Warren County Lady Pioneers

14pioneers

20, on a serious note too, there is certainly high value on a good teacher. Good teachers are certainly as valuable as a coach, and many times more and typically have as much influence as do principals, asst principals, in a school system. The education system in every County needs qualified people to help students especially with society changing and with students needing good role models thru the high school years, even Warren County. The discipline structure in high schools today changes like the wind and is very static. Many times the lack of it can change the whole community life thruout the year and constantly has to be watched to see what it means to a community. If indeed a Coach recognizes the thing to do is not to continue coaching, and that has just been posted to be true, Warren County surely is not in a position to not want a great teacher to influence their students and surely coaching is not the only attribute one, anyone, brings to the table. In some school systems, recently posted, schools are full of coaches that are teachers and qualify for many subjects needed for the system. Sometimes it requires a little more upgrading of qualifications but solidifies ones position in the school system. Sometimes coaches, again posted, get themselves in a "burned out" situation with their coaching or other wise and need a breather for a few years to return rejunivated. It has happened recently close to Warren. Happiness with what someone does generally is a criteria for doing a good job and allows one to reevaluate their own situation. Without that one can only try to succeed but find no way to achieve any goals and be unhappy with the way their life is going. It is not good for anyone to hang their career on something thatr their own goals cannot be met. Its a prescription for disaster.

Why are there so many posts on Tullahoma and Warren County girls basketball? There are similarities in the two programs. Both programs have been somewhat inept in girls basketball. Why? I believe the bottom line reason is both communities don't really care that much about girls basketball. Warren County has elementary basketball and middle school basketball to feed the high school. If the people who make the decisions about coaching could come together and treat the situation as a problem that needed to be solved, I believe Warren County could be more competitive. Hire coaches that teach the fundamentals and really love working with children/young girls. Coaches that want to coach and not people just to fill in and don't really care. The middle school girls coach should be an arm of the high school staff. That coach should be included in the philosophy and strategy of the high shcool, not on his or her own to just coach. There needs to be continuity throughout the girls program.

Elementary players need to know the high school coach. The high school coach should be visible at the middle school games. The high school coach should have an inexpensive camp in the summer for the girls of the county. In the Spring and Summer months the high school coach should help find qualified coaches to develop talent by way of travel or AAU teams. The gym at WC should have designated times for young players to come and workout, but not to violate the dead period of the TSSAA. Good PR by using the newpaper and radio to let the people of WC know what your team is doing is another way to promote the program. The answer is really qite simple work, work, work, study the game as a coach, and promote and pray that one day that "great player" happens to come your way and they will. But if you languish in woe is me and woe is us, that "great player will leave and go somewhere else and end up beating you over and over. If I had a daughter and all she athletically could be is a role player, but she really loved the competition, I would see that she had the opportunity to play in a positive situation where the coach and community cared about girls basektball. Did you see Ronnie Carter's interview? Crazy things have been done to get a child eligible to play in this state. That will not happen in a community that does not care and Tullahoma and WC don't really care. Look at the girls that leave THS and go play elsewhere. There is a formula for success some just choose not to follow that path. The Coach at WC is fighting a losing battle, she works hard, she is knowledgeable; I don't wish her bad luck. It is almost like she is beaten down by the circumstances, but give her credit she has not quit. Tullahoma on the other hand changes coaches at the high school quite often; though I believe the present coach is safe for awhile. Coaching should be fun and I don't think it is fun for too many at WC and THS.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHargis not sure what you just said felt like reading Shakespeare. Although I must say Eades has a differant tone at the girls games lately for the better I think. The girls seems to be insink more. Still need a better defensive stance on the court. Only saw two of the girls box out at the last game. Rebounds at the free thrown line are none existant. They just watch it being rebounded by the other team. Also respect goes both ways. Remember she's been at this a long time and feels above the law. These parents have intrusted in her their most precious possesion their daughters. So what ever you just tried to say doesn't make sense.

You obviously have not read the "letter"! There is a reason all is calm at the ole Charlie Dalton gym. Trust me, they are in big trouble this time and they know it. You need to sign the letter and let's end this now. I've heard there are over 800 signatures asking for resignation. You can sign it at area businesses in McTown or contact the school board member in your district.

For some reason i have been keeping up with this subject, and i guess after 13 pages i am going to post. though i am not from wc, i do have friends there and wish them all the best, but if i was a student athlete i would be looking for away out of there. I feel sorry for these girls, the way the fans and parents act, the lack of interest by the school leaders, who would want to play there. You know just telling these kids good job goes along way and i dont see that happening. The time to make changes in a High School program is not during the season and on coacht its after the season is over. These girls are working hard and they dont need to read this type of garbage during the season!! For the sake of the kids let this rest until the season is over support the players incourage them all you can and when the season is over address this issue with the School Board and try to make some positive changes. Good Luck Girls keep your heads up and play hard for each other.

You obviously have not read the "letter"! There is a reason all is calm at the ole Charlie Dalton gym. Trust me, they are in big trouble this time and they know it. You need to sign the letter and let's end this now. I've heard there are over 800 signatures asking for resignation. You can sign it at area businesses in McTown or contact the school board member in your district.

I have been a pioneer fan all my life and I know the ladies are struggling this season BUT it seems unfair to call out Coach Eades when the WHOLE sports programs at W.C.H.S are bad.. LOOK at our football 5 losing seasons in a row 4 playoff loses in a row our girls softball you got to have a calculator to add up coach uptons losses..PEOPLE its all a mess not just basketball and when you clean up a mess you need to clean it all up including having a LETTER for the other coaches with horrible records..AND I know every coach at W.C. is a good person BUT will that win games ABSOLUTLEY NOT...There records speaks for itself

I have been a pioneer fan all my life and I know the ladies are struggling this season BUT it seems unfair to call out Coach Eades when the WHOLE sports programs at W.C.H.S are bad.. LOOK at our football 5 losing seasons in a row 4 playoff loses in a row our girls softball you got to have a calculator to add up coach uptons losses..PEOPLE its all a mess not just basketball and when you clean up a mess you need to clean it all up including having a LETTER for the other coaches with horrible records..AND I know every coach at W.C. is a good person BUT will that win games ABSOLUTLEY NOT...There records speaks for itself

You have obviously not read the "letter" either. It calls for a complete overhaul of the entire program from the principal and athletic director on down. You people need to quit whining on here and go sign the letter, write one of your own or do something to make things happen. I promise you, CHANGE is about to take place. And I'm not talking about Obama here.

You have obviously not read the "letter" either. It calls for a complete overhaul of the entire program from the principal and athletic director on down. You people need to quit whining on here and go sign the letter, write one of your own or do something to make things happen. I promise you, CHANGE is about to take place. And I'm not talking about Obama here.

admirer thank you for telling me. I have not seen the letter and I am not whining im stating facts according to the numbers and records...Its time for CHANGE...

Sign the letter? Isnt that what got her the job this last time? Our great supporters signing a letter to "give" her the job. Its so easy to see, you cant make anybody in Warren County sports happy. Politics is the name of the game. I lived here my whole life too. Im a fan, supporter, and a parent of a child in the sports program. If she does lose her job I hope its not cause of a freaking letter some mad parents and players are passing around. Every sport and every program "we"(meaning wc supporters) have somebody screams "fire the coach". This is a joke. Pat Head Summitt couldnt make some of you people happy. You'd still have something to complain about. Am I a big Eades fan? Not really but she is our coach and we have to live with it.

Sign the letter? Isnt that what got her the job this last time? Our great supporters signing a letter to "give" her the job. Its so easy to see, you cant make anybody in Warren County sports happy. Politics is the name of the game. I lived here my whole life too. Im a fan, supporter, and a parent of a child in the sports program. If she does lose her job I hope its not cause of a freaking letter some mad parents and players are passing around. Every sport and every program "we"(meaning wc supporters) have somebody screams "fire the coach". This is a joke. Pat Head Summitt couldnt make some of you people happy. You'd still have something to complain about. Am I a big Eades fan? Not really but she is our coach and we have to live with it.

I've read all the posts on this subject and I would like to say, I too am a fan, supporter, and parent of a player in the program. First, let me say that I think Ann is a very nice person and she obviously knows the game of basketball. But just knowing the game doesn't make you an effective coach. Earning the respect of the players, parents, and the community is part of it too. Right now, the program needs a change and just like any sport up to the NFL, you have to start with the coach. The AD is supposed to do what's best for WC sports and he is not doing that and should be replaced also. Whoever posted about the girls being at fault for the program's losses, obviously doesn't have or hasn't had a child play in the girls HS program. Ask the players and former players. WC has a great feeder program through the jaycees and the middle and county schools. Most every player, boys and girls teams, plays AAU basketball at the middle school and have been for several years. There are so many talented players that won't play in the HS program the way it is now. They have no chance for a scholarship in girls basketball and won't risk injury to play for nothing. There are also so many talented players that are playing jaycees ball instead of school ball. With the size of WCHS, we should be competetive with every school in our district. WC desperately needs to have some pride back in the basketball program but it will take change from the top. Go Pioneers!!!

I've read all the posts on this subject and I would like to say, I too am a fan, supporter, and parent of a player in the program. First, let me say that I think Ann is a very nice person and she obviously knows the game of basketball. But just knowing the game doesn't make you an effective coach. Earning the respect of the players, parents, and the community is part of it too. Right now, the program needs a change and just like any sport up to the NFL, you have to start with the coach. The AD is supposed to do what's best for WC sports and he is not doing that and should be replaced also. Whoever posted about the girls being at fault for the program's losses, obviously doesn't have or hasn't had a child play in the girls HS program. Ask the players and former players. WC has a great feeder program through the jaycees and the middle and county schools. Most every player, boys and girls teams, plays AAU basketball at the middle school and have been for several years. There are so many talented players that won't play in the HS program the way it is now. They have no chance for a scholarship in girls basketball and won't risk injury to play for nothing. There are also so many talented players that are playing jaycees ball instead of school ball. With the size of WCHS, we should be competetive with every school in our district. WC desperately needs to have some pride back in the basketball program but it will take change from the top. Go Pioneers!!!

GREAT post soccerx3 I agree..

Very good post "soccerx3", however, The part about Coach Eades being a "nice" person is very debatable. Anyone who has had a child or family friends child, who has played for this lady would beg to disagree with that statement. For the most part, she is a paranoid, vindictive person with anyone not on board with her madness and she was a great player, but she IS NOT a good coach, and has a very limited intellect of the nuiances of the game. I do love your post however. and hope to read more soon.

Ok let me say some really great postings! Took me all day to read them. After hearing about this sight I decided to check it out, and find out what all the talk around town is. I also read the letter that everyone is speaking of. I think changes are coming from what I have heard in the gym tonight. It really disturbs me to find out whats happening behind closed doors during half time and at practices. Are these Coaches not also Teachers? Is there not a good code of conduct they need to follow? I can understand a little slip of the tounge once, yelling that's expected. I can just hear the kids laughing "Did you hear what coach said". That's ok mistakes happen, but there is just no excuse for the F word on a regular bases if infact that is whats happening. Its a school team for gods sake. These aren't grown-ups in the NBA getting paid millions to play. They do it for the love of the game the ones that don't love it stopped playing in 6th grade. The kids are supposed to learn from your example. What are they teaching our students at WCHS to curse and brake out in an uncontrolable rage. The letter also speaks of projectiles being thrown. Not smart Coach! Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. On the boys sight someone mentioned the 3rd quarter killing us, well thats after half time people. WHAT EXACTLEY IS GOING ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS? Very disturbing indeed. As far as having closed practices I see no problem with that. At that age that's expected. I for one wouldn't want my mom or dad hovering over at the gym. But a Coach should be trust worthy enough to mentor our kids, and teach them team work, motivate them, and inspire them to win. A coach has to be a teacher, preacher, mother, father, and mentor all wrapped up in one package for 2 hours a day 5 days a week. I understand they don't get paid a lot for coaching but if they are doing it for the money their in the wrong line of work! Sorry this was so long but I had a lot to say.