Hillsboro at Beech

otherside21

Every coach at Hillsboro has a special teams coaching responsibility but the coordinator of special teams is Alvin Fite (former Burro player, former MTSU player). Other than the blocked field goal that won the game for MBA. Hillsboro's special teams have been good all year.

They do a good job; Hats off to Coach Fite & all the other coaches that work with their special teams. I like how Hendrix Brakefield & Jacob Noe have really improved over the last couple of years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do a good job; Hats off to Coach Fite & all the other coaches that work with their special teams. I like how Hendrix Brakefield & Jacob Noe have really improved over the last couple of years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to both programs here. I'm not sure who I'd be pulling for in this game. All I know is I hope the winner continues their success the following weeks and I see them in Murfreesboro fighting for a title.

Good luck from Smyrna.

I agree. Watching Brakefield's development into a likely scholarship placekicker and/or punter at the college level has been nothing short of gratifying.

Aww, can't you just be civil and root for HHS to beat Beech like Burro fans are in desiring Henry County beat Melrose....We don't have to be enemies...at least not until 7pm on Black Friday. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Good luck against Melrose!

someone has to cheer on the underdog, don't they? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Can't wait for kickoff.

Beech has exceeded my expectations each and every week with team play, guts and determination. Although I would like to see a bit more creativity on the offensive side of the ball, they do run multiple offensive sets which have confused opponents every week. Defensively, they just get it done with discipline, hard hitting and sure tackling. No real standouts on this team with the exception of #2, Bobby Huey which I expect to be recruited to play at the next level. In all my years of watching HS football you rarely see a player who isn't physically gifted (5'6" maybe if that) be an impact player and game changer consistently. This kid has the heart of a lion and would be a true find for any college team.

No question that Hillsboro has the talent and experience on their side. If they bring those attributes along with team play I believe that will be enough to overcome the Beech home field advantage.

Key to the game rests with Beech's ability to disrupt the passing game of the Burro's. Pressure and disciplined linebacker and DB play is paramount when dealing with the potent experienced Hillsboro offense. I believe Beech will be able to consistently move the ball and possibly control the clock.

Regardless, this should be a great game and I look forward to watching it this Friday night.

Good luck to all players participating!

HerbstreitforPresident /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW- Can anyone tell me who #5 is for Beech. Someone told me he is a Sophmore, is that correct??? He has been playing corner like a beast and I think he also plays WR (not that they pass much but has a few TDs)!! D1 prospect in the making?? I'll bet we'll see him playing safety in the future with those hands and anticipation.

HerbstreitforPresident /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW- Can anyone tell me who #5 is for Beech. Someone told me he is a Sophmore, is that correct??? He has been playing corner like a beast and I think he also plays WR (not that they pass much but has a few TDs)!! D1 prospect in the making?? I'll bet we'll see him playing safety in the future with those hands and anticipation.

Max Zinchini - Soph