Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins (Re-Match)

huskergymnast33

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, to the Franklin players: Congratulations. You are a great team and I'm sure that you are great kids who deserve all the success you are seeing. Now go represent Region 6 for all the guys that won't be playing this Friday.

It's been a rough weekend trying to process the events of Friday night. It's hard not to think that there should have been a different outcome. For those who are foolish enough to think that this game determined who was the better team once and for all...get real. The way I see it, it's 1-1. Unfortunately we can't meet again for best of 3. And to those who are saying it should have been a shut out, well, it wasn't. "Trick" plays are part of the game and defenses have to defend against them just like anything else. P.S. - we didn't even score on that play. It was simply a third down conversion. But I'll give credit where credit is due. You stopped the run which is something that no other team was able to do this season. It's too bad the offensive coordinator couldn't adjust. It seems to be a playoff trend. We make a premature exit due to continuously running it up the gut even when it is clearly not working. As soon as it was determined (early) that the Rebels were shutting down the run, we should have gone to plan B. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be a plan B. Instead we waited until the final drive to start passing (too little, too late). Say what you will about not having a true passing qb, but AJ has proven that he can connect on short passes that significantly open up the running game. Those players, especially those seniors, deserved better than what they were given on Friday. Period. You have a team that has played with heart and determination and did everything that you asked of them all season, and you essentially set them up to fail? Maybe it's time for a change...

Bruin Defense: You are amazing! Don't let anyone tell you any different. Thanks so much for such a great season. You are the top D in the state in our book!!! To those of you who will play at the next level, we will be following you and cheering you on wherever your path may lead!

Coach Crawford: Thanks so much for your dedication to this team and these boys. You are largely to thank for the successes of this season. The kids are lucky to have a man of integrity and class leading and shaping them. May God continue to bless you and your family in the future.

Finally, to MY Bruin: Where to begin? You are a champion in every sense of the word. If guts and determination won games, you would never have to feel the pain of defeat. Your skill is certainly evident, but your heart outshines your skill every time. Watching you play for the past 13 years has been so much fun! Thanks for the great memories! We can't wait to see you make many more for the next 4 years. But while your achievements on the field have been numerous, it's who you are off the field that makes me truly proud...a man of God, a loving son, brother, uncle and friend, and a selfless giver and servant to others. Your future is so bright it's hard to see what lies ahead. But no matter what path God leads you down, know that we will always be beside you cheering you on and wanting nothing short of everything for you! Always keep your focus on what is truly important and you will continue to be blessed and in turn be able to bless others. I love you more than you know and am so proud of you!!!