Goodpasture at CPA

CougarBrown

I like the way both of these team have quietly gone about their business this year, playing relatively tough schedules and advancing to the quarters.

I fully expect the winner of this game to handle Milan or JCS next week.

Good luck to both.

Thanks for the shout out from Alcoa. Both CPA and GP have grown a lot during the year, and overcome youth and injuries to peak at the right time. As a CPA fan, I have tons of respect for Alcoa's run and GP's ability to reload and get to Murfreesboro the last 3 years.

We have achieved more than expected this year, but I do believe early season losses against tough opponents have developed an attitude in our players that blowing out lesser opponents can't develop. That has always been the CPA way - good or bad. We would love the challenge and privilege of playing Alcoa for the title. They are the best. Could we win? Most would say not, but mountains are meant to be climbed, and we enjoy challenges.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible for a Alcoa / Goodpasture round 4 at the boro ?

Anything is possible, but this Goodpasture team can not take anyone for granted. In the past, they would have a multitude of upperclassmen leading the way. This group is your typical lunch pale group, but it is nice to see them improve every week before our eyes. I honestly believe the winner of this game will go on to meet Alcoa for state.

I think that the two teams that will be playing this friday rely alot on their respective college prospects.

Benji Cunningham is a great back, he is hard to tackle up high. Plays hard when he is in the game..... when he is in the game.

Z Mason is also very talented and has alot of other options around him to help out with the challenge.

The paper battle has to go to CPA, but I think the real battle on Friday goes to Goodpasture. I think B.

Cunningham plays almost every play this week and has more of an effect than he did in the previous game.

It is hard to beat a good team, even harder to beat them twice.

I would like to wish both teams the best of luck and hope you guys come out injury free. I just wish it was Lewis V. CPA. but wishing only gets you dreaming and this is reality

I like the way both of these team have quietly gone about their business this year, playing relatively tough schedules and advancing to the quarters.

I fully expect the winner of this game to handle Milan or JCS next week.

Good luck to both.

APB:

Good post and I agree. Some time ago I told some of the Milan posters that they better be stop worrying about Alcoa and figure out how to beat Good Pasture! Good luck to both GP and CPA.

APB:

Good post and I agree. Some time ago I told some of the Milan posters that they better be stop worrying about Alcoa and figure out how to beat Good Pasture! Good luck to both GP and CPA.

I agree that you should always worry about the game at hand first. I think you should think about Alcoa once you are at state, not a minute before. I like the winner of this game to make it to Murfreesboro. Milan is a top level program, but if Goodpasture does not take anybody for granted with there 3 state titles and 3 consecutive runner-ups, I don't think anyone should.

I think that the two teams that will be playing this friday rely alot on their respective college prospects.

Benji Cunningham is a great back, he is hard to tackle up high. Plays hard when he is in the game..... when he is in the game.

Z Mason is also very talented and has alot of other options around him to help out with the challenge.

The paper battle has to go to CPA, but I think the real battle on Friday goes to Goodpasture. I think B.

Cunningham plays almost every play this week and has more of an effect than he did in the previous game.

It is hard to beat a good team, even harder to beat them twice.

I would like to wish both teams the best of luck and hope you guys come out injury free. I just wish it was Lewis V. CPA. but wishing only gets you dreaming and this is reality

Thanks for the comments. Lewis County played very hard, and you should be proud!