Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Might as well get this thing going. Hope all of the Region Five teams and fans will want to come and watch this inner region quarterfinal matchup between these two region mates. It will be the final meeting of any Team in Region 5 as the TSSAA are changing to Districts and some of the teams are moving into other areas. Come as a fan and sit on either side.

Lipscomb will need their "A" game as we know Giles will come in really prepared for this game. It is my understanding that both teams are fairly healthy.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well get this thing going. Hope all of the Region Five teams and fans will want to come and watch this inner region quarterfinal matchup between these two region mates. It will be the final meeting of any Team in Region 5 as the TSSAA are changing to Districts and some of the teams are moving into other areas. Come as a fan and sit on either side.

Lipscomb will need their "A" game as we know Giles will come in really prepared for this game. It is my understanding that both teams are fairly healthy.

They may have changed the name from Region to District, but Giles, Marshall, Page, and Spring Hill will still get to visit each other every year.

I might have to pull for the NEW CLASS AA DISTRICT 12 TEAM? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

My first thoughts on this game is that David Lipscomb wins a fairly tough game. Why?

1. Giles County will not be able to sneak up on an unalert Mustang squad. Won't be possible after the way the regular season game went.

2. Giles County had an unbelievable offensive performance last time running the ball and the clock. I don't see that how happens to a DL defense twice by the same team in the same year.

3. The game is at David Lipscomb. No explanation needed.

4. Zach Rogers is healthy. No explanation needed.

It will be interesting to see what each team learned about the other from the first contest. I cannot imagine either team playing defense like they did the first go round. Lipscomb's defense got pounded into submission. Giles defense was not even on the field long enough to break a sweat in the game. IMO it will be a much lower scoring affair this time.

Is anything going to be done as far as extra seating for this one?Giles faithful will not have room as it is.

If the other region fans show up its gonna be packed.

Both teams will need their A game and I'm sure both will be well prepared.As far as I know all are healthy.

Biggest game of the year for both sides.I've said it before, IMO, this is the state championship game.

Lipscomb is well respected but no longer feared as it was a few years back.Giles has gained a lot of

respect and I cant wait for this one.

Giles has had a history of breaking DL streaks,even though they have never beaten the Mustangs.

This is the final chance for GC and I think they are capable of beating DL.Will they break the win streak?

Most teams do better against Lipscomb the second time around and if this holds true GC will win this game.

One thing im sure of is it will be a great game.I will hold my prediction for now.

this is going to be a real tough one for giles co. to win.glad to see we get another shot at them.maybe giles co.'s band will stay at home this time so we will have more room.the band really disrespected the football team last night by leaving right in the middle of the ballgame. raining or not they knew the weather forecast before they came so they can't use the weather as an excuse.maybe this game will be as exciting as the last.hoping for a bobcat victory.

this is going to be a real tough one for giles co. to win.glad to see we get another shot at them.maybe giles co.'s band will stay at home this time so we will have more room.the band really disrespected the football team last night by leaving right in the middle of the ballgame. raining or not they knew the weather forecast before they came so they can't use the weather as an excuse.maybe this game will be as exciting as the last.hoping for a bobcat victory.

that is not only disrespectful.. its pathetic. that is absurd the band would not stay for the end of what sounded to be a great game and hard fought on both sides. congrats to page on a great season! im pulling for the mustangs but im not quite sure what my prediction is yet.

for the mustangs to win.. they have to get the offense on the field. last time giles completely controlled the clock with an unstoppable ground game. if this happens the second time around the bobcats will come out with the victory. also, the mustangs will need to lay the pads on Bo early and continue throughout the rest of the game. Bo is the best athlete the mustangs have faced and is capable of changing the course of the contest. the mustangs are playing there best ball of the season so far but will need to bring there A games on friday to get the win. no doubt. whichever team wants this one more will move on to the semi-finals.

bobcat fans i wish you all a safe trip to and from green hills on friday night and good luck to both teams and hopefully neither side will have any injuries!

aslo, dedicated 62.. what streaks have the bobcats broken? not at all a smart remark just a serious question.

that is not only disrespectful.. its pathetic. that is absurd the band would not stay for the end of what sounded to be a great game and hard fought on both sides. congrats to page on a great season! im pulling for the mustangs but im not quite sure what my prediction is yet.

for the mustangs to win.. they have to get the offense on the field. last time giles completely controlled the clock with an unstoppable ground game. if this happens the second time around the bobcats will come out with the victory. also, the mustangs will need to lay the pads on Bo early and continue throughout the rest of the game. Bo is the best athlete the mustangs have faced and is capable of changing the course of the contest. the mustangs are playing there best ball of the season so far but will need to bring there A games on friday to get the win. no doubt. whichever team wants this one more will move on to the semi-finals.

bobcat fans i wish you all a safe trip to and from green hills on friday night and good luck to both teams and hopefully neither side will have any injuries!

aslo, dedicated 62.. what streaks have the bobcats broken? not at all a smart remark just a serious question.

The bobcats have broken some streaks like scoring in the fisrt qt. /1st half or holding DL to under or no points

in a qtr. or half , DL trailing in a game, ect.just some small things but these are things others had not done against DL.I will have to dig up some stats for this but will do so if you wish.Vandy1 may know more on this than I do.