Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

Oh yes I see your scientific reasoning. Post a lot on coach t and Lipscomb wins.

Hey ahapplet, its gonna be hard for us to win on this board count thing, see they have been in training since the 5th grade. And V1, I'm guessing, was in the 5th grade back in the late 40's......who knew they were so forward thinking. But to our advantage last night on vh1 Nirvana beat out some top irish groups for song of the 90's with "Smells like teen spirit" So there you go....Its gonna be close, but thats a clear indicator to a GC win.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No....its true...the team with the least mistakes wins....after seeing all the other scenarios on here..it only makes sense that the team with the least mistakes wins

I think the team who wants it the most wins. DL has been there several times, GC has not and this year they have a good chance at making it and they are not going to just lay down for DL this is probably going to be one of the most exciting games of the year. I honestly don't think it is gonna end up like 2 years ago.

GO BOBCATS!

Actually you must have us confused. We are the mustangs, but Hillsoboro High is less than a mile away, so I could see how you could get us confused.

Foolish me, I was thinking the team who scored more points would win.

No Ed, it's not another high school at all. I am not confused and I don't think Dedicated is either. Leave For the Boys alone. He is actually trying to talk football and it's obvious that you can't. So quiet down please.

Hey ahapplet, its gonna be hard for us to win on this board count thing, see they have been in training since the 5th grade. And V1, I'm guessing, was in the 5th grade back in the late 40's......who knew they were so forward thinking. But to our advantage last night on vh1 Nirvana beat out some top irish groups for song of the 90's with "Smells like teen spirit" So there you go....Its gonna be close, but thats a clear indicator to a GC win.

Bomb knows some big words, or at least has a dictionary at hand, but they both (Ed and Bomb) write like they are still in the 5th grade. I like that indicator!

ESMO (enough said move on) /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

The topic is Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

Talk football!

OK! We only lost in the last second of the last game by a field goal. We surprised the heck (hope this is not considered a cuss word on coach t) out of DL with our playing, teamwork, great coaching, and determination to win. Some people say that it's hard to beat the same team again in the same season, but on the other hand we were able to beat Page. I think the Giles County crowd can help to make a difference. I could tell that the noise was getting to some of the DL players in the last game. I think our band gets on their nerves too, because DL only has bagpipes and a sad little horn. They need to fish some band members out of the big pool and a bagpipe player too. If we have a great crowd to cheer on our Cats, and with their talent and desire, we can win. So yell loud......Go Bobcats.

OK! We only lost in the last second of the last game by a field goal. We surprised the heck (hope this is not considered a cuss word on coach t) out of DL with our playing, teamwork, great coaching, and determination to win. Some people say that it's hard to beat the same team again in the same season, but on the other hand we were able to beat Page. I think the Giles County crowd can help to make a difference. I could tell that the noise was getting to some of the DL players in the last game. I think our band gets on their nerves too, because DL only has bagpipes and a sad little horn. They need to fish some band members out of the big pool and a bagpipe player too. If we have a great crowd to cheer on our Cats, and with their talent and desire, we can win. So yell loud......Go Bobcats.

Our band will be there to root the team on, but from what I understand they are not doing a half time show.

Our band will be there to root the team on, but from what I understand they are not doing a half time show.

I'm all for the band. But they need to get really loud when were on defense and be a bit more attentive when were on offense. They can have an effect on both teams. I just hope they don't all go the the bathroom at DL at half time instead of marching.

IMO here's my breakdown:

Offense:

*QB: Advantage GC. But only slightly. GC's QB is better individually, but Lipscomb's runs their offense efficeintly.

*Running Backs: Advantage Lipscomb. (Only because of depth). If GCs starter gets hurt/injured early. Big advantage DL.

*Offensive Line: Advantage. Lipscomb. Discipline. Less formations, etc. Less to think about.

*Receivers: Advantage; Lipscomb. More Speed and got to concentrate on 1. Both Run and Deep.

Defense:

*Line: Advantage; Lipscomb.

*Linebackers: About Equal

*DBs: Slight Advantage DL. Giles has got respect the run more.

*Special Teams: Slight advantage DL. Solid. Don't give up the big play.

*Coaching Staff: Lipscomb. Been there; done that.

*Fans: How many will GC bring?

*Summary: Pulling for the NEW CLASS AA DISTRICT 12!.........................BUT,

Lipscomb: 35 Giles: 17

I'll be there to see how it all unfolds. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Its nice to see we can agree on a few things......but not everything.

IMO GC's biggest advantage is their offensive line. It was a thing of beauty the last time these two played.

I am also very interested to see what GC does to coral Rogers running the ball(maybe quarter horses and stockade panels)

Special teams, GC has the ability to make some really big plays here, but last game it was a dead heat.

As for support and fans, GC will be bringing the house.

Now, I'm well aware your no fan of mine, but when that clock hits zero I can't help but believe a competitor like yourself would really like to see GC pull this one out. Not because of the players coaches or the town but for all small town schools that just have to do it a bit different than the big city privates. I bet you remember when the team that used to win our district always headed to BA in the first round of the playoffs. Now we head to DL which I might point out is ranked way above BA in the Tennesseans rankings.

I expect there to be a huge crowd there tonight, large crowds for both teams and several hundred fans that will come to see a great game. They will mostly pick DL to win, but what they would really like to see, is the mustangs hit the dust tonight.