JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

Gilbert had 30 yards on 15 carries during the first game. What I remember more han anything is Milan and Gilbert getting stuffed on 4th and short at least 3 times in the first 3 quarters. JCS can bring it on defense as they showed last week. The Bulldogs will have to play a complete game to get the win and advance. Doesn't matter if by 1 point or by 21 points. Just get the "W".

Is Gilbert playing hurt? His stats were so impressive at the first of the season, but not as good in the second half! Anyone know if he's injured?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

I know this off topic again, but here we go. The point is that no one really knows how good Henry Co. is. Sure everyone thinks they know, but their schedule is a very easy one. Yes they blew out a Fairley team that did beat Melrose. However, Melrose had one heck of a schedule to go through. Everyone thinks Henry Co. will march in their and kill Melrose. Don't forget this is pretty much the same Henry Co. team that got handled last year at their house by Westview. They are not unbeatable. I do think they will lose this week. Maybe they won't, but it's not a done deal like many people want to believe. Would you think that there is no way that JCS can beat Milan? Surely not. It is a definite possibility. Why then is it so hard to believe that Melrose can beat Henry Co?

As a fan of the JCS/Milan game, I have been following this thread closely as I did the JCS/Huntingdon and the Westview/Milan threads last week! Therefore I feel compelled to offer a comment regarding hufstedler02's predictions for the HC/Melrose outcome. For some reason, many of the smaller schools in the area have some fear of the Orange Mound. For the life of me, I can't understand it! Henry Co. beat Melrose there 2 years ago in the 3 rd round and beat Melrose in Paris last year! Why is everyone mezmorized by that Stadium. Although it's a cool atmosphere, otherwise, it's a dump!

Secondly, stick to 2A where I hope your football knowledge is a little stronger. Melrose won 6 games in the regular season while losing 4. Of the 6 wins, only 1 came against a team with a winning record and that was 3A Mitchell who finished the season 6-4. Furthermore, did I see where you mentioned Westview? Dude, HC beat them like a D-II 1A team!! They played Milan a 3 point game last week and HC hung 40 on them in the first half! Again, I think this JCS/Milan game will be a good one.....therefore, I recommend you stick to commenting on something you may know a little more about in an effort not to look like such a fool!!

Thirdly, unless you know the scheduling procedures, I recommend you ask someone in the know. Milan, Westview, and Dyersburg all turned down opportunities to play HC the next 2 seasons. Cudos to Liberty and Humboldt. The Vikings obviously have a magnum set and don't mind displaying them!! More than can be said for some others!

As a fan of the JCS/Milan game, I have been following this thread closely as I did the JCS/Huntingdon and the Westview/Milan threads last week! Therefore I feel compelled to offer a comment regarding hufstedler02's predictions for the HC/Melrose outcome. For some reason, many of the smaller schools in the area have some fear of the Orange Mound. For the life of me, I can't understand it! Henry Co. beat Melrose there 2 years ago in the 3 rd round and beat Melrose in Paris last year! Why is everyone mezmorized by that Stadium. Although it's a cool atmosphere, otherwise, it's a dump!

Secondly, stick to 2A where I hope your football knowledge is a little stronger. Melrose won 6 games in the regular season while losing 4. Of the 6 wins, only 1 came against a team with a winning record and that was 3A Mitchell who finished the season 6-4. Furthermore, did I see where you mentioned Westview? Dude, HC beat them like a D-II 1A team!! They played Milan a 3 point game last week and HC hung 40 on them in the first half! Again, I think this JCS/Milan game will be a good one.....therefore, I recommend you stick to commenting on something you may know a little more about in an effort not to look like such a fool!!

Thirdly, unless you know the scheduling procedures, I recommend you ask someone in the know. Milan, Westview, and Dyersburg all turned down opportunities to play HC the next 2 seasons. Cudos to Liberty and Humboldt. The Vikings obviously have a magnum set and don't mind displaying them!! More than can be said for some others!

You know Milan wouldn't take the chance and why would Westview want to play them again.

Milan hung 42 on Westview in the first half in week 10! A little fire power there also! For some reason after we went up 14-0 in the first qtr, the offense fizzled. Some say weather, others say Westview was just better. Whatever the reason, Milan had 4 turnovers and that alone should get you beat in November! Milan survived and advanced. Bottom line Milan will have to execute better to go any further this year. I expect to see better execution this week from the Dawgs and that is bad news for JCS. Milan 34-13.

As far as scheduling goes, when you play a tough region schedule you tend to lighten the out of region schedule. Also seems to me that Henry County is doing the same thing, a 5A school looking to play 2A, 3A schools. Milan, Westview and Dyersburg all know it will be a battle all year just to get through the region! What would you do? Humboldt and Liberty both will be in weaker regions so why not schedule a tough out of region game or two.

Good luck to you guys this weekend vs Melrose! Hope to see Milan and HC in Murfreesboro.

I sat down last night and for the first time read through every post on this thread and have made a disturbing conclusion. While I love the sport of football it seems that for some it has become an idol, a god, their passion and their religion. They even hold their worship services (pep rallies) on the Church of Christ property. God probably loves looking down on that one. Gold balls are your idols and you worship in the shrine of THS. You make your coaching staff into god-like men changing nothings into somebodies. Please keep your zealousness in check. . .just look at how you turned on your own team when they didn't play as well as you would have liked in the rain last week. The young man that feels like a failure because they fell short of a state championship is wrong. Winning a football game is not everything. As you parade your rituals and revelry around Milan Friday night remember this. At the end of the day its just a game.

Milan hung 42 on Westview in the first half in week 10! A little fire power there also! For some reason after we went up 14-0 in the first qtr, the offense fizzled. Some say weather, others say Westview was just better. Whatever the reason, Milan had 4 turnovers and that alone should get you beat in November! Milan survived and advanced. Bottom line Milan will have to execute better to go any further this year. I expect to see better execution this week from the Dawgs and that is bad news for JCS. Milan 34-13.

As far as scheduling goes, when you play a tough region schedule you tend to lighten the out of region schedule. Also seems to me that Henry County is doing the same thing, a 5A school looking to play 2A, 3A schools. Milan, Westview and Dyersburg all know it will be a battle all year just to get through the region! What would you do? Humboldt and Liberty both will be in weaker regions so why not schedule a tough out of region game or two.

Good luck to you guys this weekend vs Melrose! Hope to see Milan and HC in Murfreesboro.

With the powerful schedule that JCS has put together for next season outside of their district, they should definately be the favorite in their D-II 1A division! Most understand your point in hoping for an easier non-district schedule especially since wild cards now play a factor in EVERY district for playoff seeding! But, keep in mind, things are different in Paris. HC has to take first come/first play! Only 2 school offered to play HC next season. Those 2 are Humboldt and Liberty. No Memphis teams, no rural West TN teams, no Nashville privates, no Williamson Co schools, and not even the powerful KY schools like Marshall Co, Hopkinsville, Paducah Tilghman, Ft. Campbell, Graves Co, or Lone Oak. It's not as easy to get game in Paris because so many see it as a lose-lose situation!

Anyway, good luck to both JCS and Milan! I wish I could see it but I will be getting high (not by choice) at the Orange Mound Friday!

With the powerful schedule that JCS has put together for next season outside of their district, they should definately be the favorite in their D-II 1A division! Most understand your point in hoping for an easier non-district schedule especially since wild cards now play a factor in EVERY district for playoff seeding! But, keep in mind, things are different in Paris. HC has to take first come/first play! Only 2 school offered to play HC next season. Those 2 are Humboldt and Liberty. No Memphis teams, no rural West TN teams, no Nashville privates, no Williamson Co schools, and not even the powerful KY schools like Marshall Co, Hopkinsville, Paducah Tilghman, Ft. Campbell, Graves Co, or Lone Oak. It's not as easy to get game in Paris because so many see it as a lose-lose situation!

Anyway, good luck to both JCS and Milan! I wish I could see it but I will be getting high (not by choice) at the Orange Mound Friday!

I realize it will be difficult for you guys to find anyone that wants to play you. Not a lot of options out there right now and that will be the drawback to the reclassification. I will say this, if regions were the same next year as they were this year (obviously they will not be) then Milan and HC would have been playing in 2009!

I sat down last night and for the first time read through every post on this thread and have made a disturbing conclusion. While I love the sport of football it seems that for some it has become an idol, a god, their passion and their religion. They even hold their worship services (pep rallies) on the Church of Christ property. God probably loves looking down on that one. Gold balls are your idols and you worship in the shrine of THS. You make your coaching staff into god-like men changing nothings into somebodies. Please keep your zealousness in check. . .just look at how you turned on your own team when they didn't play as well as you would have liked in the rain last week. The young man that feels like a failure because they fell short of a state championship is wrong. Winning a football game is not everything. As you parade your rituals and revelry around Milan Friday night remember this. At the end of the day its just a game.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I don't think of football as an idol or a god. From what I've read of everyone else, they don't either. I think you are the one that has gone overboard here. There is nothing wrong with a church allowing a pep rally on their property. It does not interfere with anything going on at the church. As a matter of fact, it is helping the community. Nothing wrong with that. I love football, but I would not trade it for my salvation. You should probably tone it down because talk like that does not win lost to Christ, it turns them away. You should be showing them love. That might work better.

You are obviously a Henry Co. fan. That is cool. You don't agree with me. I really don't care if you do or not. I hate to break the news to you, but you don't know quite as much as you think either. I have followed high school football for many years now. I do have a good idea about what I am saying. For the record, I didn't say Henry Co. was bad. We don't know how good they are. They haven't played anybody. 6 teams with 2 or fewer wins. That says it all. They are whipping bad teams. Also, I was at the 1st round game in Paris. I was disgusted with Henry Co. The last drive of the 1st half, they were up 41-7 at midfield, and they were calling time outs and spiking the ball to try to score again. Pathetic. Now that is me saying something bad about Henry Co. Just like in my last post, what I say is true. The facts are the facts. You can't change them. Also, Milan has never turned away from a game. Look at the teams we have played just this decade alone. We can't play everyone. There are some teams we have to leave out. We will not pick Henry Co. over Huntingdon. That is one of our biggest rivals. Also, we want to play teams like Camden too.

Now back to the topic of this thread. Milan by 10, and I apologize to everyone for getting us off topic. I believe I started this mess. Sorry.

Regardless of who wins or loses, this will be a great game! I think both teams will come out showing some new things on offense and will be successful early on. I think this game will come down to who can adjust on the defensive side of the ball first. Good luck to both teams, and may the best team win to represent WTN in the state!