Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

Yeah, how can I be a hater when I said I wish he was still here and is a good player and fine young man?

Mcthirty's post is right on the money. Very good team that play together!

Great win last night against Dekalb. Several three's, great passing for the most part and all players contributed.

Congratulations Pioneers and Coach Smith!

Both Coach Smith's have done a good job and a win is a win thats what you build on. I think there is a good foundation here at Warren Co. if you ever go to the Civic center during a school break look at the gym you will see about half if not more of the basketball team there about an hour after regular practice playing and having FUN together. Thats a good thing for W.C. basketball . I agree nitro Great win !!!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Coach Smith's have done a good job and a win is a win thats what you build on. I think there is a good foundation here at Warren Co. if you ever go to the Civic center during a school break look at the gym you will see about half if not more of the basketball team there about an hour after regular practice playing and having FUN together. Thats a good thing for W.C. basketball . I agree nitro Great win !!!!!

Your right because you have to put in more time than practice. Also I'm around basketball alot and one thing that I haven't seen is Warren Co. holding any tournaments. Seen younger teams on road but not older group unless its a high school event. Must get those guys on road or bringing the action to them. Kids can play against each other all they want but if you play better players you get better. FACT. Keeping them together is ok but really need to get the best on the road and keep the rest together. Have plenty of info and support on finding teams for kids to play on. All for the pioneers and all Tn schools. Will do my part to help any kid.Its a must to get those younger kids on that same path because your only as good as your feeder school. Can not wait to Middle school to start learning and the foundation must start when those kids are little. High school coaches must get involved when they are little not when they get to high school. One last note ....Those parents that don't know the game please stop coaching these kids. Lot want there kid to have star roles but you must learn to earn ! Players must be /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> for the program and game.

Your right because you have to put in more time than practice. Also I'm around basketball alot and one thing that I haven't seen is Warren Co. holding any tournaments. Seen younger teams on road but not older group unless its a high school event. Must get those guys on road or bringing the action to them. Kids can play against each other all they want but if you play better players you get better. FACT. Keeping them together is ok but really need to get the best on the road and keep the rest together. Have plenty of info and support on finding teams for kids to play on. All for the pioneers and all Tn schools. Will do my part to help any kid.Its a must to get those younger kids on that same path because your only as good as your feeder school. Can not wait to Middle school to start learning and the foundation must start when those kids are little. High school coaches must get involved when they are little not when they get to high school. One last note ....Those parents that don't know the game please stop coaching these kids. Lot want there kid to have star roles but you must learn to earn ! Players must be /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> for the program and game.

I agree hunger for the game but they also must be coachable that starts with parents respecting coaches not telling there kid that thier coach is doing a bad job . Afew of the freashman played at hoopstown this fall and most of the freashman team has played AAU for about 5 years now and you can tell in there game compitition helps

The Smith's work with kids every Saturday morning at the high school gym. Go check it out. I believe ages 5-10 or so.

The middle school is a good feeder program. Coach Moore does a good job.

W.C.'s problem is that most kids don't want to work hard and earn what they get and can't take it when a coach gets on their butt!

I agree hunger for the game but they also must be coachable that starts with parents respecting coaches not telling there kid that thier coach is doing a bad job . Afew of the freashman played at hoopstown this fall and most of the freashman team has played AAU for about 5 years now and you can tell in there game compitition helps

NO MATTER WHAT COACHES DO THEY WILL BE BLAMED. YOU CAN HAVE A PERFECT SEASON AND THEY WILL FIND SOMETHING WRONG. THINGS CHANGE FOR KIDS AT MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. YOU CAN MAKE THE TEAM BUT CAN YOU MAKE THE ROTATION ? JR PRO LEAGUES YOU PAY TO PLAY. NOT AT SCHOOL LEVEL THE BEST WILL PLAY AND THEY WILL PLUG OTHERS IN WHEN THEY GET A CHANCE. THAT'S WHY WE MUST STRESS THINGS LIKE THIS WHEN THEY ARE LITTLE TO PREPARE THEM TO PREPARE THE RIGHT WAY. PARENTS JUST WANT THE BEST BUT REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE COACHING SYSTEM FROM LIL LEAGUE TO THE BIG LEAGUE.

NO MATTER WHAT COACHES DO THEY WILL BE BLAMED. YOU CAN HAVE A PERFECT SEASON AND THEY WILL FIND SOMETHING WRONG. THINGS CHANGE FOR KIDS AT MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. YOU CAN MAKE THE TEAM BUT CAN YOU MAKE THE ROTATION ? JR PRO LEAGUES YOU PAY TO PLAY. NOT AT SCHOOL LEVEL THE BEST WILL PLAY AND THEY WILL PLUG OTHERS IN WHEN THEY GET A CHANCE. THAT'S WHY WE MUST STRESS THINGS LIKE THIS WHEN THEY ARE LITTLE TO PREPARE THEM TO PREPARE THE RIGHT WAY. PARENTS JUST WANT THE BEST BUT REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE COACHING SYSTEM FROM LIL LEAGUE TO THE BIG LEAGUE.

Warren County defeats Lincoln County last night 56-51. Great job guys !!

What happened to the student section @ home games? I see a few, but nothing like years past. Where has the school spirit gone?

It would be nice for those boys to have some support from their fellow peers! However, if they are gonna come and take pictures of the scoreboard like they did the year that Oakland almost scored 100 points, and laugh at their on team I had just rather they stay at home!

It would be nice for those boys to have some support from their fellow peers! However, if they are gonna come and take pictures of the scoreboard like they did the year that Oakland almost scored 100 points, and laugh at their on team I had just rather they stay at home!

I have to agree with you on that. They're probably the ones that quit the team because they couldn't be the star and think they are the stuff because they score some points in the Jaycee league.

I have to agree with you on that. They're probably the ones that quit the team because they couldn't be the star and think they are the stuff because they score some points in the Jaycee league.

I know for sure a couple of them were! Never understood how you can laugh at others who are giving alot of effort and all your doing is sitting in the stands dipping your skoal???

Pioneers , get ready for some "good ole home cooking " Tues. at Coffee County. If I were Coach Smith, I would demand 7aaa officials for the game.

The Warren County freashman traveled to Riverdale last night and came home winners a good defense and overall team play got them the win . Casey Locke had about 24 pts Hunter Danels had 3 threes Mitchel McCorkle and Jacob Reagan had 5 assits a piece. This team whole sees the court well and gets the ball to the open man lots of fun to watch Coach Smith did a good job of having the right people in the game at the right time Congrats on coming home from the Boro with the W. GOOD LUCK VARSITY tonight at COFFEE COUNTY