Hillsboro at Beech

otherside21

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burro's are rolling. Shouldn't be close.

first off wanna say welcome to our region next year the boys at INDY, BRENTWOOD, FHS,RHS and CHS are looking forward to it-

dont overlook beech, they put you to sleep but when its over with you feel beatin up and end up with a loss- do i think they can beat you nope i dont but they will battle

Hboro- 27

Beech 20

first off wanna say welcome to our region next year the boys at INDY, BRENTWOOD, FHS,RHS and CHS are looking forward to it-

dont overlook beech, they put you to sleep but when its over with you feel beatin up and end up with a loss- do i think they can beat you nope i dont but they will battle

Hboro- 27

Beech 20

Thanks for the welcome and believe me we know they are physical.

Should be a good match up. Beech can certainly run the ball, as evidenced last week. Hillsboro is good at many facets of the game, and may be able to hold the run game down. Question will be if Beech can mount an air attack if that happens. Prediction: Hillsboro 31 Beech 14 in a very close game through the first 3 qtrs.

Guest catsvoice

Having seen both Hillsboro and Beech this season I like Furlow82's approach. Beech is very disciplined and their offense just grinds and grinds, and just when you cheat your safeties up enough they will throw it over the top. So the Buccaneers will want to use the clock and keep the Hillsboro offense off the field.

The problem is that when Hillsboro's offense gets on the field I believe they are just too fast for Beech. Yes Beech played White House and Hendersonville and Maplewood, but they have seen nothing that approaches the speed of the Burros.

So, like Furlow82, I see this one close maybe into the third quarter are perhaps the fourth and then Hillsboro scores a couple of quick ones and the Beech offense is not a quick-strike, come-from-behind offense. Now if the Burros turn it over a couple of times early the the Bucs get up early it could change things.

The most gratifying thing about this game for me is that Maplewood is not in it and we don't have to listen to Boski anymore. He's home and waiting for basketball season!!!!!

Before your edit, yes - too hard to forget. But chaos001 is rooting for Beech, not everyone in Big Red Nation. I think many Die Hard fans in Big Red country would love to see a rematch of '06. But of course, first things first and we are only concerned about Melrose this week.

i decided it would be best to be discreet haha. as you stated, i would think HC would like to play hillsboro. and yes, we shall leave that talk for nest week.

Saw the MJ - Hillsboro game on Friday and came away VERY impressed with No. 4 Alex Crutcher. He was flying on a very wet field. First snap he went 77 and broke two tackles. Of course Gordon is a stud, but Crutcher gives HHS a very tough 1-2 punch. I heard he's headed to Texas Tech. Another reason why UT's program has fallen -- letting these in-state kids get away. Where is Gordon going? Also -- the Hillsboro kicking game is outstanding. No. 14 was booming kickoffs and supposedly No. 86 hasn't missed a PAT in years.