LA's New District

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they do well next season and seasons to come. LA is gonna have to do well to make the playoffs even in this new district. Someone help me on this, with LA being in this district/region (whatever you call it) and having so many 3-A schools and only one other 4-A school, are we not gonna have to go undefeated or at best have one loss (in our district) to make the playoffs plus do very well verses our non-district opponents to get a top seed??? Like district 9, they have 4 4-A teams, can they get by with 2+ losses to get in and maybe not do as well with non-district schedule to get in because of having more 4-A's in their district? Still confusing to me....Somebody help me!

PLAY0FFS??? YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?? PLAYOFFS???

LA should have a much easier time in the upcoming year considering their schedule will most likely go from state's toughest to weakest. They have improved drastically over the last 2 years and I think they are going in the right direction in terms of where they want to be. Do I think that next years team could compete in their old region...no, but that doesn't matter anymore. They finally have a legitimate shot of making the playoffs again and they should be competitive in each game they play.

The community and the kids are ready to make this transition and I think most fans are also ready for this to happen. Coach Lamb and his staff have done a good job developing some of the younger talent on the team and this should lead to future wins within the district and against non-district foes. It's a shame that too many people want to bash this program or another for that matter when they need to get behind the people running the show and support the kids regardless of the school.

I have a great deal of respect for each team in this new district. They are all well coached and have good athletes so it should make for a competitive district. Smith Co., York, and Dekalb Co. all had good seasons this year and must be considered the favorites for the playoffs until someone takes it away from them. In my opinion, LA has more than a good shot of taking it away from Dekalb Co. but the offseason must be filled with a great deal of preparation, which I'm sure it will be.

Good luck to each team in this new district, especially LA. I'm looking forward to witnessing a drastic turnaround in which all fans (you too Hound) can be proud of.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong here but under 4b it says that One half of the teams in each group (6A, 5A) in each district are automatic qualifiers. Therefore, the only game LA has with playoff implications is against DeKalb. Technically, if LA goes 1-9 beating only DeKalb they would be an automatic qualifier? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

LA should have a much easier time in the upcoming year considering their schedule will most likely go from state's toughest to weakest. They have improved drastically over the last 2 years and I think they are going in the right direction in terms of where they want to be. Do I think that next years team could compete in their old region...no, but that doesn't matter anymore. They finally have a legitimate shot of making the playoffs again and they should be competitive in each game they play.

The community and the kids are ready to make this transition and I think most fans are also ready for this to happen. Coach Lamb and his staff have done a good job developing some of the younger talent on the team and this should lead to future wins within the district and against non-district foes. It's a shame that too many people want to bash this program or another for that matter when they need to get behind the people running the show and support the kids regardless of the school.

I have a great deal of respect for each team in this new district. They are all well coached and have good athletes so it should make for a competitive district. Smith Co., York, and Dekalb Co. all had good seasons this year and must be considered the favorites for the playoffs until someone takes it away from them. In my opinion, LA has more than a good shot of taking it away from Dekalb Co. but the offseason must be filled with a great deal of preparation, which I'm sure it will be.

Good luck to each team in this new district, especially LA. I'm looking forward to witnessing a drastic turnaround in which all fans (you too Hound) can be proud of.

2 posts. Joined 50 minutes ago. Well welcome to coach t. I am sure you are a new poster. Yeah right. 1-9 in '07 and 1-9 in '08. Improved drastically? Develpoed younger talent?

That's untrue...

LA can beat DeKalb Co. but if DeKalb winds up with a better overall district record then DC will go to the playoffs. If DC beats LA but LA ends up with the better district record then they'll be the playoff team. Head to head only comes into play if the two teams end up with identical district records.

One of the 2 (LA or DC) will represent the district in 4A, but not necessarily who wins head to head but who has the best overall record.

2 posts. Joined 50 minutes ago. Well welcome to coach t. I am sure you are a new poster. Yeah right. 1-9 in '07 and 1-9 in '08. Improved drastically? Develpoed younger talent?

Not interested in having dialogue with you. Make your observations if you wish, but know your negativity will not effect my opinions.

That's untrue...

LA can beat DeKalb Co. but if DeKalb winds up with a better overall district record then DC will go to the playoffs. If DC beats LA but LA ends up with the better district record then they'll be the playoff team. Head to head only comes into play if the two teams end up with identical district records.

One of the 2 (LA or DC) will represent the district in 4A, but not necessarily who wins head to head but who has the best overall record.

I think I might get it, maybe. According to the T$$AA, the top two teams are automatically in. If DC is #1 and LA #2, then both are automatic qualifiers. The language isn't really that great but it seems to imply that no less than half of the teams are automatic. Rule #1 half of teams are in, Rule #2 top two teams are in. If you don't fall under one or the other, you got a wild card chance. A little better than what I originally thought.

I think I might get it, maybe. According to the T$$AA, the top two teams are automatically in. If DC is #1 and LA #2, then both are automatic qualifiers. The language isn't really that great but it seems to imply that no less than half of the teams are automatic. Rule #1 half of teams are in, Rule #2 top two teams are in. If you don't fall under one or the other, you got a wild card chance. A little better than what I originally thought.

You may be right.... I haven't heard this piece to the puzzle but it would make sense. I would hate to see both LA and DC finish at the top and one be left out.

Not interested in having dialogue with you. Make your observations if you wish, but know your negativity will not effect my opinions.

Welcome to coacht catilac! BARACK just joined in September and that makes him a veteran /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (come on BARACK be nice to the new ones /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> ). I have been a member two years but that don't mean i know any thing about sports /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> !