Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

to Etathelte AND Southfan23 ..........MANY players from the Kingsport area have been invited (through the years) to play in this game. Some played and some didn't! .... Several years ago....Jake McMillen played , Burnett (the QB from Maryville) played, Bo Burton (QB from DB) didn't play.....The bottom line is that each player needs to determine if they need the "exposure"! 1 CP was invited.... but he turned it down (I guess he must have been looking forward to the "BADGER BUS"... rather than riding the short bus - as you stated!) Each and every game played adds a physical risk . Each player has to weigh of the positives and negatives of these types of opportunties (and "honors"). 2 The All Star game "players" are chosen by ????? (who knows) Sure, its a honor ....3but if you don't play are you an idiot? NO! There are many, many variables in these types of decisions!!!! Speaking in absolutes is really ridiculous! There are several players who probably "deserve" to be in that game... but they won't be... either by their choice or by the "committee's choice"! 4 When you have players that receive the highest Conference awards.... TF - PLAYER OF THE YEAR, TG - DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR,Sheppard - OFFENSIVE PLALYER OF THE YEAR....and they aren't playing.... whats that say? LOTS OF PLAYERS DESERVE TO BE THERE... Don't misinterpret what I am saying....I am THRILLED for BD! He deserves it and the exposure will certanily help him! He is a very talented young man who has alot to offer a program at the next level....4 it is irritating to hear fans "probably parents" speak in such absolutes when they have limited knowledge. No I don't know it all .... I certainly know enough to know better! PEACE!!!!!

GOOD SEASON REBELS! LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR! Can't wait to see BT,BigG,little G, STClaire, JLogue, CP,Cassell, and everyone else in action!!!!

1. Phillips knew where he was going LONG before this game rolled around, why should he play.

2. I've always heard and been told a coaches ballot.

3. Dont recall anyone calling these kids Idiots

4. Dunno, I know most of thier names were submitted by Coach Carter but no picked, a shame for sure.

5. Unless you yourself work directly for the TSSAA I include you in this group along with myself

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Phillips knew where he was going LONG before this game rolled around, why should he play.

2. I've always heard and been told a coaches ballot.

3. Dont recall anyone calling these kids Idiots

4. Dunno, I know most of thier names were submitted by Coach Carter but no picked, a shame for sure.

5. Unless you yourself work directly for the TSSAA I include you in this group along with myself

My boy Jamie Crawford was asked to play in it but turned down the offer because

he is more interested in playing baseball.I respect his decision.As someone has already

said,its another chance to get hurt.A couple more DB players besides Z.Fleming were also

asked.Alot of players across the state were asked also.

I read evey posts that you've made, and now it's time for me to speak up. I'm not even going to waste my breath on the obvious, Barb has addressed your ridiculous behavior regarding your attacks on Fletcher, but--now this bit about "These guys take so much away from what Greeneville accomplished"--that is simply BullSh_t. The Greendevil players are not going to let anyone take anything away from them, they are NOT as stupid as you make them out to be------You are an embarrassment to the players to even represent them on these boards. If you are really concerned about the Greendevil player's mental health-----------you should shut up.

When all of the SS fans are whining and b@tching about the ref made a bad call here, and Fletcher got in here. How do you say that's not taking away from Greeneville's players? When you have something worthwhile to say, let me know. Of course it may be awhile, cause your basketball program is obviously worse than your football program. Happy Holidays