentwood Acad.

DII-A: Blair Arrington, Davidson Acad,; Don Gant, First Assembly; Will Rikard, Harding Acad.

Backs

DII-A: Marlon Brown, Harding Acad.; Ryan Dubois, SBEC; Justin Williams, Davidson Acad.

These are all great football players that are deserving of this award. Who do you think will or should win?

Just a quick correction that the lineman from FACS' name is Daniel Gant.

Just a quick correction that the lineman from FACS' name is Daniel Gant.

I would vote for Brunetti or Jefferson pending the outcomes of Friday's games. Wise is a great player but I think the other two are more intrinsic to their teams' success. Brunetti is a junior, so I might favor Tavarres.

Wesley Johnson gets my vote for lineman, but I did not get to see Austin Long play.

Brunetti is a junior, so I might favor Tavarres.

I understand your intentions but it appears that, just on that comment alone, Brunnetti is being punished for being a junior and Tavarres is being rewarded for being a senior. Shouldn't the winner get the selection purely on his merits?

I don't know ... maybe it's just me.

I am surprised Alex Bullard is not one of the finalists. I thought he'd be ahead of Thad McHaney--what do you middle TN people have to say? Were you surprised?

I was also expecting him to be on the list, and I am not sure why he isn't a finalist. All i can figure is that either McHaney is having a huge season, or Bullard is not as dominant as he was last year.

Linemen

DII-A: Blair Arrington, Davidson Acad.; Daniel Gant, First Assembly; Will Rikard, Harding Acad.

Backs

Based on results, Brunetti and Brown should win. They have taken their teams to the finals.