LA's New District

LA_Wildcats

I bet that little dudes head is hurting!!! Do you know what the Cats are doing now to get ready for next season?? Are they in the weight room yet? I heard that Shane Qualls is back on the staff, is that true??

Hopefully many of our opponents heads will be hurting if we work hard starting now until next season. I was told that the weight program should start after the thanksgiving holidays. Yes Shane is coming out of retirement and will be on the staff next season. He coached for 9 years before taking a 4 year absence. During those 4 years he stayed active in the Outlaws program and should be commended for his efforts. I am glad that Shane has decided to come back on board and help teach these kids the game of football as well as the game of life. I just wish that everyone associated with LA football would try and work together and pull in the same direction. It's about the kids not the coaches or anyone else. We could have something special here if everyone had the same goals.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully many of our opponents heads will be hurting if we work hard starting now until next season. I was told that the weight program should start after the thanksgiving holidays. Yes Shane is coming out of retirement and will be on the staff next season. He coached for 9 years before taking a 4 year absence. During those 4 years he stayed active in the Outlaws program and should be commended for his efforts. I am glad that Shane has decided to come back on board and help teach these kids the game of football as well as the game of life. I just wish that everyone associated with LA football would try and work together and pull in the same direction. It's about the kids not the coaches or anyone else. We could have something special here if everyone had the same goals.

I thought that I had heard that. That's good. Shane will definately be an asset.

That's well said there RC. Now if you will define "about the kids not the coaches." What's about the kids? I know that is politicly correct but what does it mean.

8-28 Stone Memorial W

9-4 Smith Co. L

9-11 Cumberland Co. W

9-18 Upperman W

9-25 White Co. W

10-2 Cannon Co. W

10-9 Anderson Co. L

10-16 York W

10-23 Macon Co. W

10-30 DeKalb Co. L

Looks like 7-3 to me

York & White Co. are the only two games of the 7 wins you listed that could even be close. That's only because York is one of those rivalry games where you throw out the records, and because White Co. does have some talent, they just can't put it together. The other 5 games should be comfortable wins for the 'Cats. I'm sure the last several teams that played at LA are looking at this schedule thinking, "Why couldn't we have had this schedule?"

Exciting times are on the way! Shane's on board. RC's on board. The fans are on board. Everyone else better be on the lookout. Buttermilk Avenue, Sweet Milk Street, Hog-Eye, Hog-Eye Can't Be Beat!!

York & White Co. are the only two games of the 7 wins you listed that could even be close. That's only because York is one of those rivalry games where you throw out the records, and because White Co. does have some talent, they just can't put it together. The other 5 games should be comfortable wins for the 'Cats. I'm sure the last several teams that played at LA are looking at this schedule thinking, "Why couldn't we have had this schedule?"

Exciting times are on the way! Shane's on board. RC's on board. The fans are on board. Everyone else better be on the lookout. Buttermilk Avenue, Sweet Milk Street, Hog-Eye, Hog-Eye Can't Be Beat!!

I really think that you are giving LA some undeserved credit. I don't think that ANY of these teams are comfortable wins after the way we have been playing. You people have some very short memories obviously. You take any of the teams from 1990 to 2005 and they would be easy comfortable wins. I just don't have very much faith right now in LA. If they work hard this offseason then MAYBE they are comfortable wins but I'm sure these other teams will be working hard too. I would be willing to bet that we are circled as a win on the so called 'comfortable win' teams schedule.

The funny thing in all this is how all the LA faithful are predicting 7-8 wins. Cumberland Co, White Co, Macon Co, Stone Mem, may be saying here's a team that's 3-27 in the last 3 years and they are letting on like playing us will be a walk in the park. All the teams I mentioned earlier may be saying the same thing about LA. When they look at there schedule they may be putting a W by LA. Just a thought. T-N-T

I really think that you are giving LA some undeserved credit. I don't think that ANY of these teams are comfortable wins after the way we have been playing. You people have some very short memories obviously. You take any of the teams from 1990 to 2005 and they would be easy comfortable wins. I just don't have very much faith right now in LA. If they work hard this offseason then MAYBE they are comfortable wins but I'm sure these other teams will be working hard too. I would be willing to bet that we are circled as a win on the so called 'comfortable win' teams schedule.

Unbelievable HH. What's the old saying about GREAT minds?

All the teams I mentioned earlier may be saying the same thing about LA. When they look at there schedule they may be putting a W by LA. Just a thought. T-N-T

I never thought of this. Man, we should just drop the program. There's no way we can beat Macon Co., Cumberland Co, Stone Memorial, Upperman, White Co., or Cannon Co. Seriously, they have already put a W in the win column. Another 1-9 season is ahead of us...if we can beat Stone again!!

Come on, get a clue. Those teams (Macon Co, Cumberland Co, Stone Memorial, & White Co.) won a combined 5 games. 2 of those 5 wins came against each other. These programs aren't and haven't ever been good. It's not going to change in '09. And as for Cannon Co., Upperman, & York, all 3 teams lose a ton of seniors and the other guys aren't very talented. If we were playing in the 90's or early 2000's they'd be more than 'comfortable' victories. But, since we are playing in '09 we'll just have to stick with comfortable. There's no way those 7 teams should beat us, regardless of where we play. And there's no way they will beat us in '09. Mark it down. T - N - T!!

GO CATS!!!

I never thought of this. Man, we should just drop the program. There's no way we can beat Macon Co., Cumberland Co, Stone Memorial, Upperman, White Co., or Cannon Co. Seriously, they have already put a W in the win column. Another 1-9 season is ahead of us...if we can beat Stone again!!

Come on, get a clue. Those teams (Macon Co, Cumberland Co, Stone Memorial, & White Co.) won a combined 5 games. 2 of those 5 wins came against each other. These programs aren't and haven't ever been good. It's not going to change in '09. And as for Cannon Co., Upperman, & York, all 3 teams lose a ton of seniors and the other guys aren't very talented. If we were playing in the 90's or early 2000's they'd be more than 'comfortable' victories. But, since we are playing in '09 we'll just have to stick with comfortable. There's no way those 7 teams should beat us, regardless of where we play. And there's no way they will beat us in '09. Mark it down. T - N - T!!

GO CATS!!!

Add LA to that list and that will make 6. Nobody said drop the program, I'm only saying a team with 3 wins in 3 years shouldn't be predicting to many wins IMO. Of course as you say if that "younger developed talent" comes through good things may be ahead. T-N-T

GO CATS!!!

If my memory serves me correct I believe that Macon Co. went pretty deep in the playoffs a couple years in a row about 4 or 5 years ago. So yes they were pretty good at one time(There is your clue). As for White Co., they have always had better athletes than Livingston so with a little luck they could beat us too. York has always played LA tough and vice versa. Again, it all depends on how good or bad of an offseason that we have.