Scheduling Meeting in Jackson

REDPWR

i really did not even think about that "side" of the argument and i assume that is why the 5 schools voted for the PODS....it def gives you more scheduling options....

i also see the other side of that argument, where dyersburg, haywood, covington and ripley would rather have to worry about 2 non-region games vs 4 or or 5?...

not real sure how the pod system works, especially in selection of teams for the playoffs??????

can anyone enlighten us on how the pod system will work?????? i was just starting to understand the new playoff system with the wildcards????

geesh....

I can't really say on how the pod will work - I would assume the teams that you don't play the next 2 years will be rotated in the following 2 years.

In this new region from a Milan standpoint - Westview, Crockett, Dyersburg and maybe GC would pack the house. There might be others but I can't see Ripley or Covington bringing a large crowd to Milan. Obion Co. Maybe?

If we can keep Trenton, Huntingdon, Camden & JCS on the schedule you are looking at a minimum of two more great gates each year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't ever happen. The Bulldogs like to have big gates and sure wins for out of district games. There is a good chance they would lose this game and we cant take that chance.

Forget the gates (although the gate would be huge) and the wins. D1 scouts follow Henry Co. and it can't be nothing but a positive for Milan to play them and have their better players exposed to that.

the above is the information i am picking up off the wire.....

it appears that coach sisser just wants to stir the pot for whatever reason........and i do know first hand that our AD was against the PODs, and said that dyersburg would vote against it....

dyersburg is not affraid of milan or westview...... we scrimmage milan every year and use to scrimmage westview.....

i was surprised by crockett county......i thought they were going to vote to keep it as is......crockett county has had a very bad injury bug the last several years and that may have influenced their vote...

I would like to apologize to all the Dyersburg fans. I was misinformed. Coach Counce wanted to stay in the region. It was Crockett that wanted out. Sorry D-burg fans, and once again I apologize for not getting my facts straight.

What is this crap? I dont blame Milan from getting out of this Zplan mess but if you can just opt out and play anyone you want I think the privates may have rethought their decesion. I didnt see anything in the TSSAA thing that said you didnt have to play up. It said you have to play all teams in your region. How will this affect seeding in the playoffs (teams who play their region vs pods)?

I can't really say on how the pod will work - I would assume the teams that you don't play the next 2 years will be rotated in the following 2 years.

In this new region from a Milan standpoint - Westview, Crockett, Dyersburg and maybe GC would pack the house. There might be others but I can't see Ripley or Covington bringing a large crowd to Milan. Obion Co. Maybe?

If we can keep Trenton, Huntingdon, Camden & JCS on the schedule you are looking at a minimum of two more great gates each year.

That how i see it..play 2 teams outside your pod home and home then reverse the order the next two years..most likely DHS will keep all 4A teams in the region,plus Dyer County a big gate game ,Milan,Westview on alternating two year periods,plus 2 teams TBA.

COACH SISSER YOU NEED NOT STIR THE POT TOO SOON..YOUR IST POST CONCERNING DHS WAS ENTIRELY UNWARRANTED..IDEA DROP THE COACH ON YOUR NAME /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> AS ITS EVIDENT YOU ONLY WANTED TO STIR THE POT..DHS FEARS NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to apologize to all the Dyersburg fans. I was misinformed. Coach Counce wanted to stay in the region. It was Crockett that wanted out. Sorry D-burg fans, and once again I apologize for not getting my facts straight.

thank you.........tells alot about a person when they do that....not many around today that will man up

What is this crap? I dont blame Milan from getting out of this Zplan mess but if you can just opt out and play anyone you want I think the privates may have rethought their decesion. I didnt see anything in the TSSAA thing that said you didnt have to play up. It said you have to play all teams in your region. How will this affect seeding in the playoffs (teams who play their region vs pods)?

i THINK that the pod system is an option for districts who have x number of teams.....each district has to vote it up or down.....

Guest Advisor

Won't ever happen. The Bulldogs like to have big gates and sure wins for out of district games. There is a good chance they would lose this game and we cant take that chance.

WAD......if Milan is ever offered "the choice" of wins or huge gates, TRUST ME........they will choose WINS EVERYTIME! That was evident on Monday night! Milan and HC will NEVER play again and HC probably ruined any chance of ever playing Westview again! (due to this year's game in Martin) However, it is true that HC would be their biggest draw on their schedule for a huge gate. Every road game this season, HC has had more fans than the team hosting and that DOES include Dickson County and Westiew!

McKenzie faces some new opponents next year. The full schedule can be view at mckenziefootball.com

08/28 - @ Martin-Westview

09/25 - HUMBOLDT

10/09 - TCA

10/23 - pending

I saw where Union City has TCA...Huntingdon.....Obion Central for three of their four non-district/region games...They are looking for a Week Zero or Week 1 game.....Still sets up the possibilty of a UC/Mayfield,Ky match-up....I know Mayfield has been trying to get UC up there to play in their Alliance Bowl.....Guaranteed money..I think the only hold up is they want UC to come up there two years in a row....

I saw where Union City has TCA...Huntingdon.....Obion Central for three of their four non-district/region games...They are looking for a Week Zero or Week 1 game.....Still sets up the possibilty of a UC/Mayfield,Ky match-up....I know Mayfield has been trying to get UC up there to play in their Alliance Bowl.....Guaranteed money..I think the only hold up is they want UC to come up there two years in a row....

P & G, looks like we don't play yall the next few years. We were kinda hoping that we got to stay on yalls schedule. UC and McK was starting to turn it a good rivalry.