Knox Carter Ball is it in them.

BallKing2008

thats probably a good score to go with,..... but im gonna go out on a limb and say Carter upset by 2.

Even though i really think AE is going to win haha.

What you just said is an inflated Hope of a dream that Carter wished they'ed have. Unless Carter has an outside game, it will be an easy game for AE. AE limited J. Steele and Gallman to a low score. The only way for them to have an effect is on the inside by the big guy, Joe Meady. If only he could produce the same as Reggie Garrett, they would have a fighting chance too..

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE-72 Carter-51

Tied at half, but Carter didnt have the fight power to hold AE off... Zach Ballinger finally came out of his shell and hit three 3 pointers and had 9 points and lester had a good game, but got a lil fustrated.

A word of note, AE played their bench from the start by mixing it up with some of their starters. This is typical of AE doing this, because it gave Carter a false sense of hope.

Zach did come out of the shell, and finally shot the ball. Joe had a tough time, and by the way he was playing, it's like he didn't want to be there. He needs to step up his game, because Carson Newman has a run and gun style of play. He has his papers to play, but keep in mind it can and will change if he don't get into gear.

Lester had a good game, but he also exposed some of his weaknesses on the floor. He looks down on his dribble, cutting bad angles, and pity fouls had him sitting down some, and affecting his time on the court. Also that turn around jumper got him so far, he needs to develop something other than that. He showed his inability to put in some staunch defense, and that also will affect his future outcome.

AE also spread the floor to let Chance take on Lester 1 on 1, with a spread on the floor. After doing this several times with Lester being burnt, Carter went into a zone to put a stop to it. The word on AE bench was, he don't play D so play him 1 on 1.

AE in my mind is being transformed to a team that is putting team back into play, with the benching of T. Pryor the first half. This is a classic example that the coach is serious about AE making it to the dance this year, and bringing home the Big Win.

In order to beat Grainger, Carter will almost have to run a box in one on Skylar. This will slow him down, and not let him get around the screens. The other Carter players will have to step up, and stop the ball from swinging, and stop the dribble pentration. Skylar is the key, shut him down and you have a fighting chance.

The other thing that Carter has to do, is to dribble penetrate, and kick it down to Joe. Carter is not attacking the middle. Carter needs to attack the middle to make the defense collapse, and find the open shooter for the quick shot from the short corner. Lester has to have patience with the ball, and put some juice on his moves. Head fake, get them off the ground and take it in. His shooting is good, but he has to change his game some, because everyones on to it now. He can dominate the game if he would stop settling for the quick jumper and drive it down the middle, and go left. Alot of team are giving him the chance to go left, but he won't take it.

Charjuan needs to settle down, if he doesn't have it, don't give it away. Most games are decided by who has possesion of the ball. Stop doing crazy stuff and give the ball up. Carter you had to many turnovers, and that is another thing that will kill you. Good luck Carter.

In order to beat Grainger, Carter will almost have to run a box in one on Skylar. This will slow him down, and not let him get around the screens. The other Carter players will have to step up, and stop the ball from swinging, and stop the dribble pentration. Skylar is the key, shut him down and you have a fighting chance.

The other thing that Carter has to do, is to dribble penetrate, and kick it down to Joe. Carter is not attacking the middle. Carter needs to attack the middle to make the defense collapse, and find the open shooter for the quick shot from the short corner. Lester has to have patience with the ball, and put some juice on his moves. Head fake, get them off the ground and take it in. His shooting is good, but he has to change his game some, because everyones on to it now. He can dominate the game if he would stop settling for the quick jumper and drive it down the middle, and go left. Alot of team are giving him the chance to go left, but he won't take it.

Charjuan needs to settle down, if he doesn't have it, don't give it away. Most games are decided by who has possesion of the ball. Stop doing crazy stuff and give the ball up. Carter you had to many turnovers, and that is another thing that will kill you. Good luck Carter.

does carter have anyone to stop skyler? does carter have anyone to knock down the short jumper? can lester change his game? i don't see any of this happening, they never really had anyone step up on defense agaist ae and like you have been saying lester needs to change his game but it hasn't happened yet! does he think this will carry him to the next level? he diffenently has the ability but from the sound of things is he working on his weakness or just playing on his strenghts!! hope carter can get back on track and feed joe the ball he may start showing what the college coaches seen in him!!

1. does carter have anyone to stop skyler? 2. does carter have anyone to knock down the short jumper? 3. can lester change his game? i don't see any of this happening, they never really had anyone step up on defense agaist ae and like you have been saying lester needs to change his game but it hasn't happened yet! 4. does he think this will carry him to the next level? he diffenently has the ability but from the sound of things is he working on his weakness or just playing on his strenghts!! hope carter can get back on track and feed joe the ball he may start showing what the college coaches seen in him!!

I will try to give my opinion on each and everyone of your questions.

1. Braylan Bennett will be a good defender he limited Jalen Steele to 2 points the first half. He should play against Skylar and do the same.

2. Lester would be a person who should shoot down the short corner jumper. Swing the ball right , then to the top, dribble penetrate and kick it to the short corner for an easy basket on the back side. While the defense is shifting back around to the top, attack the middle and a quick kick to Lester who will rotate from the left wing to the short corner. Most of the plays are Lester rotating on the cut from the left wing to the right wing. Have him to do a short cut and go back to the left wing instead. jmo

3. Lester has every opportunity to improve his game, it's just a matter of doing it. It's in his hands, and the future will only tell.

4. Only time will tell.

I think Grainger will call it by 11.

ahh i dont know much about grangier this year cuz i dont get to watch very many high school games this year, but ive played against skyler mcbee in some leagues and he is argumentaly one of the best shooters in the state, if they dont contain him then yes they will lose, but if they can hold him under 15 or 20 i think Carter will win this game by about 10.

ahh i dont know much about grangier this year cuz i dont get to watch very many high school games this year, but ive played against skyler mcbee in some leagues and he is argumentaly one of the best shooters in the state, if they dont contain him then yes they will lose, but if they can hold him under 15 or 20 i think Carter will win this game by about 10.

The last time you said Carter by 2 with AE. Are you sure, and on the Fulton /West game you said something that didn't even come close. Grainger has this one. Carter has lost 4 straight before beating Seymour and lost to AE on Tuesday. Grainger by 11 once again. Were is Stanton when you need him. Without Landry, it's hard for Carter to find an outside shooter, and that is what Carter needs.

The last time you said Carter by 2 with AE. Are you sure, and on the Fulton /West game you said something that didn't even come close. Grainger has this one. Carter has lost 4 straight before beating Seymour and lost to AE on Tuesday. Grainger by 11 once again. Were is Stanton when you need him. Without Landry, it's hard for Carter to find an outside shooter, and that is what Carter needs.

haha the AE game i knew AE was gonna win i said i thought they were gonna win, i just wanted to change it up and go with an upset... but west suprised me, plus fulton played one of the worst games theyve played all season and gave up way too many points in the 4th quarter!

I didnt watch that west fulton game, but from what i heard it wasnt that close till the 4th quarter i could be wrong though thats jus what i heard.

and i know Carter is sucking it up so far, and yea landry is a big miss right now they do need him back, but i have a feeling Carter by 8... Ive gotta stick with it lol.

Carter is sucking it up so far, and yea landry is a big miss right now they do need him back, but i have a feeling Carter by 8... Ive gotta stick with it lol.

Carter might be at a point of no return, for one thing Landry is missing, Joe is scared, the others are too young, and Lester, is just Lester. Mix that together and you have a team that can play the first few minutes, like they can win and then fall apart. Some of their heads swell, and the others just plain give out. I think Carter had a total of around 30 turnovers against AE. How can you justify a team with that many turnovers, to win if in deed at all. Alcoa shut them down in the second half by going zone, and came back and won. I'm starting to see the same thing over and over again. The Coach is giving them the opportunity to play, and they take it and blow it by not listening, not following through with the plays, and playing me ball at every chance they can get. If you been to any of the games, who does he yell at the most, but the thing about it is, it's the same thing and people every time. Maybe things will turn around, but not overnight Grainger will come to play, and teach Carter that team play does work. Grainger by 11 once again.