BA vs MUS

singlewing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA and MUS have a great history going back to the 2A days in the 1980s when they were usually the top to programs in that class, and I think met up around the semis pretty much every year. BA usually got the upper hand, but I recall MUS taking one and going all the way to a 2A title. I recall attending what must have been the '90 game at BA, a BA win. Great atmosphere.

BA and MUS have a great history going back to the 2A days in the 1980s when they were usually the top to programs in that class, and I think met up around the semis pretty much every year. BA usually got the upper hand, but I recall MUS taking one and going all the way to a 2A title. I recall attending what must have been the '90 game at BA, a BA win. Great atmosphere.

History of MUS vs Brentwood Academy

The MUS-BA series has been a very significant one for both schools. BA has certainly had the upper hand more times than not but the Owls have also had their share of success at times. Several of the games have been instant classics. The 1983 play-off game which MUS won 6-0 was a huge upset ending a very long winning streak for BA and snapping a string of 3 straight state titles. The Owls repeated that upset in 1990 on their way to the Clinic Bowl with a 22-20 victory. Two of the most painful play-off loses for MUS came at the hands of BA. The 1989 game where BA comes from 14 down to kick a field goal in the last minute for the victory still stings. Perhaps one of the best high school games I have ever been a part of was the 1991 game at BA which the Eagles won 28-23.

MUS in a landslide....BA just isnt up to MUS talent....they squeeked there way into to this on a questionable 4th and inches call. They should have lost that game so dont expect them to play like that for 2 weeks in a row...

But how about this.... BA = low class

Orleans Darkwa goes down gets hurt --> fans of BA go INSANE!!!!! Darkwa gets up but falls back down --> fans uncontrollably insane.

BA knew they couldnt win that game unless they hurt one of the two athletes EHS had and it worked, they took both out of the game and they won. So congrats on the strategy (weather you call it cowardly or not).

But i have always had the highest respect for BA, they have always been good fans and never ones to point fingers or be beyond rude....but after the ensworth game i think they may have changed and this is why

1.) BA's players, parents, and student went uncontrollably wild when they saw a player from Ensworth (darkwa) get hurt. But the fact that he got up and fell hard to the ground again when attempting to leave the field and they got twice as loud as before. It almost came as a shock to me to see parents, students and players on their feet at the sight of a ensworth player serious hurt.

2.) When number 15 of ensworth got demolished by number 3. Now it was a massive hit and i jumped out of my seat cause you never see a hit like that, and im all for cheering that on cause thats football. But the fact that BA's commentator was hooting and screaming away when he saw it and continued to do so even after he saw that he was seriously injured. He was uncontrollable again. Now congrats on the hit but he has to remember these are high school kids and that looked bad, and all he could do was scream, when he should have been mature enough to controll himself because who knows who is watching that, he is representing something bigger than himself

3.)i felt like BA played with low class

THE END

Potter lost to MBA last year. He has had to get to the state the hard way this year. I believe this will be a close game but BA takes home the Gold Ball this year.

BA - 35

MUS - 31

If you think a BA team that managed ONE TD against MBA is going to paste FIVE on MUS, you are living in a dream world that only a devoted BA supporter could inhabit. They get TWO at most. However, you are right about MUS getting 31. Most have heard about MUS' running game. BA will discover their passing game - good enough to beat Prattville AL in the 7 on 7 tourney last summer - the same Prattville team that demolished BA this fall. MUS has a QB and 3 running backs that will give BA fits - plus 2 receivers that they won't be able to cover. This game should NOT be close. BA's only chance to win would be a big advantage in turnovers; otherwise, they lose...BIG.

History of MUS vs Brentwood Academy

The MUS-BA series has been a very significant one for both schools. BA has certainly had the upper hand more times than not but the Owls have also had their share of success at times. Several of the games have been instant classics. The 1983 play-off game which MUS won 6-0 was a huge upset ending a very long winning streak for BA and snapping a string of 3 straight state titles. The Owls repeated that upset in 1990 on their way to the Clinic Bowl with a 22-20 victory. Two of the most painful play-off loses for MUS came at the hands of BA. The 1989 game where BA comes from 14 down to kick a field goal in the last minute for the victory still stings. Perhaps one of the best high school games I have ever been a part of was the 1991 game at BA which the Eagles won 28-23.

Thanks for not mentioning that 2004 state championship game. Ouch! That was a really good Owls team that season.

MUS in a landslide....BA just isnt up to MUS talent....they squeeked there way into to this on a questionable 4th and inches call. They should have lost that game so dont expect them to play like that for 2 weeks in a row...

Orleans Darkwa goes down gets hurt --> fans of BA go INSANE!!!!! Darkwa gets up but falls back down --> fans uncontrollably insane.

BA knew they couldnt win that game unless they hurt one of the two athletes EHS had and it worked, they took both out of the game and they won. So congrats on the strategy (weather you call it cowardly or not).

But i have always had the highest respect for BA, they have always been good fans and never ones to point fingers or be beyond rude....but after the ensworth game i think they may have changed and this is why

1.) BA's players, parents, and student went uncontrollably wild when they saw a player from Ensworth (darkwa) get hurt. But the fact that he got up and fell hard to the ground again when attempting to leave the field and they got twice as loud as before. It almost came as a shock to me to see parents, students and players on their feet at the sight of a ensworth player serious hurt.

2.) When number 15 of ensworth got demolished by number 3. Now it was a massive hit and i jumped out of my seat cause you never see a hit like that, and im all for cheering that on cause thats football. But the fact that BA's commentator was hooting and screaming away when he saw it and continued to do so even after he saw that he was seriously injured. He was uncontrollable again. Now congrats on the hit but he has to remember these are high school kids and that looked bad, and all he could do was scream, when he should have been mature enough to controll himself because who knows who is watching that, he is representing something bigger than himself

THE END

I'll go ahead and nominate this one as the biggest head-scratcher post of the year.

THE END

I wasn't there , but I find It highly unlikely that this Is true . I've never seen a team's fans cheer because someone got hurt , maybe you misinterpreted them cheering when he got up , but they didn't anticipate him going back down . The same thing happened last week at our game with West , their player got hurt , we cheered when he stood up , but then while we were cheering he went back down . If the PA guy did what you said .... IF .... then that was classless , but until someone else backs you up , I don't believe it .