Hume Fogg leaving 9AA to go to 9AA

NumbersDontLie

Seems to me that Hume-Fogg got the short end of the stick. TSSAA wanted to balance out the districts, so you have 7 schools in 9-AA and 8 schools in 10-AA. So now, HF has long road trips in District games to Macon County (1 hour 30 minutes), Westmorland (1 hour), Sycamore (45 minutes) instead of 15 minute trips to Pearl-Cohn and East.

I guess you could make arguments for sending MLK or Whites Creek to 9-AA, but the same arguments for HF would be in play for them. If only had DCA remained in DI, HF would probably be in 10-AA.

Feel sorry for the parents, coaches student-athletes and fans for the next four years. Hope gasoline prices remain reasonable for the next four years.

Seems to me that Hume-Fogg got the short end of the stick. TSSAA wanted to balance out the districts, so you have 7 schools in 9-AA and 8 schools in 10-AA. So now, HF has long road trips in District games to Macon County (1 hour 30 minutes), Westmorland (1 hour), Sycamore (45 minutes) instead of 15 minute trips to Pearl-Cohn and East.

I guess you could make arguments for sending MLK or Whites Creek to 9-AA, but the same arguments for HF would be in play for them. If only had DCA remained in DI, HF would probably be in 10-AA.

Feel sorry for the parents, coaches student-athletes and fans for the next four years. Hope gasoline prices remain reasonable for the next four years.

I feel for them in they for sure have to travel more than most for district games, but there is no way it is a hour and a half from Macon Co to Nashville.