Lewis County

Stat_pack1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ddaddy.......I bet your right about them now. Good to hear that they will be making them. Do you know anything about the QB health issues? How about who are the back ups? Sounds like everyone is hitting it hard still , which a good thing.

I think that Lathan will be very good this year as a starter. He brings a lot to the table. I also hear that Yasier has been impressive with his football sense. The Carroll kid is going to be a very good player for the future, no doubt. He's already over 6' and tough as nails. If they played today Coach Sharp would be okay with Ronnie coming into a game to keep things going. I'm not sure that his ready to be the man yet though. Fact is we lost one of the best QB's that we've ever had in Kane. He will be missed no matter who is the QB.

I think that Lathan will be very good this year as a starter. He brings a lot to the table. I also hear that Yasier has been impressive with his football sense. The Carroll kid is going to be a very good player for the future, no doubt. He's already over 6' and tough as nails. If they played today Coach Sharp would be okay with Ronnie coming into a game to keep things going. I'm not sure that his ready to be the man yet though. Fact is we lost one of the best QB's that we've ever had in Kane. He will be missed no matter who is the QB.

Good to hear. How's the backfield looking for this up coming season. I have read quite a bit and based on what I have read and heard it appears to have the makings of a solid one. I have also heard the linemen are hitting it hard. Over all it sounds like they (team)has excepted the challenge. Won't be to much longer. Last I heard was that July 31st they had a scrimage with either Lexington or Bruceton.....and which everyone was first the other would be the following week. Looking forward to seeing this coming years version. Usually you have a pretty good idea what Lewis has year in and year out, but the changes in the schedule and so many good players lost to graduation, makes this year very interesting to see.

I have been reading this thread faithfully since it began. It really is frustrating to see LC's team being counted out of the game before the first kickoff. Sure, talented players have been lost due to graduation, BUT there is alot of talented players ready to hit the field running when the season begins. Yes, there is a big challenge with the change in schedule, but challenges have a way of making a person better, both as an athlete and person. Another thing, Lewis County may be a smaller school than some of the others on the schedule, but that does not mean the talent and ability to play the game is not there. I know there are LC players that read these posts, so it would really be nice to boost them up instead of always reminding them what they lost or what they lack as that has been repeatedly posted on this thread. This team has a lot of talent, dedication to the game, and the ability to make this a great season. I for one am looking forward to cheering them on in the fall!

GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Good to hear. How's the backfield looking for this up coming season. I have read quite a bit and based on what I have read and heard it appears to have the makings of a solid one. I have also heard the linemen are hitting it hard. Over all it sounds like they (team)has excepted the challenge. Won't be to much longer. Last I heard was that July 31st they had a scrimage with either Lexington or Bruceton.....and which everyone was first the other would be the following week. Looking forward to seeing this coming years version. Usually you have a pretty good idea what Lewis has year in and year out, but the changes in the schedule and so many good players lost to graduation, makes this year very interesting to see.

I'm not sure who is lined up to scrimmage, but I believe that Coach Sharp and Coach Ward at Camden are trying to get together. They will most likely scrimmage Lexington as well. I don??™t think that they weill scrimmage Bruceton this year. The backfield should be interesting this year we Lathan at QB, Darsha, Graham and Sherman at HB and Sparkman and Jones at FB. I may have left a player or two out. There seems to be a lot of options and it will be interesting to see who comes out at the end. A lot seems to be riding on Justin coming through, but we must remember that he??™s just 14 years old. Stat did you play for the Panthers?

I agree with LCFootballFan about how everyone is counting them out before it even starts. I aint gonna sit here and say they are gonna have a great season, but anybody can come out and play ball and beat any team on any certain night. When I was there everyone was wondering what we was gonna do without Chris Hatton, but we still had a great team and Mathis stepped up big for us and we did good, so you never know who could step up for them, but I think that they will do pretty good. I really hope that Clayton will step up big, he is definately stronger and stouter so I think he will do really well at defensive back. And Sherman and the Sparkmans should do really good in the backfield. The FB might only be 14 or 15 but he has the body of a 17 year old and when he wants to he can run over anybody. Good Luck Panthers

• 3 weeks later...

Well to be honest as it started I think we were a bit shell shocked with the overall speed of RD. They look great moving the ball down the field with the short routes and dump offs with the occasional shot downfield. They scored on, I believe, 4 of their first 5 positions and LC score twice. LC got it together and scored 2 more times finally getting some stops late. I believe the final score was 4 to 4 or 5 to 4 Riverdale. Lathan threw 2 ints. early then settled down and looked really good throwing 2 long completions(one for a TD to Michal). Overall it was very production considering the fact that LC had only worked on the passing game the day before. Keep in mind that Riverdale brought 30 players, all seniors. I??™m sure that many are starters and those who aren??™t I would love to see playing in Lewis County. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />