Goodpasture at CPA

CougarBrown

It should be a great game. I know Goodpasture will be looking for the trick plays this time around. Can someone help me about these new district's. Next year, Goodpasture will be playing 3A, but they will be playing Class AA. There district will be 9AA. Their district is Hume Fogg (3A), Westmoreland (4A), Greenbriar (4A), Macon County (4A), Sycamore (4A), and White House (4A). Is the district winner the same as our current region winner? And how does it work when you have district's where there is 3A and 4A in the same district?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP had beaten us 5 in a row until a couple of weeks ago. That game was closer than the score, and could have gone either way. It will be quite a challenge to beat them twice in one year.

I can't imagine a more closely matched game. It will be decided by penalties, turnovers and special teams. Everything else is so even between these two teams. I wouldn't dare bet on this one.

I agree!

Congrats to both teams making it another week to get a rematch. It's goin to be a nail biter!

Should be a great game. Two talented teams playing at CPA which is one of the finest venues for watching a high school football game in the state.

I'll place my bet on Goodpasture. First, as has been noted several times, it's hard to beat a good team twice in one season. Plus, the Cougars didn't play particularly well in the first contest and Cunningham played very little in the second half.

Also, CPA continues to have execution problems and continues to play well below their talent potential. Against Fairview, the Lions had five turnovers and eked out an unimpressive victory over a team that possessed a fraction of CPA's athletic assets. Goodpasture comes into the contest buoyant from a hard fought victory over a very good LC team. IMO, Goodpasture makes it 6 wins out of the last 7 meetings.

Good luck to both teams.

Should be a great game. Two talented teams playing at CPA which is one of the finest venues for watching a high school football game in the state.

I'll place my bet on Goodpasture. First, as has been noted several times, it's hard to beat a good team twice in one season. Plus, the Cougars didn't play particularly well in the first contest and Cunningham played very little in the second half.

Also, CPA continues to have execution problems and continues to play well below their talent potential. Against Fairview, the Lions had five turnovers and eked out an unimpressive victory over a team that possessed a fraction of CPA's athletic assets. Goodpasture comes into the contest buoyant from a hard fought victory over a very good LC team. IMO, Goodpasture makes it 6 wins out of the last 7 meetings.

Good luck to both teams.

This year was the first time I had been to CPA for a football game. I agree, the atmosphere was as good as it gets. And the layout and the field was great. CPA did a great job with those facilities!

This is very similar to last season having to play CPA twice. Both of those games were

very close and you can expect the same with this game to be very close. The one thing

about this game is that both team will leave everything they have on the field. This will

be the last season both of these two great teams are in the same region and they will

go out with a bang. I see this being a higher scoring game. Goodpasture wins this time:

Cougars 35

Lions 24

Good Luck to both teams. I hope this game is free of injuries. And please, everyone get

there early and have a safe drive. A few weeks ago when I came to this game CPA was

a great host. They have a lot of pride and enjoy watching their football team play. See

you at the game.

Go Cougars!

I like the way both of these team have quietly gone about their business this year, playing relatively tough schedules and advancing to the quarters.

I fully expect the winner of this game to handle Milan or JCS next week.

Good luck to both.

That has been Goodpasture's game plan all year. Since they are very young, they have made mistakes. They have just tried to quietly go about there business, learning, and getting better every week. We are looking forward to the game this Friday!

That has been Goodpasture's game plan all year. Since they are very young, they have made mistakes. They have just tried to quietly go about there business, learning, and getting better every week. We are looking forward to the game this Friday!

------------------------------

"Ambition is that grit in the soul which creates disenchantment with the ordinary and puts dare into dreams."

-Max Lucado

It's time to "Do Work".... Go Cougars.