Warren County Lady Pioneers

14pioneers

True, I think an out-of-town person with no ties would be a good fit. I always thought the best in the county should be able to play at middle school, just like county kids do with baseball, football, and soccer. If they don't make it, they could go back to play in their own elementary school. Then you could have your best playing together, building chemistry and learning by playing harder competition. The ones that didn't make it, can have more playing time and hopefully develop more skills. Just my 2 cents. I just want these girls to do well, I have said that for years. Some of you may believe me, some not. Good luck with the Lady Warriors tonight!!!

It is my understanding from a very reliable source that all of you will soon have the opportunity to sign the letter and get your copy in the hands of your school board member... and I expect to see alot of involvement from all of you out there who are making these comments about wanting change. I have heard this garbage until I am sick to my stomach. Everyone is all for change until the letter is put in front of them and then they start backing away-- my daughter is a teacher in the school system, my daughter is coming to the high school next year and I don't want it held against her, my wife is a teacher, my children have graduated and I'm through with it, My dog's name is ANDY! I've heard every excuse in the book. Make certain that if this year goes by and the people of this county don't speak up, there will not be change nor will there ever be another opportunity such as this. You also will not have a basketball team next year because only 2 of the current players are returning. The rest are quitting, no let me rephrase that, they have already QUIT! If you don't believe me just show up to one of the few remaining games and take a look for yourself.

Call the school board member representing your area now and express your displeasure with what's happening. Not just with the basketball coaches but from the principal on down. Then if the Standard will do as they are supposed to do and PRINT the letter, you will have a chance to read and sign it for yourself. It has been sent to them and now they say they would print it if it was signed. We're about to find out because it's going back to them with a page full of signatures. Do your part and get involved!!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are having the same problem, and we are just two cities over from WC. Our players wrote the director of schools a letter, they were not coached they wrote it from there hearts. Each letter was sealed and delivered to our Director. I have not read a letter but from what i understand, some of the letters would rip your heart open. What your school leaders need to understand is, this is about your kids and nothing else. And we as adults need to also understand that its not all about winning, its about molding a young child into a promising adult. If it is as bad as it sounds, you dont need to hide behind a letter or run to the school board member, go straight to the head of the stream. Your Director does not want the board to be bothered, because that is who he answers too and who hires him. Demand a meeting with the director stop worry about the kids because it sounds like they are willing to wash their hands of the program anyway.

Bottom line do what is right for the kids!!!!!

Good Luck

About the game tomorrow night, does siegel have any injuries we should be concerned about? Coach Bush has them playing well right now, just seeing if there could be any upset? Now responding to pioneerparent's post; if anyone could watch one of our games right now, they would agree that there is NO passion in these girls which breaks my heart because they are all great kids! They understand and their parents understand that they have hitched their wagon to a tree stump and this team is going nowhere. All I say is girls, pick your head up, play hard, and let NO ONE take your pride away from you!!!!!

About the game tomorrow night, does siegel have any injuries we should be concerned about? Coach Bush has them playing well right now, just seeing if there could be any upset? Now responding to pioneerparent's post; if anyone could watch one of our games right now, they would agree that there is NO passion in these girls which breaks my heart because they are all great kids! They understand and their parents understand that they have hitched their wagon to a tree stump and this team is going nowhere. All I say is girls, pick your head up, play hard, and let NO ONE take your pride away from you!!!!!

Injuries to be concerned about ?? Are you kidding "Hoop20" /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> But, I just noticed that there are nearly 10,500 hits on the Warren County Girls thread this year, almost 4,000 more than on the boys thread. Is there any doubt about the interest of Lady Pioneer Basketball ??? We need Change, just like America needed change in Barrack Obama. Our current situation IS NOT WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!