Giles County at David Lipscomb-Quarterfinal Match Up

vandy1

I'm all for the band. But they need to get really loud when were on defense and be a bit more attentive when were on offense. They can have an effect on both teams. I just hope they don't all go the the bathroom at DL at half time instead of marching.

Is it just me, or was everybody getting a little feisty 30 minutes ago about wanting to talk football? We've made it all the way to the band... that's close. Keep it up, we'll be talking about football by the 3rd quarter of tonight's game.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious if Lipscomb still uses the helmet radios as they did in the championship game a few years ago. I thought that wasn't very fair. What other high school teams are using these devices now?

The Lipscomb Sports Network uses them like Nascar uses in car cameras..... to expand the broadcast abilities. We have now added helmet cams

The Lipscomb Sports Network uses them like Nascar uses in car cameras..... to expand the broadcast abilities. We have now added helmet cams

There's that haskell humor I've grown to love.

All kidding aside, for years I've attended DL games and the concession stand is always first class but earlier this year they were totally void of jalapeno's. If you really have any pull at all at DL, see what you can do to help a brother in need out on this one.

I hope alltherage and ahapplet come back next week to chat on the DL Semi-final thread.

There will be a small retainer required, but I expect we will both be paying more attention to the active Giles Co. thread.

A few years back when these two met for the second time Giles Co. was 25 points better in the second game vs the first.

I've seen a few of you make those big DL blowout predictions for this game, but is seems as most of you have become much more reserved /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

OK! We only lost in the last second of the last game by a field goal. We surprised the heck (hope this is not considered a cuss word on coach t) out of DL with our playing, teamwork, great coaching, and determination to win. Some people say that it's hard to beat the same team again in the same season, but on the other hand we were able to beat Page. I think the Giles County crowd can help to make a difference. I could tell that the noise was getting to some of the DL players in the last game. I think our band gets on their nerves too, because DL only has bagpipes and a sad little horn. They need to fish some band members out of the big pool and a bagpipe player too. If we have a great crowd to cheer on our Cats, and with their talent and desire, we can win. So yell loud......Go Bobcats.

what big pool might you be speaking of? lipscomb's pep band is one of the best in the state. now the football team... it is hard to say the same. since moving up to 3A each kid represents more than 2 and a half people per kid. which means giles co. and others have the "bigger pool" to choose from. and another thing. since lipscomb "recruits", dont you think it would be hard to get kids to come to your school when you have the college campuses of MBA and Ensworth to fight against. not to mention the almighty powerhouse of BA.. but then again, maybe the 2 and a half kid is the advantage for lipscomb players

what big pool might you be speaking of? lipscomb's pep band is one of the best in the state. now the football team... it is hard to say the same. since moving up to 3A each kid represents more than 2 and a half people per kid. which means giles co. and others have the "bigger pool" to choose from. and another thing. since lipscomb "recruits", dont you think it would be hard to get kids to come to your school when you have the college campuses of MBA and Ensworth to fight against. not to mention the almighty powerhouse of BA.. but then again, maybe the 2 and a half kid is the advantage for lipscomb players

I didn't mean to rattle your chain. What pep band? Are you talking about the horn and the bagpipes? DL fishes from the big pool of the world, because you can admit students from anywhere. ANYWHERE The DL policy is to admit the ones that are big and play football. As for the rest of your post, I don't understand what you are talking about. Our school is free and we admit all who live in our district. We don't pick and choose the children that can come. Just like heaven.

DL shouldn't allow goats in the school. Thats just not sanitary /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The DL policy is to admit the ones that are big and play football.

big? look at the size of lipscombs line compared to the teams they play.